Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What I think the sims 5 base game should contain.

Hopefully it's a long way off so that it will be enough of an upgrade because let's face it, it's always an initial downgrade due to all expansion material you'll have to miss. However, I feel like there is real art in deciding what to launch the game with when knowing you have to leave plenty out due to time constrains and budget.

So here's what I'd suggest for the sims 5 base game:

-Focus on daily life.
Nothing supernatural, no crazy jobs like secret agent, no objects like a rocket or something, just focus on the life simulation first. Family life. And focus on objects commonly found in households, and commonly used furniture styles.
Could be some things for the wealthy like hot tubs, pools, a huge television and a piano perhaps, but they could save the millionaire lifestyle stuff for expansions.

-Have many regular careers covered.
How they handle them is another topic, but I'd want many common careers covered, the special stuff should be for expansions. 12 career tracks would be enough for the base game, they could be:
-Doctor.
-Politics.
-Army.
-Law enforcement.
-Corporation.
-Science.
-Education.
-Construction.
-Law.
-Cullinairy.
-Journalism.
-Athlete. (could be a choice of three sports supported by objects in the base game: Basketball, Soccer and Football. More could be added later.)

-Have university in from the start.
I feel like they could do a lot more with this if it's in the game from the start, revamp the whole education system to improve it so that all expansions could later add to it. A sim's education could go from elementary, highschool, university.
The longer a sim goes to school, the more career tracks could be available to them. University would be optional. With a college degree they could start in all jobs and start some at a higher level, but university would allow sims to start any career higher up.
Initially there could be one university to study in, just a stereotypical university. But later expansions could add a magical university too, or a high tech one which could be required to learn things you can't learn at the regular university.

-Have cars, bikes and motorcycles from the start.
Sims 3 had it, seems a good thing to have in a base game, especially because how it interacts with the world. Need to be parking spots and all. And they could return cars with more interactivity like in sims 2. Be able to clean cars, get an alarm installed, teach teens to drive, etc. Several rusty old cars could be available really cheap which sims could fix up but can drive from the start. Initially it would not be that safe however, or they might not always start.

-Have both traits and sliders for creation.
All sims in sims 4 are pretty much the same. Three traits isn't much. I feel like a system of sliders and traits could complement each other well.
For example you can have a sexuality slider. A sim could be straight, gay and any shade of bisexual in between and this determines their interest in advances of other sims.
And on top of that there could be a trait that prevents a sim from having romantic interest in anyone, or makes them flirty.
Could also be a slider for how interested they are in technology. At zero they'd not use any electronic devices, at a bit higher they'd only use the minimum and prefer other forms of entertainment. In the middle they'd watch some tv. At the top you'd have sims addicted to social media, computers, etc. As it is all sims seem to be addicted to it.

Comments

• rhaliusrhalius Posts: 453 Member
    As I said, for the base game. The first expansion could start adding that back in. Just saying they should initially focus all resources on creating the best experience of daily life. They never put a worthwhile supernatural in a base game.
    I'd rather see them added later and done right with proper attention put into it. Lay a good foundation first.

• AmTk86AmTk86 Posts: 80 Member
    It seems like you’re catering to only family players and I really don’t think that’s fair. It’s the same trap that Ts4 fell into with its focus on young adult gameplay. Some people like supernatural, some people like rags to riches, others like the more outlandish stuff within the sims. They shouldn’t be forced to wait to enjoy the game. The base game should have a starting point for all styles of gameplay and then each type get expanded on with packs. Otherwise I like your ideas.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    AmTk86 wrote: »
    It seems like you’re catering to only family players and I really don’t think that’s fair. It’s the same trap that Ts4 fell into with its focus on young adult gameplay. Some people like supernatural, some people like rags to riches, others like the more outlandish stuff within the sims. They shouldn’t be forced to wait to enjoy the game. The base game should have a starting point for all styles of gameplay and then each type get expanded on with packs. Otherwise I like your ideas.

This is just the ops ideas for the base game. It makes since considering this is supposed to be a life simulation game.(Or at least it started out that way.) Start with the basics. People who like to play rags to riches style or just a young adult could still play that way with the ops ideas. Anything else a little more out of the ordinary would be in stuff packs, game packs, and expansion packs like they always have been. Not taken out entirely just not the main focus of the game.

@rhalius Love your ideas. I agree about the jobs. I wish we had some more normal everyday jobs for our sims to have.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    Well they can do some of the special things, but just not at the cost of laying a good foundation. I feel like they never think ahead enough to lay that proper foundation to build on.

Cars and education are such a big part of life that I feel it should be there from the start so they can work it into all expansions.

To compensate for the normality however, they could go full into the supernatural stuff with the first expansion, stuff pack and game pack.

Like combining vacation with tomb exploring, have three destinations there: Egypt which adds middle eastern style and where you can become a mummy when not careful in exploring the pyramids.
    India with indian clothes and where you might find a magic lamp with a genie.
    And a transylvanian mountain village with a Vampire couple in a castle you are told to stay clear of. Have a bit of a horror experience there.

And the gamepack could add a fourth vacation destination on a camping at a beach, with swimming and surfing to appease a more regular vacation, but could also include a sea monster supernatural state.

And the stuff pack could add some more old fashioned clothes that could be fitting for a vampire or genie to wear, but could still work for other sims.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    OP: I absolutely agree that if there's a TS5, I hope they take their time to make the base solid and fleshed out. I know that the business goal is to get people to pay for DLC (at least at the moment, who knows what the next model will be) but having a good base isn't going to deter all players from adding to it.

I do like this. I love the supernatural and I think the core of the game should have Ghosts but other than that the occults being DLC is fine.
    That said, part of the appeal of The Sims IS the quirky and strange. So I wouldn't keep out the unusual careers altogether. Have solid everyday ones, but ones like Secret Agent or Rocket Scientist or Criminal should still be part of base game, imo.

As for traits and making them more in-depth, I wonder if combining the traits as they are now (while having a stronger impact on a Sim's behavior) with the original TS1 sliders would make the Sims more defined personality-wise.
    Sliders as they were in TS1 for the basics: Neatness, Sociability, Activeness, Niceness, Playfulness could all have a scale of 0 to 10 (I know TS1 had a limit of points to be assigned but I know I never liked that restriction). Maybe a Techie vs Luddite slider, as you said, with the respective behaviors attached to them.
    In addition to that, there could still be a few slots (with those basics, 3 might even be enough) for specific traits. Things like Jealous, Creative, Cheerful, Romantic, Family-Oriented etc could all be there to flesh out a Sim's personality.
    I'd also like if they could be dynamic: say for Neatness, if you have your Sim clean up, make their bed, put away clothes etc, their slider would move towards Neat. If they leave dishes dirty and forget to do laundry, it would move down to Slob.

About careers/jobs: One thing I would love to see is jobs that aren't set up with a promotion track. There are definitely people in the world who aren't looking at their careers with the aim of progressing through to the top level. Teachers come to mind: people dedicated to education but no urge to progress to, say, a headmaster.
    It could be done as standalone jobs with no promotion, or having an option to choose a pay rise without a promotion if certain requirements are met. Or if the job performance is excellent, the Sim would get a pay rise but no promotion if they don't fill promotion requirements.
    An example of the teacher career that would start at the level of Teacher's Assistant: if a Sim goes to work Inspired (yeah, I like the emotions), does class prep or marking tests the evening before, their job performance rises. If it gets to Excellent, they get a pay rise. But to get a promotion from TA to Teacher, the Sim would need to study (at university, online, or home study) for a certain amount of time. The latter would be optional, so your Sim could stay at the TA level indefinitely but progress on the pay scale but lesser raises than if they get promoted. Or maybe instead of a regular pay rise, they'd get a bonus for an Excellent day.
    This could be done on every level of every career.

(sorry about the length)
    They really should revamp jobs and careers yes, focus less on promotion but still have it be possible. Make each career unique in how it functions, they should not all have 10 levels of advancement that are rather meaningless and only give a new outfit and sometimes an object.

Take the army for example. A sim in the army could normally have their training, but could be send on missions that would take them away from home for a period of time. How long would depend on how aging works, but certainly a few days. And there could be pop up choices for that sim to make. And these choices can lead to medals, promotion, desertion, dishonorable discharge, jailtime, making new friends with other soldiers but also death. A heroic death could make his tombstone on return a statue in his honor. But yes, joining the army should have the risk of death and there should be missions.

Politics should affect the town, there should be multible political parties and your sim can join one, advance in the ranks and be mayor. There's always a mayor, and the party the mayor belongs to could have a global effect.
    The party of the wealthy elite could reduce taxes paid for sims above a certain wealth, and also requires your sim to be rich to join and will be kicked from the party if they are too poor.
    The enviromental party could make vegetarian meals cheaper and otherwise benefit the enviroment, and requires your sim to live a certain way. Doing stuff against their policies could get them kicked out of the party.
    The family party could give benefits to sims with children, and could require your sim to have a child before they can join. Bad relations with more than one family member could get you kicked from the party.
    And lastly, the evil party would give great benefits to the criminal career and those involved make a lot more money when their party is in charge due to corruption.
    Could maybe also be a fifth party that's about partying, making that cheaper and kicking sims out that haven't thrown a party for a while.

But like with mayor, all jobs should have a limited amount of openings higher up. To get those jobs, they'd have to be better than the current sim holding that job. And replacing a sim in their job could result in the other sim getting demoted, being given another job offer or even getting fired.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    -Focus on daily life.
    Nothing supernatural, no crazy jobs like secret agent, no objects like a rocket or something, just focus on the life simulation first. Family life. And focus on objects commonly found in households, and commonly used furniture styles.
    I almost agree, but I'd have no problem with ghosts being included, and cemeteries, death is a part of life.
    Common furniture styles?
    Classic mid century?
    1950's vinyl and chrome dining chairs?
    Ikea basics?

Could be some things for the wealthy like hot tubs, pools, a huge television and a piano perhaps, but they could save the millionaire lifestyle stuff for expansions.
    Plus a few plush velvety furnishings.

Basketball, Soccer and Football
    Soccer is football...
    I'd rather see tennis, soccer and cricket as base game sports.

-Have university in from the start.
    I get why you're suggesting this, but it's not likely to be included in the base game.
    Personally, I've never found it made sense for there to be doctors, and other high levels of careers without tertiary education, so maybe a restructuring of careers might be needed.

Have cars, bikes and motorcycles from the start.
    This I agree with.
    I'd like all neighbourhoods to be open, and possibly even open worlds in the style that many other games use, where the next section of the map is loaded and ready to go as your character gets close to it.

I'm liking your idea of sliders and such for creating unique personalities.
    Additionally, there was a suggestion in another thread that could be expanded on to create more unique sims.
    Like how we can choose a walking style, why not also be able to choose styles for other activities?
    Choose an eating style (european or us dining style?)
    A greeting style
    A flirting style
    A sitting style (for couches)
    A lounging style (for couches, and for relaxing on a bed)
    A shower style
    A morning routine (shaving, makeup, moisturising, hair styling, etc)

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    edited September 2019
    The Ssims 5 base game should contain:

Toddlers

Multi-purpose community lots(like the ones in Sims 1)-no more pointless lot requirements! Also,I want bustling,lively lots like the ones Sims 1 always had.I'm sick and tired of boring lots that are practically void of life-the only lots that are bustling are the ones that have bars in them

Ghosts and cemetaries

Pools and pool activies

Vehicles(trainscars,bikes,etc)

Different kinds of venues(movie theaters,libraries,game arcades,tourist attractions,etc)

Babies that are NOT useless objects. Players should be able to see Sim babies crawling around on the floor,being put into a high chair,playing with baby toys,etc.

A home-schooling option for those who don't want to deal with sendng their Sim kids/Sim teens to a public school

Proper teen heights. Teens should NOT be the exact same size as adults!

More attention paid to teens,kids and elders. In Sims 4,teens and elders don't really have any activities that cater to their age group

Speaking of age groups,Sims 5 should have clothing options that are available to every age gorup. Teens shold only wear teen-type clothing,elders should only wear elder-type clothing,etc.

Options to turn off aging,story progression,etc. THose who like story progression can leave the checkbox marked,while those who don't want story progression can mark th checkbox to turn the progression off

Create-a-World. I loved it in Sims 2,and I really think it needs to be brought back! I'd lov to be able to crate and customize my own worlds again.And no more annoying and pointless deco buildings! Let us crate blank worlds from scratch,just like Sim 2 did.

Color wheel:.. I'm really enjoying the color wheel for Sims 4 Cats and Dogs. This should be brought back for CAS and build/buy mode.

REAL wild animasl(not people dressed up in silly animal costumes)

A customizable horoscope system: You can have calm Leos, strict/serious Tauruses, party animal Capricorns,etc

Apartments and festivals(if festivals are implemented) that I can customize and put ANYWHERE in any Sims worlds. Having these things restricted to San Myshuno was a STUPID decision.

Seasons

Traits that actaully WORK. No more of this annoying "Sims are always happy" nonsense! I want evil Sims to actaully be evil..I want enemies to stay enemies for life...I want strict and seriou Sims who refuse to be pratical jokers or "Troll Teh Forums"

Newspapers and land lines No more of this stupid "Everyone has to have a cell phone" stuff,please. I only want my rich sims to own a cell phone

We should have worlds filled with the Sims WE create, NOT the ugly NPCS that EA creates. And no more endless spawning of random and ugly EA-created NPCs/townies!

A variety of musical instruments(trumpets,marimbas,drums,pianos,different types of elecric guitars,etc)

No more having 4-5 lots per world! Let us have at least 11-15 lots per world.

Sensible base game careers(doctor,grocer,postal worker,banker,police officer,etc).

Burglars and fire fighters.

Community buildings like police stations,hospitals,posts offices,banks,grocery stores,etc.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I like vampire but I agree that they should focus on life simulation first
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    They really should revamp jobs and careers yes, focus less on promotion but still have it be possible. Make each career unique in how it functions, they should not all have 10 levels of advancement that are rather meaningless and only give a new outfit and sometimes an object.

Take the army for example. A sim in the army could normally have their training, but could be send on missions that would take them away from home for a period of time. How long would depend on how aging works, but certainly a few days. And there could be pop up choices for that sim to make. And these choices can lead to medals, promotion, desertion, dishonorable discharge, jailtime, making new friends with other soldiers but also death. A heroic death could make his tombstone on return a statue in his honor. But yes, joining the army should have the risk of death and there should be missions.

Politics should affect the town, there should be multible political parties and your sim can join one, advance in the ranks and be mayor. There's always a mayor, and the party the mayor belongs to could have a global effect.
    The party of the wealthy elite could reduce taxes paid for sims above a certain wealth, and also requires your sim to be rich to join and will be kicked from the party if they are too poor.
    The enviromental party could make vegetarian meals cheaper and otherwise benefit the enviroment, and requires your sim to live a certain way. Doing stuff against their policies could get them kicked out of the party.
    The family party could give benefits to sims with children, and could require your sim to have a child before they can join. Bad relations with more than one family member could get you kicked from the party.
    And lastly, the evil party would give great benefits to the criminal career and those involved make a lot more money when their party is in charge due to corruption.
    Could maybe also be a fifth party that's about partying, making that cheaper and kicking sims out that haven't thrown a party for a while.

But like with mayor, all jobs should have a limited amount of openings higher up. To get those jobs, they'd have to be better than the current sim holding that job. And replacing a sim in their job could result in the other sim getting demoted, being given another job offer or even getting fired.

I would much rather create my own political parties like we can make clubs in S4. I certainly don't want the game to dictate specifics or force silliness or corruption on me, when I could have it vague or custom.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    I don't understand why people complain about weird stuff in the Sims. It was never, at any point, meant to be hyper-realistic. The Sims 1 had Grim, ghosts, kooky jobs, magic, and a variety of other stuff that isn't "realistic". You could die by flies in TS2. One of the HUGEST bits of lore in the Sims world involves Bella Goth and aliens. The Sims always had an element of weird surrealism to it. No, I don't think anyone should be forced to play something they don't feel like playing nor should they be made to feel bad for not liking something, but these "ONLY realistic game play ALL the time, get weird stuff out of my game" people need to realize that The Sims always had weird stuff in it and that weird stuff is a large part of the reason people fell in love with the game. Don't get me wrong, I like realistic play too and I haven't even gotten around to playing a vampire yet despite having the pack a few months. I'm also excited about the University possibility.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
    As I said, just leave it out of the base game. Sims 1 didn't really have any supernatural stuff from the start.

Sims 2 had aliens, but it was terribly done. Where just green sims, nothing more. But still, sims 2 did offer a full base game experience and is probably one of the most improvements any videogame sequel ever had.

Sims 3 had a pretty lousy basegame too, and sims 4 has without a doubt been the worst base game in the series so I seriously hope they will learn their lesson and will lay a solid foundation for sims 5 that does not feel too empty.

• BlueGentryBlueGentry Posts: 13 New Member
    Haunted Houses with 4 levels of human and ghost interaction: Neither group can interact with each other, ghosts can interact but humans cannot, humans can interact but ghosts cannot, and both groups aware of each other.

Playable pets, especially if Sims can be turned into animals. Having an option to be cured, live as a stray, or join a household but still be playable.

Escape Rooms with puzzles, challenges, hidden rooms, and fake exits.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    edited September 2019
    I had forgotten to mention:

Sims should only take 4-7 seconds to eat,just like they did in Sims 1. No more taking 30-50 minutes to eat.

Sims should stay in the same place you left them in when you saved and closed the game(just like in Sims 1). I'm sick of having to go fetch Sims that are late to work ust because they felt like going from Brindleton Bay all the way to Oasis Springs. Don't do this kind of thing anymore,EA-it was a STUPID idea that never should of been implemented in the first place! Go back to having Sims stay in their houses where I leave them.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    its simple

1 washers and dryers (topload and front load)

2 pets

3 cars

4 vacations and seasons

5 cooktops and built in ovens

6- toggles to turn off features players would not use like aging fully off no ocult lifestate if players do not went them in other word options so each players can customise there game to there playstyle
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    I want to see the base game of Sims 5 pack in as many features, including traditional expansion features, as possible.

There are two levels to this:

1) I'm assuming a lot of Sims fans are probably getting sick of buying more or less the same things every time, not just for the money they put into it, but for how long they might have to wait for their favorite features to return. The Sims 4 launch controversy was related to this. Sims 5 would probably be hit even harder if that happened again. The Sims 4 still feels modern enough to not feel the need to upgrade if that means starting completely over.

2) There are still a million other things the Sims could do, both in focusing on any particular aspect of real life, or just plain making something up by drawing from fiction. In fact, you might even be able to get a lot more excitement out of expansions that provide something we've never seen before, than fans just desperate to get what they used to have back.

Of course, doing all those features at once would be quite the daunting development task, but they have all of the previous games to reference.
  • SimulationnameSimulationname Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi all! I beg my biggest pardon before hand for any misspelled words, I just don't got the time to spellcheck (cause i am lazzzy)

Seems like almost all of you are focusing on Things all ready in previous games, not new functions that the fifth one could bring to the table.
    This makes me very sad and i guess this is why the 4th one was a step back, or because it was originally supposed to be a mobile installment, but they thought "hey let's try and see if we can fool the consumers),, Cause honestly, look at the map, i mean OH my GOOOD!!!

To give a good example to why it was a step back, just compare the town view of the sims 4 and the one on the first installment.
    I mean come on, just look at them and compare it is ridiculous that they got away with this..
    All though reading your comments and on other forums I'm not surprised...

But enough of me shitthrowing both people I don't know and EA.

Here are my top things for the fifth installment. I will put (of course) in the ones that should be obvious..
    (of course) is because a simulation game should include the basic elements, like Seasons for example.

Age up: Should not be done in one big POOFF, they should grow gradually just like irl. ("oh no your sim got his first grey hair, etc." ) *

Seasons: from start (of course), this is sort of a given for me, cause it's a simulation game.

The sun/shadows: should move just like any other popular game, not freaking lag/hack move..

Open world (of course) - Meaning that they should go back to how the sims 3 was, but make it a lot better and of Course bigger maps.

* Age up plants etc. This is maybe an advanced thing for many. But I would like to even see plants grow the same as the sims.
    Meaning that you could either buy a big full "tree" for example, for a lot of money. Or buy a seed and it grows to be a big tree.
    Oh and also other types of plants die after a while.

Houses should age: Meaning that you would have to repaint the house.

More immersive gameplay: For me this is for example when you repaint the house, the sim(s) actually repaint the house, (which can take days/weeks) Or they hire someone to do it. This could potentially open up for even more immersive things, like planting trees, getting boxes etc.

All though I get not a lot of people would want this, but I feel that the game would become much more "alive", if for example: a sofa was ordered on the internet or in a store, and it came with a truck, and the sim would have to get it inside the house.. Imagine that for a second, cause it could be awesome ^^

Hmm what more should the fifth installment do, I mean it is the 20th aniversery, so why not go all out and BIG?
    Let's say multiplayer? At least the option, maybe not all of you know but there is a pretty good mod in the works for the 4th one.
    But maybe this could be an expansion at least?

Much better control of time: The player should be like a GOD, stop restricting the speeds just because a freaking pet is awake or even another sim.. LET US HAVE CONTROL!!! for crying out loud!

The sim(s) should have even more mobility, like running over the sofa, or jumping over it, etc. This is something way advanced (i know), but still would make the game even more alive. For example a "sporty" sim would jump over the sofa with ease, but a "fat/lazy" one would fall when doing it.

Okey I should litteraly stop now, cause this is my first post and I don't want to get "hanged" for "spaming".

And also of course i was not 100% serious that all your ideas was "awfull", most of them I like too, but I feel "we" should focus on the NEW things that should be implemented in the FIFTH one, at least that's my point of view.

Now come and 🐸🐸🐸🐸/throw up on my ideas, I welcome it all!
    Peace out!
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    The thing I would most like to see implemented in sims 5 is a powerful customisation system like mccc. So many of the arguements on the forums are between the people who dont want anything in the world to do anything without their sayso and those who want events and story progression and turn ons/ offs etc.

For the game to work for both fan bases we need more on off options. Then more things like attraction systems could be added without destroying the usefulness of the game for sandbox players for whom.an attraction system would mess everything up.
    I feel like sims should be able to get a rather longer list of dislikes. And it should be one for stuff in other people, and one for objects.

There could be 20 types of objects your sim dislikes, you could click on it and add/remove it to dislikes.
    So you can finally get them away from the computer. I constantly have to keep kicking other sims off that computer to get the one sim behind it that needs to use it to write or such.
    If a sim dislikes computers, they won't use it.
    If they dislike a radio or television, they could even dislike it being turned on because that makes noise, but any object that won't affect them when used they should be alright with other sims using it.

And for sims you could have a list of 20 things too that they dislike. No need for a like list since sims seem to like everything by default.
    Could be haircolors, specific traits outside of good vs evil, eyecolors, body shape, tattoos, piercings, make up, facial hair, a specific hairstyle, etc.
    Also clothing styles.

And yes, I want them to categorise clothing styles properly and have sims respond to it. An outfit could belong to more than one category however.

For example, you have a formal dress. That it's used as formal wear should not affect how other sims see it, that's just how your sim uses it.
    It could fit in the following categories: Style, cost and modesty.
    Style is for example victorian, cost is expensive and it's conservative.
    Snobs could appreciate it for the wealth, prudish sims would appreciate the modesty and those who like the Victorian style could approve too.
    But if a sim dislikes one of these three aspects, they'd dislike the outfit. For example if you selected for them to dislike conservative outfits.

While styles could come in many sorts so I can't really list that, but the other two categories could go:
    -Rags, cheap, average, fancy, expensive.
    -Nude, Barely covering, sexy, common, modest, conservative.

That nude is just there for streaking. Sims who might morally object to revealing clothes might react the same to barely covered sims as to nudists.

How sims react to clothes would be determined by their traits and you could add to that to the list of dislikes to fully flesh out your sim.

And you could also use this when buying or changing clothing to filter out all clothing your sim dislikes. They'd get negative moodlets when wearing it.

Also could play into new traits.

For example a sim could have the exhibitionist trait, making them prefer revealing clothes and dislike modest and conservative clothes. They also don't mind picking up their news paper in their underwear (which should be seperate from nightwear again.) or generally walking around in underwear or swim clothing. A regular sim could put clothes on when going outside.

And a prudish trait could do the opposite. These sims put on their clothes before exiting the bedroom and would get an embarassed moodlet if someone sees them in their underwear. They'd find it shocking to see someone else in their underwear too. They'd also get embarassed if made to wear sexy clothes.

A snob on the other hand could simply roll their eyes at people walking around in underwear. They don't find it proper but it's shocking to them. However they may have no objections to a sim walking around in a barely covering outfit if it's expensive unless you select that as a dislike for them or give them also the prudish trait.

Could also be a fashion concious trait which could make a sim act very strongly to any clothing they dislike but also very happy about the stuff they like. They could automatically compliment sims that wear outfits they love, and might feint or get angry at sims who wears an outfit of which they dislike the style, cost and modesty level.
    But their reaction could relate to their other traits like hot headed or shy. More interplay between traits is needed either way.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited September 2019
    The base game should totally focus on daily life; I'm with the OP here.

What it should contain imho:

- Life stages: baby, toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder

- CAS: The ability to create all life stages in CAS, clothing especially for teens and elders (and only available to them!), the possibility to give teens, young adults, adults and elders some skill points and more simoleons to start with, color wheel, different clothing styles (poor, middle class, high society)

- Traits: ambitious, angler, artistic, athletic, bookworm, bro, charismatic, childish, clumsy, commitment issues, couch potato, dance machine, dislikes children, eco-friendly, evil, geek, family-oriented, flirty, friendly, frugal, genius, good, great kisser, green thumb, handy, hates the outdoors, heavy sleeper, hopeless romantic, hot-headed, irrestistable, jealous, kleptomaniac, light sleeper, loner, loves the outdoors, lucky, mooch, natural cook, neat, night owl, over emotional, party animal, perfectionist, rebellious, snob, unflirty, unlucky, vegetarian, virtuoso
    Toddlers get one trait, children two, teens three, young adults four (in-game: up to six, acquired through bonus traits), adults four (in-game: up to eight, acquired through bonus traits) and elders five (in-game: up to nine, acquired through bonus traits).

- Bonus traits: Special occasions in your life give you the possibilty to give your Sim a bonus trait (e.g. getting married; having a first child; reaching the top of your career; retirement).

- Likes and dislikes: Choose your Sims' favorite color, dish, music, turn ons and turn offs.

- Lot traits: great acoustics, fast internet, convival, natural light, bracing breezes, teen neighborhood, chef's kitchen, mean vibe, home studio, sunny aspect, penny pixies, party place, filthy, romantic aura, great soil, on the ley-line, cheap, pricey, peace and quiet

- Skills: Charisma, Cooking, Dancing, Fitness, Gardening, Guitar, Handiness, Fishing, Painting, Wood working

- Careers: Athlete, Babysitter (part-time), Barista (part-time), Conservationist (part-time), Criminal, Culinary, Fishermen (part-time), Gardener (semi-open career), Manual Labor, Military, Social Media (stay at home career) / all part time jobs (plus social media) are also available for teenagers.

- Housing: Sims can live in apartments or houses.

- Jobs: Your Sims can use their smartphones to find jobs but, however, there are some (low) requirements for jobs; e.g. athlete: 2 skill points in fitness and 1 skill point in charisma; culinary; 2 skill points in cooking and 1 skill point in charisma. You have to apply for jobs (your Sim goes into a rabbit hole, this takes about an in-game hour and your Sims comes out of it; two days later they will get a notification if they got the job or not). This will also be influenced by your Sims' mood.

- NPCs: Babysitter, maid, firefighter, landlord, police and burglar.
    Post edited by Erja888 on
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
    I think they should replace the criminal career with allowing criminal activities at other jobs.
    And your sim would have to watch out about getting caught which could cost them their job, put them in jail, force them to repay the stolen money, etc.

What criminal activities they could do would depend on the job.

Politics especially could let them be filthy rich and utterly corrupt if not caught. And in the sims world it should have more risk than in real life.
    But most jobs could allow your sim to embezzle money in various ways.
    But if they take money meant for the quality of the products they make, it could result in angry customers when they find out.
    And in the laboratory career a sim could turn other sims into test subjects.
    A police officer could also accept bribes when offered to let a criminal get away.

In addition to this, sims could also commit various crimes when controlled by you such as burglary. And all have a risk of being caught. Sims who see it might call the police and off duty cops would respond too.

• they did a good job with emotions in sims 4. but emotions dont replace a personality and soul. i love sims 4. but i want sims in sims 5 to take on a whole new life of their own. i want the sims to "breathe". i want a super convincing AI and personality. along with traits that impact my sims actions and daily life on a level that we havent seen before in the sims.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    As I said, for the base game. The first expansion could start adding that back in. Just saying they should initially focus all resources on creating the best experience of daily life. They never put a worthwhile supernatural in a base game.
    I'd rather see them added later and done right with proper attention put into it. Lay a good foundation first.

Yes, but no Supernatural, even in just the base game, would mean no cowplants. No Ghosts. No Grim Reaper. No flying in the air when you get electrocuted! I love all these in The Sims 4 and do not want to pay extra for them in The Sims 5.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Well they can put in something more out there, but it shouldn't draw away resources from laying that good foundation for the entire series.

The wishing well is a good example of something like that. Grim Reaper could still appear, he always does. Only in sims 1 did he initially not appear. But I'd want the Grim Reaper to be more menacing again. He got too goofy and modern.
    Could be a bit of humor to him, but let death be a bit scary again, I want it to be dramatic when he appears.

I want to see the dead sim lying on the ground and a loved one being able to beg for their life. Which could require perfect relations with the deceased to have like an 70% chance of succes and less when the relationship isn't as good.
    When brought back to life the resurrected sim could also obtain one of the following traits:
    -Fear of death. This sim reacts strongly to anything to do with death, might give themselves a heart attack even.
    -Fearless. This sim is over confident due to surviving death so is prone to taking dangerous risks that might kill them.
    In addition to this, there could also be the possibility that the deceased only gets one day. They could spend it with their loved ones and doing what they like, get some affairs in order. Which could be really bittersweet.

And later in an expansion they can always expand on grim reaper interactions by also letting sims try to intimidate, charm or try to persuade the reaper in other ways than begging. And these could have different results on faillure. Like the sim returning as a zombie or ghost.