Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CHEAT HELP: bb.showliveeditobjects not working

Hello everyone.

I've been having trouble getting bb.showliveeditobjects to work! I've enabled cheats and cheats like MOO and bb.showhiddenobjects work perfectly well but I've never been able to get any edit objects to appear in the catalogue.

Does anyone have any tips?

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Once you have showhiddenobjects and showliveeditobjects on, start typing DEBUG in the search. You’ll see categories appear above the search bar: ** DEBUG **
    Clicking on one of those brings you to the debug items & after that they’ll be available in the catalogue.
  • gemchiaragemchiara Posts: 97 Member
    Once you have showhiddenobjects and showliveeditobjects on, start typing DEBUG in the search. You’ll see categories appear above the search bar: ** DEBUG **
    Clicking on one of those brings you to the debug items & after that they’ll be available in the catalogue.

Only a few appear. I'm not able to get any of the plants or cars (eg: camera news fan) or any of the ocean items from Island Living which I know should appear. It's just a few books and rocks and trophies.
    gemchiara wrote: »

Only a few appear. I'm not able to get any of the plants or cars (eg: camera news fan) or any of the ocean items from Island Living which I know should appear. It's just a few books and rocks and trophies.

That is odd. That's just the hidden objects.

Sims Online has a step-by-step guide here.
    If you go through all of those and the objects still don't appear (clicking on one of the ** DEBUG ** options should make the catalog jump to them), you might need to try a game repair in case the patch they were unlocked in has an issue.
    The steps have to be done in that order, otherwise the items will not be accessible.

If you go through all of those and the objects still don't appear (clicking on one of the ** DEBUG ** options should make the catalog jump to them), you might need to try a game repair in case the patch they were unlocked in has an issue.
    The steps have to be done in that order, otherwise the items will not be accessible.

Unfortulnately it's still not working but thanks anyway. I've repaired the game many times before and it happens again and again.

Unfortulnately it's still not working but thanks anyway. I've repaired the game many times before and it happens again and again.

If it's still not working, I'd suggest heading over to AHQ (https://answers.ea.com/) and see if someone there will be able to help, since it seems like a bug. Hope you find a solution.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    The live edit objects are not categorized, the only way to access them is to search for **debug** and click an item in the list (not do a general search) so everything in the game shows up.

If you see windows etc once you've done that, you're in the right place.
    If you don't see windows, you didn't follow the steps.

Judging by your books and rocks comment, you're probably doing a general search (the first option on the list when you search for something), that's not what you're supposed to do.
    Try clicking the last option on the list instead.
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Try searching ** DEBUG ** instead of debug. I had this issue a while ago.
    Hi everyone. I've managed to get it working now thanks to some tinkering on my friend's behalf (who understands computers better than me).

Thanks for all your help.
  • ttrintettrinte Posts: 1 New Member
    > @gemchiara said:
    > Hi everyone. I've managed to get it working now thanks to some tinkering on my friend's behalf (who understands computers better than me).
    >
    > Thanks for all your help.

How'd you do it? Sorry also having the same problem.
    ttrinte wrote: »
    > @gemchiara said:
    > Hi everyone. I've managed to get it working now thanks to some tinkering on my friend's behalf (who understands computers better than me).
    >
    > Thanks for all your help.

How'd you do it? Sorry also having the same problem.

honestly no clue, it just worked one day!!! hope you've found a solution
  • ClarefansimmerClarefansimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m on an Xbox is that why it doesn’t work I have tried and tried and typed in debug an it said no object as found
  • CallmeCapCallmeCap Posts: 2 New Member
    I know it’s a little late but I play on XBOX One and This cheat was not working for me either. How I got it to work was I got my keyboard that has a touch mouse pad as well on it and I used the mouse to scroll over to the search bar. If you click on the search bar to type, it should not bring up the keyboard. If you use your controller, this will bring up the Xbox keyboard which is the wrong way.
  • CallmeCapCallmeCap Posts: 2 New Member
    Once you click on search bar and type in bug & you didn’t get the Xbox keyboard, then scroll the mouse over to the magnifying glass next to the X where you typed, it will bring up the DEBUG categories. Remember you must have a keyboard with touch mouse pad or a mouse in general to get it to work this way. To get the mouse to work you click the right click twice and it will allow you to use your mouse. Hope this helps
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Since a the solution to this issue has been posted now, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top