Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Magic Tome Reading Animation

phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
The animation for reading tomes as a spell caster is really cool. It basically makes you levitate a book and flip the pages using magic instead of just holding it like a normal sim. But its only for the new tomes and once you finish all the spells you never see it anymore. I don't know if this is a big enough deal to make a post out of but I really wish they (the gurus) added it to normal books or at least allowed us to restudy old tomes for additional XP (gurus pls). In my spellcaster saves books are the go to for entertainment so I really just wanna see them hovering books everywhere.

Anyone else feel this way or am I just crazy (or both)?

P.S the new tomes themselves also look very cool its also a shame we don't get to use them more than once.

Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
JOVa2Sn.jpg

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    It is pretty cool don't see why not any book but
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    There are tomes for spellcasters that increase their xp (found them in debug stuff). One is for low level spellcasters, the other is for high level spellcasters.
  • phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    There are tomes for spellcasters that increase their xp (found them in debug stuff). One is for low level spellcasters, the other is for high level spellcasters.

Perfect just what I was looking for actually. Its nice that its re-usable so any time I wanna read a book I can just use that and get my flashy animations. Nice find thank for you sharing its exactly what I wanted.
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    If you use the Cheat, bb.showhiddenobjects, there are not only all wands, spell tomes, potion tomes, etc. available, but also two special tomes I have never found on a shelf or seen for sale: Tome For Low-Level Spellcasters, and Tome For High-Level Spellcasters. These can be studied for magical skill-gain, just like spell books, but never expire.

The levitating tome happens only once a Spellcaster has reached Adept rank. Acolytes and below hold tomes and turn pages like any Sim. ;)
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    If you use the Cheat, bb.showhiddenobjects, there are not only all wands, spell tomes, potion tomes, etc. available, but also two special tomes I have never found on a shelf or seen for sale: Tome For Low-Level Spellcasters, and Tome For High-Level Spellcasters. These can be studied for magical skill-gain, just like spell books, but never expire.

The levitating tome happens only once a Spellcaster has reached Adept rank. Acolytes and below hold tomes and turn pages like any Sim. ;)

I'll have to look for those hidden books - I love the animation, too. And that explains why one of my Sims was doing the animation and the other wasn't.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    It's odd that we can't find those hidden books without a cheat.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
    I am not certain they cannot be found by "Search for Tomes", or popping up randomly at the shop in Caster's Alley. I simply have never seen them there yet. I found them in bb.showhiddenobjects when I was in there for something else entirely. In any event, this is what the high level tome looks like in action. My Sim looks as though I caught him a split second before he showed what he thought of me photographing him in his sanctum, but really he was just scratching his chin.

4ThosvO.png
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I can confirm that these tomes can be found with the "search for tomes" interaction. Two of my spell caster sims (in different households) have found them at Magic HQ. I haven't seen them at Caster's Alley, but I'm sure it's possible there too, just totally random.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I wish I could choose, when to and when not to use that animation, like using magic to speed read and learn spells faster Sort of a thing.
    even using they're powers to stir the cauldron vs stirring by hand.

Like if I was in a rush to make a potion or to study a spell so I can defeat someone, I'd have my sims use magic to do it, but if it's nothing too urgent why waste your energy.

Some of my sims are also more liberal with their magic and use it to their advantage, and at their disposal, while others are more conservative, they use it when it matters. but both use it with instinct, they won't even know they used magic to do a thing.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes!

I really really like this animation a lot. Would very much like to be able to re-read the tomes in order to see that one again.
    I have to try it again with low-level, mid-level and high-level Spellcasters, but I believe the default animation for the Low Level Tome is hand-held.