Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Expansion Pack To Get?

2...Next

Comments

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Supernatural
    Wow! I just looked at the poll results after voting, and of the 44 other people no one voted for Into the Future. I'm surprised that literally no one here picked it. I picked Supernatural, but even through it wouldn't be my first choice, I'm surprised that no one else out of all of those other people chose it. Is it really that unpopular? Why the Time Travel showing up on your lot uninvited is kind of annoying, but still, there's a lot more to the pack than that.
  • TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    Generations
    Supernatural is a big one for me but I think Generations and Seasons are just as good if not better. Those would be the essential top 3 that I would recommend. Into the Future is nice...I have it but I haven't really explored it yet although the technology it comes with is very nice. Hope that helps :smile:
    giphy.gif
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons is the first pack I'd get for any Sims game.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    Generations
    Generations definitely made the game more "whole" for me. It adds so much more to family life and game play in general. My second choice would be Seasons, for all the obvious reasons. However, there are times when you can only stand so many rainy days or days with hail, sometimes you just want sunshine or snow.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2019
    Seasons
    Although Supernatural is my personal favorite expansion, I feel like Seasons is the one on that list that is a must have, especially if you don’t have any other packs yet. Honorable mention for Generations because it has such a big impact on sims’ lives and their interactions. Seasons+Gen would be a great way to start TS3.

Seasons is a really great core expansion that changes so many aspects of the game in positive ways. It makes the whole world feel much more dynamic and alive and at this point I can’t imagine my game without it. Now, if you’re just looking for cool stuff, different ways to play and you enjoy playing with different life states, I’d say consider Supernatural at some point. Honestly, you can’t go wrong with just about any of the ones on your list. (ITF is the only one out of those that I found a bit “meh.” The rest are great.)
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    Seasons
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    Wow! I just looked at the poll results after voting, and of the 44 other people no one voted for Into the Future. I'm surprised that literally no one here picked it. I picked Supernatural, but even through it wouldn't be my first choice, I'm surprised that no one else out of all of those other people chose it. Is it really that unpopular? Why the Time Travel showing up on your lot uninvited is kind of annoying, but still, there's a lot more to the pack than that.

I don’t think ITF is especially bad. I just think it’s not as good as the others on this list. It has some cool features, but for me personally, I just don’t use the ITF stuff very often. I wouldn’t really recommend it as someone’s first TS3 expansion unless they just absolutely loved the futuristic aesthetic.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I took a very scientific approach myself as to whether I wanted ITF to stay in my game after fiddling around with future travel and many of its features for a bit.

ITF gives us the Dip Kiss interaction. End of analysis, the pack stays. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited September 2019
    Seasons
    @igazor, I didn’t remember that ITF was the pack that the Dip Kiss interaction came with. That’s such a cute animation! I feel like every pack has at least a few things that I would never give up.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    University
    igazor wrote: »
    ITF gives us the Dip Kiss interaction. End of analysis, the pack stays. :)
    :lol: Yes!

For me, it's the gardening bots. Most of my sims are more, errm, theoretical gardeners. Some managed to master the skill without planting anything, ever.
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Seasons
    I voted for Seasons though I was leaning towards Generations. Things in the Sims world were so much better after Generations came out -better interactions and family play.

But I just love the thunderstorms, festivals and snow time activities that came with Seasons. Made the world so much more real.

Supernatural was a must have for the new world and zany antics of the witches and fairies. It is very dense with content and new interactions but just not my favorite. Would not sim without it though.

ITF - well I'm glad I got the pack because it has great items but I have to admit I haven't been excited to go to the future for a while now.

World Adventures - not mentioned maybe but yes! it is fun! I've been adventuring many times and I just love the relics you can collect.

You are so lucky to be just starting out - there is so much to discover with each pack. You will have a great time no matter what you pick. Let us know what you get.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    Seasons
    I think most expansion packs depend on your play style preference . However, I think the addition of seasons, holidays and festivals add a lot to any game even if it doesn’t come with a town.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited September 2019
    Thanks for the advice everyone! When I finally can get The Sims 3 (I have to wait until I can afford a new computer, as my current one can't run the game) I'll get Supernatural or Generations.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Thanks for the advice everyone! When I finally can get The Sims 3 (I have to wait until I can afford a new computer, as my current one can't run the game)
    Are you certain about this? I mean, there's cannot run the game with all 11 EPs and 100 GBs (exaggerating here) of CC on the highest graphics settings possible, and then there's cannot run the game at all. Have we seen the specs or a dxdiag report on your current computer?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Thanks for the advice everyone! When I finally can get The Sims 3 (I have to wait until I can afford a new computer, as my current one can't run the game)
    Are you certain about this? I mean, there's cannot run the game with all 11 EPs and 100 GBs (exaggerating here) of CC on the highest graphics settings possible, and then there's cannot run the game at all. Have we seen the specs or a dxdiag report on your current computer?

Yes, I'm certain. If I still wan't to play all my other games (which I do), I can't get the game. I've triple checked with a relative who is a computer programmer. It won't happen for a bit.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Yes, I'm certain. If I still wan't to play all my other games (which I do), I can't get the game. I've triple checked with a relative who is a computer programmer. It won't happen for a bit.
    Well, if you want a second (or fourth) opinion, feel free to post your specs or a dxdiag on the Tech Discussions board (for the dxdiag, send it up to https://pastebin.com and provide a link instead). It sounds like hard drive space is the deciding factor, other things like processor, RAM, and graphics card strength don't care about other programs/games that wouldn't be running at the same time as one individual game would be.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information

The above assumes Windows, if you are on a Mac then that would require a different conversation.

We don't generally post our academic and professional credentials here, but be assured some of us have plenty of those too in addition to Sims experience. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

Well, if you want a second (or fourth) opinion, feel free to post your specs or a dxdiag on the Tech Discussions board (for the dxdiag, send it up to https://pastebin.com and provide a link instead). It sounds like hard drive space is the deciding factor, other things like processor, RAM, and graphics card strength don't care about other programs/games that wouldn't be running at the same time as one individual game would be.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information

The above assumes Windows, if you are on a Mac then that would require a different conversation.

We don't generally post our academic and professional credentials here, but be assured some of us have plenty of those too in addition to Sims experience. :)

Thank you for the offer, but I think I'll pass for now.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Generations
    A lot depends on how you like to play. Personally, it was Supernatural that sold me on TS3. But as nice as the build/buy and create a sim assets are in that pack, the gameplay is kind of niche.

For raising families - a play-style more generally popular - I got a lot out of Generations, hence my vote.

If you plan on playing a YA just starting out, University gives a good boost to that before locking down a career. But again, somewhat limited by Sim age range.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    Seasons
    easily seasons! the pack changes the game so much i just cant play without it at this point! and btw fyi you can get the packs for REALLY cheap at g2a.com if ur looking to get alot of packs
    Thank you @adamzaid for the tip- I can't tell the exact price for me (it lists them in Euros but I use US Dollars), but it will easily be cheap enough to fit into my budget.

And as for the computer thing, I've got a birthday coming up :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    Seasons
    Thank you @adamzaid for the tip- I can't tell the exact price for me (it lists them in Euros but I use US Dollars), but it will easily be cheap enough to fit into my budget.

i hope you get a awsome pc for your bday and early happy bday! :D i dont have the best laptop too but its good enough to play sims 3 and 4 so im good but i should probably get a new one lol
    adamzaid wrote: »

i hope you get a awsome pc for your bday and early happy bday! :D i dont have the best laptop too but its good enough to play sims 3 and 4 so im good but i should probably get a new one lol

Thank you!
    funny-gifs20.gif