Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I don't know how binding his contract is with Rosalind, but if I were Rowan, I think I'd just leaf them all to it and happen somewhere else.
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @GlacierSnow That makes me really happy to hear! The teen arc is already making me think about how I'll approach the beginning of next gen--if I do another gen, of course. :scream:

NOT liking that line in bold at all! :# That little two letter word makes me sad! :'( Tell me it's not so and you will continue @LadyLobster!

• LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @Bloosmoo Well, she's a stickler for the rules, so probably pretty binding. ...Not that it ever stopped Cosette from violating dozens of contracts throughout the years, but Rowan is more conscientious. ;) Also Byron would approve of that pun! LOL.

@haswh Aww, didn't mean to worry you! <3 I always swear the current gen is my last...but you've seen how that turns out, rofl. And I tend to leave certain things open-ended that make me want to follow up on them in another gen...
    uduVcAP.png
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Rosaline tomorrow? :smiley: I'm pumped! My current prediction is that she's actually crushed on Rowan all along but never pursued it because she knew he liked her sister (I mean, the dude is like half-tree and books are made of paper... Match made in heaven over here :joy:)
    snvAF3B.png
    @CitizenErased14 It is indeed Rosaline. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
    Rosaline is cursed...

8qAhT4h.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    Rosaline, is not gross when ur parents have smoothies ok, IT'S BEAUTLFUL :bawling:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    edited September 2019
    I love that both sisters believe they’re “cursed”, but in very different ways! :joy:

I hope that somewhere along this winding path to true romance, Rosaline can see that her worth lies beyond just her beauty (and that no, not every man who looks at her is instantly in love with her :joy:)
    snvAF3B.png
    @WagonFruit 😘😘😘

@CitizenErased14 Very cursed! The cursed-est. ;) And Rosaline's still young, she has time to learn--and realize that there are guys out there who will value her for more than just that.
    uduVcAP.png
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Wow Rosaline, that's her Grandmother coming through right there....of course Rowan wanted to give you all the time you needed to read... :open_mouth:
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    What a conundrum this is for all four of them! How will it end up?! I shall wait and read and see! :p I really like Cosette with Rowan but that might not happen. :/ Rosaline and Xanny just don't fit together though in my mind. :|
    @Bloosmoo LOL, no amount of Val can negate Grandma Bianca! It's true, that was some straight up Bianca Logic right there, LOL.

@haswh It'll take a while for the final couples to reveal themselves! <3 Hope you don't mind a bumpy road...

And they all may change a bit (or not) by the time they reach adulthood...the time skip is looming!
    uduVcAP.png
    Watch, Xan will end up w Sky n Shadorlando will get w Lyra n Anders will marry Rosaline n Cosette will woo Circus n Ivy will decided Leaf is fore her AN WE WILL ALL BE LIKE WAAAAAT.
    N then Rain + Sun King ofc ;)
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    @WagonFruit How did you figure out my grand plan? :scream: Am I gonna have to rewrite all of this...
    uduVcAP.png
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Watch, Xan will end up w Sky n Shadorlando will get w Lyra n Anders will marry Rosaline n Cosette will woo Circus n Ivy will decided Leaf is fore her AN WE WILL ALL BE LIKE WAAAAAT.
    N then Rain + Sun King ofc ;)
    Sounds right. Don’t rewrite it!
  • Minty1992Minty1992 Posts: 616 Member
    edited September 2019
    Gah, Rosaline! 😔 For someone who would rather be known for your smarts, you sure do go on about how good looking you are. 😙

@Bloosmoo ... Also Byron would approve of that pun! LOL.

@LadyLobster Awww, are we ever going to be reunited with Byron? Aka the original 'thick and cold eel'? #bringbackbyron #theoriginaleel #familycurse🍆
    cropped-title-screen-1.png
    My Disney Legacy!

• Minty1992Minty1992 Posts: 616 Member
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    ... N then Rain + Sun King ofc ;)

I agree #TeamRainKing

cropped-title-screen-1.png
    My Disney Legacy!

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    The perfect square!

But you know my fav ships...

I think I have no hope! Ah well....
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Minty1992 wrote: »
    Gah, Rosaline! 😔 For someone who would rather be known for your smarts, you sure do go on about how good looking you are. 😙

Lol! That's kind of what I thought too. She seems a bit more full of herself than I expected.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    Rolling in as the voice of opposition for the discussion of Rosaline's self image O..O
    I don't think she's vain, or full of herself, or conceited, or any other related synonym.
    I'm genuinely flabbergasted that this is the popular opinion.
    Rosy was told that she is This Trait, had it reinforced by the treatment of her peers, is sad that no one will ever care for her because of any of her own merits or interests, and thinks that it's the only quality of hers that offers her a chance at real relationships.
    This poor little potato just wants someone to like her for herself, and be left alone to read her books, and low key resents having to be This Trait that she didn't ask for, and doesn't want...but is so dependent on now bc she genuinely thinks it's all she has going for her.
    MANY SAD :disappointed:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Minty1992 wrote: »

Lol! That's kind of what I thought too. She seems a bit more full of herself than I expected.

She literally calls her beauty a curse, it's a far cry from narcissism and vanity

She was told at a young age that she's pretty and that this was an asset worth milking by her own mom, and her own classmates and peers didn't care about her actual interests, only her face. For Rosaline, this idea that "beauty is above everything else" is set in stone because it seems like it's the only thing others like about her and nothing else. There was no one else around her that would let her read or even care about her interests at all. She would feel at ease with her father because Valerian would talk to her about books and necromancy, things she actually likes--But she also points out that when her mother enters the room he's completely infatuated with her and drops everything for the sole fact that her mother's beautiful and he loves her. She's tolerant of Rowan because he's quiet and knows her enough to know that she likes her reading time, LOL.

Toward the end, with her logic and track record, she assumes Rowan will come back to her afterward because that's what always happened; Not particularly with Rowan, but with everyone else. They'd always come back to her because of her beauty, and nothing else.
    @pammiechick The love square hasn't solidified yet, promise! ;) But I still hope you do like however they end up in the end.

@Minty1992 Sadly I haven't found a reason for a Byron reappearance! :scream: I do miss him though, but it's hard to shoehorn old characters in once they hit great-grandparenthood--especially when Ivy doesn't get to see him much. :cry: He's probably chilling on his raccoon farm somewhere. ;)

As for the Rosaline discussion...wow, wasn't expecting the spirited defense of her! 😲 She wasn't a character I expected people to like or identify with right off the bat, unless maybe people could relate to the wanting to read in peace thing. ;) She'd be mortified if people thought she was vain though--she tries to present the truth as she sees it rather than taking much pride in it. She'd trade places with Cosette in a heartbeat, just like Cosette would trade with her.

It's funny, before I started the gen Rosaline was supposed to be a main PoV and Cosette wasn't supposed to exist at all, so I wonder how people would've reacted if I went with my original plan. I think it's easier to sympathize with main PoV characters rather than the secondary ones since they get more screentime too. Cosette was my "Gal" of this gen in that I didn't think people would like her at all--I thought people would think she was a pushy pest, but I think she's the most popular of the main three. :mrgreen:
    uduVcAP.png
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Rolling in as the voice of opposition for the discussion of Rosaline's self image O..O
    I don't think she's vain, or full of herself, or conceited, or any other related synonym.
    Rosy was told that she is This Trait, had it reinforced by the treatment of her peers, is sad that no one will ever care for her because of any of her own merits or interests, and thinks that it's the only quality of hers that offers her a chance at real relationships.
    This poor little potato just wants someone to like her for herself, and be left alone to read her books, and low key resents having to be This Trait that she didn't ask for, and doesn't want...but is so dependent on now bc she genuinely thinks it's all she has going for her.

Hmmm. I will take this into consideration before passing judgement. I get she’s not self absorbed in that she uses her “beauty” with the intention to attract the opposite sex or same for that matter, but she feels it regardless of the reason. Which is indeed sad. But I felt like she was using her looks as a reason that she would be able to keep Rowan. :(
    edited September 2019
    @AudreyFld yeah I think “vain” is too strong of a word but I also think that her presumption that Rowan must obviously be in love with her (due to her beauty) is a little... 🤔 I dunno! I can’t think of the right word haha That’s the part that didn’t sit quite right with me.

I think on a subconscious level, Rosaline has shifted from full-on resenting her beauty to relying on it, in Rowan’s case! But she definitely still sees it as a burden as well, and doesn’t recognize her own self-worth (she and Cosette have more in common than they might think!)

It’s very sad to see her putting so much stock into that one aspect of herself. But I also think that learning Rowan doesn’t (yet?) have feelings for her might be both a blessing and a curse down the line... It might be upsetting but it also might open her eyes to the fact that there’s more to her than just her beauty (and maybe also make him even more attractive, because he’d be the first person, to her knowledge, who has seen that!). Which is something she needs to see, for many reasons :heart:
    Post edited by CitizenErased14 on
    snvAF3B.png
    AudreyFld wrote: »

Hmmm. I will take this into consideration before passing judgement. I get she’s not self absorbed in that she uses her “beauty” with the intention to attract the opposite sex or same for that matter, but she feels it regardless of the reason. Which is indeed sad. But I felt like she was using her looks as a reason that she would be able to keep Rowan. :(

I feel like it would be really bizarre if she didn't make those assumptions about Rowan, given her neurosis regarding physical beauty; taking it as fact that she is beautiful, and fact that being beautiful is how you attain love, ergo Rowan must love her because she is beautiful, and will stay with her because he loves her beauty...which is somehow equated with loving her, even though on some level she must resent that, even as she desperately relies on it. If she doesn't have that, she has nothing else, because nothing else of hers has been valued.
    So I would agree that her looks are why she thinks Rowan will stay, but I don't fault her for thinking it, she's been taught this is how it's supposed to work.
    I just want to hug her and tell her she's got so much more value :bawling:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg