Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do any of you still wish that EA was still making new content for this game?

Off course I don't expect EA to go back to the Sims 3, but I think the results of this poll might be interesting none the less. Pick whichever one comes to the closest to how you actually feel about this question.

Do any of you still wish that EA was still making new content for this game? 100 votes

Yes. I hate the Sims 4, and I wish EA kept making expansions / stuff packs / store content for the Sims 3 instead, because its a much better game
16%
nickibitswardSimsplyRuthGraceyManoryesme88JessabeansKaeChan2089Babykittyjadedeadhaus123StephStebking_of_simcity7CoolBlueJay902giulliaNikkei_SimmerMrSpacemanTroyTalksJust_Gone_Simmin 16 votes
Yes. I'm a long time Sims 3 player, and there's just so much that they didn't add to this great game, that I just wished they would have added, and I don't like to use mods, or CC
16%
Evalenpisceschick75DevSims91dst193zagbooruleshannekemuffindavina1221InfraGreen60smusicluvrGITTE2001stephAnie1864Horrorgirl6HollyL73[Deleted User]SERVERFRAGreylady624 16 votes
Yes, I'm really disappointed that they never made X expansion pack, and I would love nothing more than for EA to come back to it for that reason.
8%
Mstybl95Rflong7MamaSimTeefmilkristenleighwhiteKayeStarHillyBethjerv2409 8 votes
No, the game would get too big, if they had kept on making new content for it for the past five years. It could use some improvement, but it wouldn't be practical for them to add any more.
27%
Emily4331carlystur03MjstsmPyoashmodreamerz13taydevFelicityBettyboop55SindocatSuzyCue72texxx78james64468BerryCharmingNoree_DoreecalipossMMXSunnyyesjamspinneduphairWaterdragonVivi_WillowTree 27 votes
No, the Sims 4 is a much better game, and I'm glad they're just focusing on that instead.
4%
ddd994GamingTweetymunroeleKookycat44 4 votes
No, because this game has enough official content as it is, and it would be hard for EA to improve it, even if they wanted to.
29%
Stdlr9PlayerSinger2010AmphoraParyArchivistMikezumiemorrillJavi182GabbyGirlJstarguruddsims3worldyoursharona34jjames041mw1525bekkasanmariajane216ThatLittleMessSims4MagicalTalesKelvincoco 29 votes

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    No, because this game has enough official content as it is, and it would be hard for EA to improve it, even if they wanted to.
    I voted no because my game is fairly stable and the last thing I want is EA adding something that requires more patches. I am patched to 1.67 and I know there will be no avoiding Origin if another EP were added.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Yes. I'm a long time Sims 3 player, and there's just so much that they didn't add to this great game, that I just wished they would have added, and I don't like to use mods, or CC
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    No, the game would get too big, if they had kept on making new content for it for the past five years. It could use some improvement, but it wouldn't be practical for them to add any more.
    I voted "No" because I don't want any patches just because of some new content. I can live without having to wait for mod updates once a month because the game got some new store content, like it is in Skyrim for example.
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited September 2019
    Honestly I don't know how to answer that... I just started playing and love Sims 3 and after seeing the reviews of 4 I don't think I'd like it as much. There's some things I wish were in it or different, and some things I wish I could buy in the store but probably won't be able to much but with mods and cc the game is 99% perfect. I could never play it without NRAAs or ATS3 ever again. Hopefully when I get a new computer I can make it 100% perfect... aka finally have dogs and cats and raccoons instead of crashing 100 times a day... lol... and be to create my dream world!

So to fully answer the question, it depends. I wish some things could be added (birdhouses or birdbaths to attract birds, double strollers) but with mods and cc sometimes I like it how it is. Oh... and I wish a couple more holidays had been included. We have st Patrick's stuff but no real reason to use it. Same for Thanksgiving, what with feast parties.

Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    As a Simmer who owns all EPs (No KPST), SPs and the entire store plus all those lovely specialty or exclusive items. My game would simply implode if any more were added to it (3rd party CC most definitely not included in that statement ;)). Unlike a lot of Simmers, I don't have everything installed all at once, I chose which store sets to pair with which expansions or worlds. Even so, for me, having to manage additional content on top of what I already have wouldn't be fun at all.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I chose the answer I did because "I want bugfixes and a 64 bit patch" wasn't there. I'm content with what we have for actual gameplay and options and you can't make an installment in a franchise last forever especially without 64 bit HEY-O
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Yes. I hate the Sims 4, and I wish EA kept making expansions / stuff packs / store content for the Sims 3 instead, because its a much better game
    I voted yes.I absolutely hate the sims 4 but love some of the ideas it has such as dine out and running businesses and restaurants(the bistro set from the store does not meet my wants)
  • nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    I voted this answer here, as getting new content for a game you enjoy is always cool. But I know that adding more content on a game that's already straining under half of the EPs installed isn't going to work out. What I do dream of, though, is for EA to come back and optimise this game. Wouldn't that be something special! Maybe the game could run a little smoother then.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    No, the Sims 4 is a much better game, and I'm glad they're just focusing on that instead.
    Nah, I think the Sims 3 is pretty complete, from what others say. Maybe a graphical overhaul to even make it more like the Sims Medieval, but that'd be the extent I think it needs, if that. If people say Sims 3 is better than Sims 4, that's their opinion, and from that opinion, they make itr sound perfect. So why add to what is already considered perfect?

Personally, I reaaaaaaaally dislike the Sims 3, so to take resources away from the Sims 4 and put them to a game that is now 10 years old is a joke to me.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Despite my vote, I do think improvements could have been made to performance and such. I think the game has plenty of content but there is no way in the world I would want EA putting their grubby fingers on this game any more. Let them stick to ruining Sims 4, it's about all its good for anyway.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2019
    I don’t play TS4 because it just never clicked with me and I prefer TS3. However, looking back on TS3 there’s really not much else that I would want them to add. It has a lot of content as it is. There are elements to this game that I still haven’t fully explored. And I don’t want to worry about patches breaking stuff.

I do miss the TS3 era sometimes. When the team was working on a game that I enjoyed it was fun to have something to look forward to and to be able to excited about the things coming out. Since I don’t play TS4, I no longer get excited about Sims news and that’s a bit sad. I’m still content with my TS3 game, though.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Lets hope we get more stuff for TS3 when it is remade for TS5 :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I picked this answer, because I also play Sims 4, and if EA did to Sims 3 what they are doing to Sims 4, it would have probably ruined the game. (Because, seriously? I always wait several weeks before I download any Sims 4 updates, just to make sure I also get the fixes. Because of the bugs. Many bugs. Reoccurring bugs. The rodent cage bug caused my whole computer to shut down. Sims 3 has never done that.)

I wouldn´t mind some fixes and new content, I just don´t have any trust whatsoever in the competence of this company to do it in a way that actually works.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

My response wasn't one of the choices -

No Sims 3 is stable at 1.67 using mods that fix most of the problems. I don't need EA breaking what is currently working or adding any more glitches, problems.

I would like to see a re-write of Sims 3, as say Sims 5, with a better foundation on which to add EPs. But from what others are saying about Sims 4 I'm not sure if EA can deliver.
  • KynanKynan Posts: 468 Member
    While I do hate the Sims 4, I think Maxis would just ruin 3 if they decided to tinker with it or add any more content.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Sims 3 creators (cc, worlds, mods, etc.) have done a great job...I'll stick with them.
    I don't want to pay for more ugly furniture, patterns, etc that come with the xpacks. I pretty much only play custom worlds, anyway.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Sims 3 creators (cc, worlds, mods, etc.) have done a great job...I'll stick with them.
    I don't want to pay for more ugly furniture, patterns, etc that come with the xpacks. I pretty much only play custom worlds, anyway.

I can't stand EA made worlds, the house in them are so boring.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I'm happy with everything we have. I can't think of any extra content that I would want. Although it would have been nice of them back in 2014 to improve the stability of the game. But as of now I hope they continue to leave us alone :smile:
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »
    My response wasn't one of the choices -

No Sims 3 is stable at 1.67 using mods that fix most of the problems. I don't need EA breaking what is currently working or adding any more glitches, problems.

I would like to see a re-write of Sims 3, as say Sims 5, with a better foundation on which to add EPs. But from what others are saying about Sims 4 I'm not sure if EA can deliver.

This is my vote as well.

I read someone saying something about how everyone tries to make Sims 3 sound perfect so why mess with perfection and I had to laugh. We all know Sims 3 isn't perfect - but would love to see a Sims 3 remaster. Have no interest in Sims 4 and given the number of issues and bugs I've read about, doesn't seem like there's been an improvement in programming skills over at EA. Perhaps it's time for a new sims game made by someone else.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    On the one hand I would love some new Sims 3 content, I do think there are things they could've done or added and I'd also love for them to fix all the problems. On the other hand, I don't trust them to fix it or add new content without doing even more damage.

I've read a number of those comments too like people just love The Sims 3, think it's perfect, we're deeply rooted in nostalgia, we just want The Sims 3 2.0. Just, no. I encourage them, come to this section of the forums and see who will say absolutely nothing is wrong with this game at all. We love it, but we aren't blind to its faults. We can love it and be critical. It's the reason I wasn't too enthused to hop on The Sims 4 train and seeing how that game is going I trust them even less now to come back and fix things or add content.

I'd love officially improved worlds, more offical worlds, more themed content from different times and periods, cellphones to be optional, a better attraction system, improved building tools and buildings, more options and a lot of other things but by EA? :grimace: No, I'm good.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Y E S!
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    I think this answer comes closest to my personal opinion.

Of course, there’s always room for improvement. And I admit there are a few more things I would’ve liked to have seen as far as TS3 content. Also, during development I had hoped for better optimization, improved stability, and actual bug fixes.

However, I don’t wish for these things now.

I run an all disk install on patch 1.67, with all EPs, SPs, Store content, plus CC and mods. Despite its limitations and flaws, the game runs well for me and I enjoy it. I will not willingly tie my game to Origin, so even if fixes were offered at this late date... hard pass. Quite frankly, I have no confidence in EA’s ability to improve anything.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member

You like Custom worlds? That's nice. I'm not really into CC, but I really like most of the custom worlds, I've downloaded. I even started making another one at about the same time I returned the Sims 3.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    No. But it's more like if it ain't broke don't fix it. And if it is broke maybe don't touch it if you're the one who broke it in the first place and you can't fix it.

I love Sims 3, don't get me wrong. It's my favourite of the series. But I got most of what I wanted in content. And everytime they added new content something new seemed to break. I have my game running pretty well now and have for a while. I'm done playing fix what this pack/patch/whatever broke.

But there genuinely is just a lot of content for it and sure there's more they could have added. Like the game is somewhat geared to YA females. They could have added more in stuff for other ages and for males. I just had another example of something I found lacking and I've lost it already and it's bugging me, but anyway.

Overall I'm relatively happy with all Sims 3 came with. My main concerns are about stability and adding more content doesn't really solve the issue. Especially if half of it is broken anyway. And the game *is* a lot for peoples computers to handle as it is. There's probably a lot of people who couldn't really handle any more. If the game had much more I'd probably be one of them.