Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what is this nonsense???

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    Been laughing about this one all morning “why would my Young adult Luna Villareal be attracted to a hideous elder with tiny shoulders” because it is so unbelievably true 😂😂😂

A gang of 8 oblong elder pears stormed my restaurant yesterday, each sporting the same comedically humorous beard paired with a frumpy mumu over slacks. I, of course, immediately sold the restaurant.

lol did they at least buy some meals?? XD or were they just harrassing your sim in the hopes of spamming the phonecalls for festivals and other nonsense afterwards while only grabbing a glass of water in the bathroom??

a gang of pear elders with the pointy goatie beard and the big curly moustache...yeah sounds very familiar XD sounds like the type of trash usually harrassing my girl Luna...
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    They stormed the podium, encircling the hostess like some kind of cult ritual. I didn’t continue owning the place long enough to see if they wanted any food.
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    They stormed the podium, encircling the hostess like some kind of cult ritual. I didn’t continue owning the place long enough to see if they wanted any food.

lol XD typical… even as so called customers they are useless :pensive:

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    I have MCCC set so that it pulls the townies from my library. The only problem I ever had with it was it pulled exact duplicate sims on occasion, but I figured out the settings to correct that and now it works fine. So now I curate a good variety of sims of all different shapes, sizes, ethnicities, etc in my library and with in a sim day or two in a new save they start showing up.
    Oooh which settings do that?

@Aine

MCCC > MC Population > Populating Settings > Import Tray Settings

MCCC > MC Population > Populating Settings > Import Tray Settings > Import Bypass Appearance

If enabled, when a Sim is imported from the tray to replace a randomly generated Sim, it will automatically flag that Sim with the 'Flag Freeze Physique' and 'Flag Freeze Appearance'.

MCCC > MC Population > Populating Settings > Import Tray Settings > Import Sim Name

Import Sims differently if a Sim in the world already has the name of the Sim from the import tray:
    Skip Sim if Name Exists - This is the default implementation and the way importing Sims has worked up to this release. If a Sim already exists in the world with the same name as the Sim being checked for import from the tray, then that Sim is not imported. This is the only setting that will prevent the same version of a Sim from existing in the world, which is why it was the implemented process I always followed before.
    Always Use Import Name - Regardless of whether a Sim already exists or not in the world with the same name, the Sim is imported from the tray replacing the random Sim's name with the import Sim's name. This can result in the same Sim being imported multiple times in the world with the same name.
    Use Non-Duplicate Name - If the Sim already exists in the world with the same name, the imported name is not used. The Sim is still imported, they are just left with the randomly generated Sim's name rather than the name from the import tray Sim. Can also result in the same Sim being imported multiple times in the world, but they will have different names with this setting.
    Never Use Import Name - Regardless of whether a Sim already exists or not in the world with the same name, the Sim is imported from the tray using the random Sim's name. This can result in the same Sim being imported multiple times in the world but they will have different names. The only difference between this setting and 'Use Non-Duplicate Name' is that the first time a Sim is imported, their name will be placed on the target Sim with 'Use Non-Duplicate Name'. With 'Never Use Import Name', the Sims will always use the randomly generated Sim name.

• Options
    Dove_CGDove_CG Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm sure I've seen that gentleman before but my generated Sims tend to have more variety than that; I've never seen a whole herd of the same Sim before! I also don't have all of the packs (I'm waiting for Black Friday before getting anything released this year) and now I'm a little worried that one of them has messed up the randomization process. o_o

I did see a child living on her own... she was evidently randomized for the scouts, even though the save was fresh and my fam didn't have any kids yet. Clearly the scouts like roaming around an empty Newcrest. Anyway, I promptly shoved her into a house with two adults, randomized a son for them genetically, made the kids brothers, and then realized he was a boy when both relationships were brother... it's okay though, boys can have long pink hair! (I should've renamed him Astolfo. I absolutely kept the hair, although I briefly considered changing the color. 😂) He doesn't even look adopted which I didn't really notice until I created the other kid. Not that it matters; the roommates will love him anyway.

Which reminds me, I think the main way I've avoided the issue is by adding more Sims to my towns via my library. Many of my older saves don't have a single empty lot; they're full of premade, several of which were families/roommates (or have pets, some that have bred randomly, to my delight or horror in some cases... one game had several French Bulldog mixes.) Those saves have fewer randos in them, especially since I'd wait until a single rando (or now, one of the famous peeps) bought an expensive house, then shove a bunch of extra gallery Sims in so they have a nice place without having to pay for it lol. Maybe the answer is to just shove as many of your own Sims in as possible or just lower the number of Sims that the game allows! (Mine is on the max recommended 200 but it's easy to hit the lower limits if you put a few Sims in every house and especially easy if they have pets.) I know you said there were premade sims in your games, DanmanNefarius, but maybe you just have to flood the world with them!

And get MCCC, which I do use, but I accidentally deleted my settings a while back and keep forgetting to redo them, so I also appreciate the info from Pamtastic72! That also might've helped in the past, although I've gotta say, I tend to find my randoms deeply amusing because I have a lot of CAS CC (much of which is now unavailable for random because of how weird it got with hats... and hats that weren't actually hats. And because most Simmers disallow for random since CC gets a huge priority when randomizing but I have used Sims 4 Studio to flag some things into circulation, most notably kids and toddlers who have fewer official options.)
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @Pamtastic72 Thank you! Very useful.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---