Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lack of detail in Island Living shower!

Island Living offers one new shower wich is suppose to be an outdoor shower! Like in both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 I was expected a sim to take a shower in swiming outfit but nope... they take their shower totally naked like they did in "normal" showers. One more disappointment to add to big list of Island Living flaws. But I think you can adress this please!

The Sims 3
Thumbnail_195x195.png

The Sims 4
sQEgdPT.png

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Maybe add a second version because I love this as an indoor shower. Especially in my spa.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Maybe add a second version because I love this as an indoor shower. Especially in my spa.

I also like this as an indoor shower. c:
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member

I get that but its weird when they named this as an outdoor shower!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited September 2019
    I used cc outdoor shower before island living that had the option to shower with bathing outfit.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    izecson wrote: »
    I used cc outdoor shower before island living that had the option to shower with bathing outfit.

What can we do rather than complain? CC creators always a big step ahead of The Sims 4 official releases...
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I thought it was just meant to be a normal shower. Is it labelled as an outdoor shower? It doesn’t look so much like that TS3 outdoor shower except they’re both wooden.
    edited September 2019
    I thought it was just meant to be a normal shower. Is it labelled as an outdoor shower? It doesn’t look so much like that TS3 outdoor shower except they’re both wooden.

Yes it is. The name of the object is "In or Out? - Outdoor Shower"

Description start: "Rinse off under the sun in this special yet discreet open air shower..."

It has even Off-the-grid functionality
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Hmm, I'll admit I don't have a problem with this.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Until now I had no idea that the outdoor shower does not have an option to shower in bathing outfit, maybe thats why they put it inside a secondary bathroom in Makoa's house.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Renato10 wrote: »

I get that but its weird when they named this as an outdoor shower!

O: Seriously? I didn’t pay attention to the name.

Well, I guess islander Sims have less of a problem with public nudity than most. XD
    edited September 2019
    Hmm, I'll admit I don't have a problem with this.

Its not a big problem, but for me is just another thing that was rushed without much effort and The Sims 4 is full of that!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Island Living offers one new shower wich is suppose to be an outdoor shower! Like in both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 I was expected a sim to take a shower in swiming outfit but nope... they take their shower totally naked like they did in "normal" showers. One more disappointment to add to big list of Island Living flaws. But I think you can adress this please!

The Sims 3
    Thumbnail_195x195.png

The Sims 4
    sQEgdPT.png

The Sims 3
    Thumbnail_195x195.png

The Sims 4
    sQEgdPT.png

I don't think they ever advertised this shower as being an outdoor shower. It's just off the grid somehow.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I don't think they ever advertised this shower as being an outdoor shower. It's just off the grid somehow.

Well. This is the description:
    sims%204%20shower%20off%20grid.PNG

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019

Yes it is. The name of the object is "In or Out? - Outdoor Shower"

Description start: "Rinse off under the sun in this special yet discreet open air shower..."

It has even Off-the-grid functionality
    Thanks, I didn’t know what it was called. Surely though, the name ‘In or Out?’ implies that it can be used as either an inside or an outside shower.

Now if someone wanted to use it as an inside shower, they would not want their sims to be wearing swimming costumes while showering in it. Since the devs knew most people were going to end up using it as an indoor shower (and this expectation has been born out by the fact that most people apparently use it as an indoor shower and by the fact that it didn’t occur to a lot of us that it would be for outdoor use), that’s probably why they settled on no swimming costume.

I’m sure people would have complained if sims used it while in their swimming costume because that would greatly circumscribe its functionality. Not only would its use be limited to one world but also to a purpose within that world which most people would likely not often emploit.

Having said that, it would have been nice if we could click on it and choose whether we wanted it to be an indoor or outdoor shower. If outdoor was selected, sims would wear swimming costumes while using it. If indoor was selected, sims would shower naked.
    Having said that, it would have been nice if we could click on it and choose whether we wanted it to be an indoor or outdoor shower. If outdoor was selected, sims would wear swimming costumes while using it. If indoor was selected, sims would shower naked.

Yes! I don't want to be one option only. If they tought of an outdoor shower to be used in both ways I think they should have been made both options available. I don't think Im asking too much!

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member

Yes! I don't want to be one option only. If they tought of an outdoor shower to be used in both ways I think they should have been made both options available. I don't think Im asking too much!

Not at all. Options are good. 🙂
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

Not at all. Options are good. 🙂

Exactly. It didn't have to be one or the other. The name of the shower indicates that it could have and should have been both.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Maybe they could add programming where showers in a public non-enclosed space offer the option to shower while wearing swimwear.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Maybe they could add programming where showers in a public non-enclosed space offer the option to shower while wearing swimwear.

Sounds great!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    While we’re all here, did you know Sims shower in the rain naked too? Now that caught me off guard.