Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there another style of clothing you want added to the game?

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    Problem with more historic clothes is that all sims are forced to have phones and be obsessed with computers. We need a technophobe trait to return and an ability for sims to not have phones. Many people don't have mobile phones, it's unrealistic.
    I would love to have that trait back and vintage phones.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    munroele wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Steampunk, Gothic Lolita, serf Medieval, Egyptian, Australian, Filipino, Icelandic, Marshallese, Indonesian, Japanese, Vietnamese, Irish, French, and African.

Aussie here, we really don't dress that differently, if at all. Bogans (our version of a hick or plum) wear singlets, baggy knee length shorts and thongs (flip flops), so you can already do that. Nothing we wear is particularly distinct or different. Don't honestly see a need for 'Australian style' clothing at all. Maybe add in a Steve Irwin type outfit if they ever did a zoo type pack, but thats pretty much all you could add. Unless you were to patch in a Bintang singlet and maybe more varieties of thongs.
    Patch would be cool. I wouldn't mind a zoo or aquarium. Honestly would love to see an Aussie world since it looks so pretty there. As far as clothing I was hoping for aboriginal outfits.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MysticJinxMysticJinx Posts: 11 New Member
    Desperately need more fashionable winter wear, such as loose knits, scarfs, and printed poncho tops. Also it would be great to have more East Asian inspired clothing, would love to use them for my Asian sims during formal events.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited September 2019
    A 'digger' hat would be nice.
    More commonly known as a slouch hat, or an akubra.

Steampunk, Gothic Lolita, serf Medieval, Egyptian, Australian, Filipino, Icelandic, Marshallese, Indonesian, Japanese, Vietnamese, Irish, French, and African.

Aussie here, we really don't dress that differently, if at all. Bogans (our version of a hick or plum) wear singlets, baggy knee length shorts and thongs (flip flops), so you can already do that. Nothing we wear is particularly distinct or different. Don't honestly see a need for 'Australian style' clothing at all. Maybe add in a Steve Irwin type outfit if they ever did a zoo type pack, but thats pretty much all you could add. Unless you were to patch in a Bintang singlet and maybe more varieties of thongs.

Bogans wear baggy shorts? That's not the traditional bogan option. Traditionally they wear short footy shorts, of the style worn in the 70's and 80's.

Maybe they could add some mullet variations...

340.jpg
    886.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=73fba6ed311739046a87f73a300f553d
    ian-botham-tash.jpg

Or, maybe, by "Australian", it's more of the 'man from snowy river' look they're after...
    The folks who shop at R.M.Williams, even if they've never set foot on a farm.

Shopify_Homepage_10_1280x640.jpg?v=1505698628
    9c73d4730253add287825cfa659687fc.jpg?v=1550026705
    77438i_ts.jpg
    138_cropped_1024x1024.jpg?v=1526669182
    riding-coat-stockman-coat.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Any early 2000's, 90's, 80s, 70's, 60's, 50's... just because those would add a lot of variety. Not everybody in real life dresses with current fashion. Some people wear stuff they bought on thrift store, or that their parents/gradparents had stored at the bottom of the wardrobe... And, also, male sims have at least half the number of hairstyles that female sims have, and most of them are the same undercut with strands of hair slightly moved. This would be the perfect excuses to add cool looking hairstyles, like the Billy cc one based on the Billy character from ST.
  • Fashionable toddler and child clothing!
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    Like a lot of others said, a decades pack would be amazing. I created a 1920s couple and a 1920s art deco bar they owned, but it took me hours to find the perfect cc for it. Plus, building a family for each decade (say.. 20s to 90s? Maybe too much?) would be so much fun.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    decent classic clothing, especially for elders (just think of all those grandmas and grandpas on tv-series)
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Wow. I'm just now seeing these and man I'm so impressed with a lot of these suggestions omg!!! Very good suggestions

@So_Money I love the suggestion for a decades pack
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    I want to see more "boring" clothes, more simple old fashioned stuff. Not everyone is fashionable. Heck there's a lot of high fashion stuff in the game that no one ever wears in real life.
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited September 2019
    More men's underwear
    Eastern European inspired clothes (for example the tied at the neck headscarves many old women wear)
    A lot more fun patterned button up shirts
    Thigh high boots
    Trad-goth and deathrock fashion
    60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's fashion
    Facial piercings (We haven't had them since the Sims 2 Bon Voyage!)
    Nails with nail polish
    More swatches for the women's flats that appear in the hot-weather section
    An accessory tight long-sleeve shirt to put under more revealing tops and dresses in a wide variety of swatches, to make them usable for hijabi sims
    Better small earrings that don't look like something a five year old would glue onto a birthday card

Edit: I forgot halfway through that this was just for styles of clothing, lol, not just anything I wanted added to CAS.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member

I was hoping for aboriginal outfits.

Most aboriginal groups didn't wear clothing (and now just dress like the rest of us all), except animal hides to keep warm in winter or at night, which is a real shame, but their art style is gorgeous, and would make a wonderful new painting style for Sims to learn, or buy from Build mode. And their foods are interesting too, but sadly, clothing isn't really a thing they had.

@Movotti Ah yes, the 'we're from Australia, so no such thing as cowboys here, but we love their aesthetic' type clothing. I to me that screams NSW farm style!
    Bogans here in WA tend to wear the baggy shorts from what I notice, and yes to the mullet! So many country towns here have them still!
    I think the only really specific thing you could do is maybe a southern cross tattoo in like, every spot on the body? Most bogans have one, and so do many 'normal' people.
  • Knee length skirts

Blazers with white shirts underneath

Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Trad-goth and deathrock fashion
    Yep, quoting this cos it's what I said earlier, but I added pictures.

And now I'm adding more pictures, without the spoilers... Prepare yourselves for pure awesome.

We have a lame mohawk, more variations are needed, like deathhawks

tumblr_mizhvfgfgN1s28hndo1_1280.jpg
    65fc63bad0eec46018288e85accf2bf7.jpg

And chelsea hawks
    c413e309428c877b42f688448971a6ad.jpg

I don't even know what this style is called, it's deathrock and I want it in my game
    tumblr_ol4ko0MMaN1vkszzko1_400.jpg

I need this top in my game, and the hair, and the makeup...
    096ebe35253e103153047249f3d12c59.jpg

Who needs clothes when you can just layer your tights on your torso?
    53043ecd4f810e433c2ff9621dddb302.jpg

And facial piercings, and more ear piercings...

Maybe they'll add some of these things in time for Halloween... you know, goths, and skeletons, and Halloween all the time...
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    Hi! I've had Sims 4 since it was made free a few months back, and have played every series in the franchise since Sims 1. I own the BG, Parenthood, Get Together and Cats & Dogs so far. From what is available currently in my game, I would have to agree with some of the other comments here that men's clothing is definitely lacking. I would like to see more pants that are not cropped or ripped (seriously, why are almost all of the men's pants cropped or ripped?) And less hipstery-shirts for men. It would be nice to see more standard and versatile clothing for men in the future: more every-day button downs, and t-shirts, although I do think the sweater and jacket/suits selection is nice.

Also, we need more children's clothes added in packs and free updates - I feel as though there are so few styles available for them! It's a struggle to let my Sims kid's personalities shine through when dressing them right now!

I do agree that there seems to be an excess of crop tops for women, but I feel like female Sims currently benefit from the most variety of clothes, so I find them easier to dress.

I hope we will see some of our requests put in the game in the future!
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    james64468 wrote: »
    More goth clothes for teens.

More Goth clothes in general. Also more Metal clothes including accessories like this or this for example.
  • poeticpanda1poeticpanda1 Posts: 2 New Member
    I really want some more Asian fashion, modern and traditional. Korean and Harajuku fashion styles are so cool. It's a shame there's not any in the game. More straight and gentle curl hair styles, along with more brown hair shades would be awesome. I agree with the person who said women's professional clothing too. There's too few businessy options. And omg YES, better boots. They're all so chunky. I put some of this in the survey but I still felt like ranting about it. Haha
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    80's clothing!
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    Well I don't have most of the packs (just Seasons, CL, GF, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Moschino, and kids stuff which is a drop in the bucket compared to what's available) but we really need more sleep, swimwear, and formal. Most of the formal clothes are more club wear than for fancy events, and swim and sleep are just very sparse. I was really surprised when I downloaded seasons and had hardly any new swimsuits.
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    60s, 70s and 80s clothing would be good.
    Turtleneck sweaters worn with jackets
    No more above the ankle trousers for men, thank you.
    Long sleeve dresses, don't mind about the length
    More children's clothing, you run out of options pretty quickly.
    Ballet clothes
    Mock sports team shirts
    Plain nehru jackets
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Fewer rolled-up pants would be helpful. I rarely use those.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    candyboot wrote: »
    80's clothing!

It felt very appropriate clicking “Awesome” for this suggestion, lol.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • FiddelizFiddeliz Posts: 39 Member
    I would like it if they added more loose clothes, the baggy jeans from DU are one, but like baggy t-shirts, a hoodie, slacks, blouses and short sleeve button up shirts would be sooo nice. If you want to make tomboys or slackers it would be a great asset. I mean the "bigger" shirts that they have look super awkward on skinny sims, because they curve and follow the body in a very unnatural way. I have some CC to cover this but they interfere with some EA clothing and yeah everything is CC'able lol
  • VampireSapphireVampireSapphire Posts: 90 Member
    Anything other than the million crop tops in the game