Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adding 'titles' to Sim names

aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Was just thinking (painful, I know...) about naming sims, and sometimes for the sake of immersion, I set them up as titled (nobility) individuals, thereby setting up a dynasty for royalty. For instance, one of my latest sims was 'Lord Simon Thorne', who's sister was 'Lady Samantha Thorne'.

I know you can add the title to the first name, but it gets tedious reading the full name on each notification and notice that pops up.

What about an additional field when naming sims, for a title? That way, it could only be used on certain occasions (not thought this through yet...) - ideas, anyone?
cat01.gif
My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
#keepitfree

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    That would be interesting (and it'd open the possibility of a similar field for middle names).

The question is only, what occasions the game would use the full name and when it would only use the first (or first and last). That's where it might get complicated.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,661 Member
    I would be all for !!!

I use the first name field but title+name easily get too long. So "Baron Charlopold" is simply "B.Charlopold". For maiden name I just add first letter after the first name. Full name is never a possibility, so a field for this would be great, too!

In my settings "Lady Cassandra Beatrix (von Kapperzoon) de Rummeldwarf" would typically be something like "L.Cassandra B. vK" + "de Rummeldwarf"

Also would be great if we could somehow brand a sim as the main heir. Not necessarily in text, there could simply be a color code or a small dot next to name, etc.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GorandGorand Posts: 51 Member
    Could also (if left blank) be used to autofill Job Titles like Doctor, Professor, Detective etc.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    That would be a good idea. I also name some Sims "Dr." as part of their first name, but the Sims can't have long names when I do so. Additionally an extra field for middle names would be fantastic for my "royal" family. IRL they have three to six first names and mine can't even have two. :(
    I would have loved to call the new heir "Franz-Ferdinand von Rosenfeld" however, I had to leave "Franz" (his uncles name) out.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • beigewyngbeigewyng Posts: 18 Member
    > @aldavor said:
    > Was just thinking (painful, I know...) about naming sims, and sometimes for the sake of immersion, I set them up as titled (nobility) individuals, thereby setting up a dynasty for royalty. For instance, one of my latest sims was 'Lord Simon Thorne', who's sister was 'Lady Samantha Thorne'.
    >
    > I know you can add the title to the first name, but it gets tedious reading the full name on each notification and notice that pops up.
    >
    > What about an additional field when naming sims, for a title? That way, it could only be used on certain occasions (not thought this through yet...) - ideas, anyone?

Yes, this would be a good idea. Especially if you have the University Expansion. Then, when your sim earns a degree, they could get the title "Dr." or "Professor"
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    This is an idea I have had and wanted for sometime.

I want titles that relate to not just jobs but also hereditary titles as well.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Tag006Tag006 Posts: 7 New Member
    I like this concept
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Definitely want titles! Also middle names. I so needed them when I played my roman sims.

Ideally each sim could have a full social media profile (already in the game, so why not make it real?) that other sims could research after having met the profile's owner once.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Would be really useful, even in a modern setting. I could call someone Miss, Mister, or whatever I wanted
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    That would be lovely. I would love to have the option to have my Queens, Princess's, Prince's sims to have a Total title to their name.
    Also, to have the option to drop the last name.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    They kind of had this in The Sims Medieval?

Seems kind of strange to add in a game that is mostly set in modern times, but sure, it can be an optional thing. I'd much rather have middle names, though.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited March 2020
    A good list to start would be

Career
    1. some Police Ranks - Captain, Sergeant, Officer, Commissioner, etc.
    2. Military Ranks - Private, Corporal, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Colonel, General
    3. Detective
    4. Esq. for Attorneys, The Honorable for Judges
    5. Doctor for Medical doctors, Veterinarians, Dentists, Psychiatrists
    6. Political - Mayor, etc.
    7. Firefighting rankings should be similar to military and police
    8. Doctor or PHD for Archeologist and Education at its top level
    If we get Martial Arts once you achieve the top rank

1. Master

I think if a Sim makes it to top of the Vampire powers of learns all the Spells and ranks for Witches they should get a title you can choose.

1. the Terrible
    2. the Magnificent
    3. the Great and Powerful
    4. Master

Hereditary titles - I really like this for the Vamps

1. Duke, Duchess
    2. Count, Countess
    3. Lord, Lady

Honorary Titles - Sort of the OBE titles in Great Britain

1. Sir
    2. Dame

Achievement Based