Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New idea for Scandinavian farm pack

M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Introduction:
Welcome to the sweet country life in the Scandinavian! Move you family into a modern farm with simplistic furnitures and make a big fortune by having a lot of animals and crops and producing weed, nectar, milk, wool, meet and eggs. Or if you prefer the simple life, start a traditional farm with a few chickens and perhaps a horse and dress up with a flower crown.

Do many activities like sewing, knitting and nectar brewing. When you are hungry, enjoy eat out meal, meat balls and layer cake.

While the adults are working, let the children play with wooden toys or jumping the rope. Or perhaps they will make a perform a viking play for the grandparents.

When done working and playing, let the whole family dress up in traditional Scandinavian clothing and enjoy the folk dance.

Or just go for a walk or take the bike and enjoy the northern lights, high mountains and green fields with the solar and wind power systems in the distance.

The scandinavian countries are known for the happy populations. The reason for this is not the rainy weather, but our welfare systems: Sometimes you can’t find a job cause everything is taken. Or you are too old or sick to work. Or perhaps you are just studying, your parents are poor and you do not have time for a job. But don’t worry - the society’s got your back! Everybody will get a decent amount of money and pay a bit of taxes - and everyone, young and old - will get a basic income in return if needed.

Themes in build/buy/create a sim:

All items in build, buy and create a sim has two different aesthetic themes: A modern theme and a traditional theme (perhaps based on the scandinavian / north european 1950s).

Small activities:
Sewing machine
Knitting
A few new recipes or updates of old recipes

Medium activities:
Butter and cheese making
Flour making
Nectar brewing
Chickens and eggs

Big activities:
Cows
Sheep

Create a sim:
Clothes and hairstyles
Horses
New farmer aspiration
New farmer trait (makes you gain farming related skills faster)

Skills
Wool making, sewing and knitting
Butter and cheese making
Weed and flour making
Nectar making

One big world

2 smaller lots (for traditional off the grid farms) - for small and medium activities:
These lots have an edible part where you can build a house and place a chicken house and a few animals and hand run machines for making butter, cheese, flour.
The none-interacting surroundings of these lots are more traditional with nature, old farmhouses and mills.

2 bigger lots (for modern farms) - for big small, medium and big activities:
These lots are bigger and on the edible part you can make a modern farm/ranch.
These livable lots have access to non-edible lots where you can access your many sheep, cows or horses.

1 community lot:
The aesthetics of the lot is based on the traditional and modern style mixed together
Farmers marked: Her you can sell and buy

Every livable lots have an edible part where you can build a house and place a chicken house or a few animals.

Scandinavian culture:

Food:
Oat meal
Layer cake with cream and strawberries on top
Meatballs with potatoes and brown sauce

Activities:
Folk dance (people dancing in groups with tradional clothing)
Midt summer festival (traditional clothing, flower decour, flower crowns, big bon fire)
Biking

Children plays:
Playing with LEGO (scandinavian brand)
Wooden toys
Jumping rope

Architecture:
Today: Very simplistic, often black/white or lighter brown and nature colours
Before: Houses made of red wood and house made of stone

Nature:
Northern lights (aurora borealis)
Flat, green fields and high mountains
Could during the winter and mild summers, often raining

Society and history:
Welfare states (free education and health care)
Liberal values like equality and atheism
Environmentally friendly (solar power, wind energy, water mills)
Vikings and monarchies
Post edited by M1ss_Plumbum on

Comments

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2019
    As an actual Scandinavian (Norwegian, to be precise), this title had me like 👀

Yes please!!

I kinda play my sims as norwegians already; it just makes sense since that's the language my game comes in anyway. So having more personally familiar stuff like this in my game would just be amazing.

Anyway, I NEED THIS.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Cool! I’m Danish myself. :)
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    As an actual Scandinavian (Norwegian, to be precise), this title had me like 👀

Yes please!!

I kinda play my sims as norwegians already; it just makes sense since that's the language my game comes in anyway. So having more personally familiar stuff like this in my game would just be amazing.

Anyway, I NEED THIS.

• M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    edited September 2019
    I’m thinking also about adding a nisse.

For those who aren’t Scandinavian, a nisse is a scandinavian alf. It’s a magical creature living with farmers, on the attic or in the barn. Treat it well and it will serve you, like protecting the household from bad luck or make the crops grow faster. Treat it badly and it will be mischievous, like settlng fire to the house or make the household members sick.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I’m thinking also about adding a nisse.

For those who aren’t Scandinavian, a nisse is a scandinavian alf. It’s a magical creature living with farmers, on the attic or in the barn. Treat it well and it will serve you, like protecting the household from bad luck or make the crops grow faster. Treat it badly and it will be mischievous, like settlng fire to the house or make the household members sick.

Oh wow, now that you're mentioning this in a sims context, I realize that actually sounds like something we kinda already have in game: The gnomes. Kind of.

There's even a lot trait that will have them fix broken appliances at night when everyone's asleep. You just can't see them.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    This is perhaps my favourite concept for a farming pack. I keep thinking that I have zero interest in farming, but if they went with the Scandinavian theme I'd absolutely buy it! I love this idea! I hope the gurus are watching 👀