Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Being able to create ghosts in CAS would be nice.

MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I think they count enough as occults, so being able to create playable ghosts in CAS would be a nice option!

It would be accessible from the occult menu, it'd be a basegame occult, and you should be allowed to pick the death type, just like we could in TS3. Either that, or every CAS-created ghost died from "unknown causes". Who knows. I just want to make ghosts in CAS without having to go through the trouble of killing them myself.

lil_pixel_boys.png
they/he
simblr

Comments

• SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    The option to would help with making deceased relatives in the family tree. You might have a Sim with one living parent and the other a ghost from CAS.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    The option to would help with making deceased relatives in the family tree. You might have a Sim with one living parent and the other a ghost from CAS.

Yeah, that's a great way to use this!

And the ghost would have their urn in their inventory, allowing you to place it somewhere on the lot if you need to.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Yes, I was thinking this yesterday. I rarely use ghosts but I might use them more if I could make them in CAS.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Yes please. I'm trying to get a fire ghost and for some reason my sim is not capable of being incompetent. No matter what the stove won't catch fire and this suggestion would greatly help me.

On a side note anyone know the best way to burn a sim to death
    EMrBkJP.png
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    I want creatable ghosts, but I think it would be too difficult with TS4's current rule against occult hybrids.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2019
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    I want creatable ghosts, but I think it would be too difficult with TS4's current rule against occult hybrids.

I never mentioned hybrids here!
    And the CAS ghosts would most likely not be hybrids, knowing how much TS4 is against that. It's more likely they'll just be plain human, but dead.

But ghosts also seem to be the one exception to their anti-hybrid stance, which makes sense, as every lifestate has the potential to die and become ghosts at some point anyway.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Yes, it would be cool. Also, maybe they could add a 4th trait slot, but you can only choose a trait that reveals how your ghost died.
  • SambylaSambyla Posts: 31 Member
    This is something I can't understand. Why can't we create them in cas? Sometimes I like to create ghost families and it's quite annoying to first create sims and then kill them and then add them to be a part of family. Please make this possible.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    If I remember correctly didn't we have this ability in Sims 3. Seems a shame we went backwards. I personally would love to have CAS ghosts that way you could…
    1. Pick their age when they died
    2. How the died
    3. Create a back story for them
    4. Pick their clothing so if they should be wearing period clothes you can set it and their hair

I'd also love to have them have point system with different ghostly skills like the Vampires and Spellcasters

“All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    This would be awesome, and I hope it would come with the ability to have babies with a ghost and create toddler ghosts (toddlers still wouldn't be able to die in-game, but they can be a ghost if you create them via CAS).
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AndreManoelAndreManoel Posts: 33 Member
    This would be awesome!!!
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I REALLY want this. It could be a cool haunted house storyline
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'm playing rotationally. i would love if i could temporarily bring the ghost back to human form without mods. i currently use mc. its just annoying that i have to stop what i'm doing in another house so i don't lose the ghost.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Yes, I would like to be able create them in CAS too.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Yes, I would love to have that too.