Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else want robots?

Robots were always my favourite lifestate because they were more scientific than fantasy, but I definitely prefer the Servo/Simbot version than the Plumbot. I want my Sim to be able to make them. Does anyone else want them back?

Comments

• ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    Honestly I would love controlling a robot. Let's get a future pack (and maybe fix aliens?).
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    That depends....
    Can I make 2B?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    I wouldn’t mind a Servo but I wouldn’t want anything other than that, like I don’t want a new robot life state
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    I would like the robots to be like sims 3, they were the best thing ever. The future pack of sims 3 was so cool and great I love all of it.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    A robot servant would be awesome, they could range from looking like the classic Servo to something crazy like the terminator, I mean who doesn't want the terminator washing their dishes?

It would also be cool if you could choose to make them androids, they still function like robots (stuff like being weak to water and needing to charge) but they just look like regular sims abit with added customization (Metal limbs, obvious fake skin with wires, new eye colors, etc)
    EMrBkJP.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Depends. Do I want a robot or a skeleton maid more?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    Depends. Do I want a robot or a skeleton maid more?

Omg about the skeleton maid I remember that what game we had one? I remember playing with it I don't remember what game it was though.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I would prefer Plumbots, honestly. They had way more customization.
  • I dont want robots at all.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2019
    Heck yea, robots would be cool. The TS3 plumbots were awesome.

Androids too! Robots looking kind of like regular sims would be a neat addition, especially since I've seen so many people trying to mod or cheat towards that already in earlier games.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • XxAkiraXx1XxAkiraXx1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Nah not that interesting.
  • aria34556aria34556 Posts: 26 Member
    I miss robots from the sims 3 they were a lot of fun, I really love scifi type stuff in general though.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    I got a bot family (sims who are wearing robot suits) I would love to make them as real plumbobs.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I definitely want robots. I didn't play 3 so other than being happy the did a deeper dive into them I'm not sure how they were done.
    I want to be able to make them. I want them to be able to become sentient .. for that to be possible. I'd even like romance options. I'm hoping they can either stay robots or be transformed into a synthetic human .. or more.
    I want all my Pinocchio and Pygmalion dreams to come true in this game. So many stories to tell with this.
    egTcBMc.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I want robots but I want them like the ones in the movie Robots. I want them made from stuff you have to collect from a junkyard or around the house. I want to be able to upgrade them and decorate them. ROBOTICS should be a skill. I'd love to be able to build a family of bots that could live with my family or on their own. And a world like that bot world with all the cool things made from other things.

When S4 was announced, I wanted to create a story line about a robot that lived through and worked for, every generation of one family. But we still don't have robots.

I don't want robots to look like humans. We already have sims. How could you tell the difference between a sim and a simbot? I want them klanky and fun with something breaking or falling off once and a while. If you want robotic sims, go to Strangerville and get infected.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Maybe, I'm not sure. I have modded/cheated androids in my game already, but I think I could warm up for non-humanoid shaped robots, something like Wall-E or T3-M4.

Modern robots/androids could control the household electronics wirelessly (no animation required), but running in wireless mode would also pose the risk of getting hacked by sims with a high programming and mischief skill.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    All types, from Simbots to Star Wars droids.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Heck yeah! Personally, I like the idea of androids being able to be both visually and functionally upgraded, from Asimo-looking machines with limited emotional and cognitive capabilities and bound by Asimov's famous Three Laws; all the way up to advanced androids that are visually, mentally, and emotionally indistinguishable (or nearly so) from human. That would bring me incredible joy.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited September 2019
    You know what. I was never much interested in robots until I saw the this pic.

tumblr_pmewxgXJqp1xzesdfo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pleat4iZWT1xzesdfo1_r1_1280.gif

I am not interested in robots in metal or however "natural" they can look. But if I can get them looking like they are made out of wood, then they would work very well with this medieval occult world I am trying to build for myself. It can have all kinds of snazzy stuff, I just would like to chose what materials the robot-sim is made of. I find myself warming to the thought of robots just because these look so cute. However, wooden ones would be great for me.

https://pinkpatchy.tumblr.com/tagged/edits/page/4
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I would love to see a return of either the Servos from S2 or the Plumbots from S3. I enjoyed both.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I've been asking for a Futuristic pack forever. I imagined something robotic (like in the movie, Interstellar) would be a part of it.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »

Omg about the skeleton maid I remember that what game we had one? I remember playing with it I don't remember what game it was though.

She was in 1 and 3. I actually wouldn't mind her back now that we have more occults.

I would like robots back though! Like TS3 but not the future pack style, I'd like them to be more like Ambitions. I enjoyed collecting scraps and finding gems to create the bot. Felt kinda Frankenstein like.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Yes, bring back customizable plumbots!
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I am not interested in robots in metal or however "natural" they can look. But if I can get them looking like they are made out of wood, then they would work very well with this medieval occult world I am trying to build for myself. It can have all kinds of snazzy stuff, I just would like to chose what materials the robot-sim is made of. I find myself warming to the thought of robots just because these look so cute. However, wooden ones would be great for me.

https://pinkpatchy.tumblr.com/tagged/edits/page/4

That mention of wooden robots made me immediately think of Woodman from the Mega Man games (The latest cartoon adaptation is pretty good, BTW. Though, it takes a good 16 episodes to finally find its feet.). Wood should definitely be an option for our robots, along with metal and plastic. Heck, inflatable robots like the one from Big Hero 6 would also be cool, now that I think of it...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Harujii_Harujii_ Posts: 28 Member
    Plumbots were my favorite thing from S3 ever. Would love to see them return