Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spells disappear upon downloading sim from the library.

Had a spellcaster who had learned all the spells and potions. When Lilsimsie's new overhaul came out, I decided to transfer that character instead of starting a new one. I expected relationships to disappear, but was surprised that she forgot her spells and recipes. She had her perks and the sages had reduced cooldowns so that it did not take nearly as long the secomd time.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I learned this the hard way as well. I guess they are treating this the same way they do with the different recipes a sim would learn such as when they go to one of those food stands. I'm hoping someone comes out with a mod so we don't have to keep having our sims learn all that stuff over and over again. It's not uncommon for me to use the same sim in different saves.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    One option is to burrow into show hidden objects in build-buy and find all the tomes and have your sim read them again. Not a great option (especially with the bloodline traits apparently still bugging progression after you hit virtuoso) but an option.
  • pihwhtpihwht Posts: 39 Member
    I'm certainly glad I'm not the only one. I was about to try the current household again to see if it was a one off. Thanks.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hmm, good to know when I do my crossover between saves. Not a huge set back, as long as they keep their ranks! Could think of it as a refresher or something down the line.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif