Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims: Farm Life Expansion pack

ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
edited August 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I can see it now..

Our sims living a wistful country life - tending to livestock, milking cows, riding horses, planting crops, driving tractors, building barns (and having barn raises), county fairs, hayloft woohoo, square dancing or line dancing, and so much more. Feel free to add to it.

We can have a new rural themed world where this would all take place.

Would you guys like an expansion pack like that? I would!
Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA

Comments

• Options
    Derpy_SimmerDerpy_Simmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes! I agree with you 110% I would love for them to add horses and more country related things!
  • Options
    techblogger911techblogger911 Posts: 21 Member
    True! I love the concept of adding country related things.
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I'd love that. It's one of those imaginary packs I've been thinking about for a long time now, at least since Pets was announced, likely before that. Of course we would have more crops and recipes to make with them, and I'd love to see chicken, ducks and such. Perhaps children could play with the ducks?

And it would be nice to see some links with the other expansions, like Seasons, of course, but also Cats and Dogs where you could have cats for pest control (with other means given in the pack, like rat "repellent"). If they add in sheep too, I'm clearly making a shepherd dog, even if they don't introduce the ability to teach your dog how to help you, though it would be nice if they can implement it. And sheep would mean they could bring in knitting at the same time, to unlock new clothes and accessories. Ok, I think I'm asking for a little much, but still, it would be amazing to have all of those.
  • Options
    XxAkiraXx1XxAkiraXx1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Absolutely, I'd pay a lot just to breed horses but a country lifestyle with cows and chickens would be amazing!
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2019
    This pack would be a dream come true! Instead of hayloft WooHoo they should bring back haystack WooHoo! (They could reuse the leaf pile animation, after WooHoo they leave a trail of hay when walking, like the scarecrow in Seasons)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCogCaG7EF0

Also the farm animals and horses shouldn‘t just be objects! They should roam around a custom build fenced-off area, like the roomba from Cats & Dogs or drone! We should be able to breed these animals, then they go into their barn rabbithole to WooHoo, and we don’t need to buy new farm animals because we can breed them.
    ss_dc7369cc9dd29c7cb4ce26dc7190dabe1d8b0f9f.1920x1080.jpg?t=1510657967

Farm Life should come with new crafting hobbies that make use of products you produce on your farm, like harvestables or dairy. These include the canning station, which cooks up harvestables so that you can eat jam toast or pickled eggs in winter. Canning should also be available on regular stoves.
    latest?cb=20180123101241
    There should be the fine craft of nectar making. Produce bottles of nectars, which can be stored in your personal nectar cellar! The more time passes, the more valuable these nectar bottles get. Or just drink them to get dazed or flirty! They require 10 specific fruits to press 1 nectar bottle.
    latest?cb=20160330200011
    screenshot_original.jpg

A butter churn or dairy churn makes use of milk to produce butter, cheese, yoghurt and other dairy products. Make the dairy churn return! Works Off The Grid!
    latest?cb=20120723005012
    M28wDER.png
    https://youtu.be/cqa8l_P3cLg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2019
    Also make the Mechanical bull return at the farmer‘s market or local watering hole! Increase your riding skill to succeed on the mechanical bull!
    latest?cb=20140901154702
    maxresdefault.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    XxAkiraXx1XxAkiraXx1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Yes, I loved breeding horses in sims 3 and farm animals would be a bonus!