Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    Sims should not have phones by default.

It drives me nuts that whenever I want a poor sim that's pretty much starting out as a hobo, they pull out a smartphone to play games with.

I agree with this. I do wish you could choose to not have phones/remove them when the child/teen is punished. Buying them would be a nice money sink and offer some customisation.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    I don't know who Baby Ariel is (is she really popular enough to feature in the game?) At least Katy Perry was very well known when the Sweet Treats pack was released.

I've never heard of her either.

Same, no clue who she is. I have also never heard of Mochisno either...Do I live under a rock or something? lol.

Yeah me neither, I think Mochisno sounds like a low-budget kitchen appliance. xD Haha, perhaps we both do. =P

Lol! I thought it was some weird coffee thing too, xD I guess we live under a very big rock...lmao.
    I thought it was coffee related as well. I did giggle at it being called mosquito pack. I actually think it beats Sweet Treats as worst pack in the franchise. At least my Sims looked like snacks and something recognizable with Sweet Treats. Moschino makes them look like burglars raiding Elton John's closet and butchering his outfits with scissors.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Moschino stuff is a very good stuff pack , imo. I like the clothes and the new gameplay that was included :)
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I am not really interested in a University Expansion Pack.
    Having said that, I will still buy it. :p
  • I don't get excited for packs anymore. Thats not to say I don't want them or anticipate them, but for me excitement just feels like impatience and anxiety :D I own all of the current packs , stuff packs included, so there's far too much to do, for me to be overly focused on what I don't yet have. I still have things i havent done with that I own :)

• University is going to be really fun if it comes with new activities and new careers. Also going to be really good if it brings back very fun features from the other university games! Im patiently looking forward to it.

• PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Since everyone loves the idea of gameplay packs...

i think just screw them and make them expansion packs. ( I know this will never happen)

Gameplay packs are far too limited. Love the idea, but GPs just left me wanting more... like the developers dont think this trough.

I just want every GP or EP to have a new big ''world''. I want with every Pack a new venue typ or lot trait. I want new jobs, new traits, new aspirations, new actvities that are fitting into the theme of the pack, and for every age group...

Lets look at realm of magic.

Kids were left out. Would it hurt them to add a RABBITHOLE hogwarts school?

What can you do besides learning the magic. What actvities are provided? What kind of jobs are there... we seriously need occult jobs.
    Where are the new food types, specified for that pack... little things.

One would say, oh but its just a gameplay pack so you can not expect more...
    Well i am done with those limitations.

With Spa day... they could make it so its also like beauty and spa...

More CAS assets like piercings, they ability to have a job as a masseur, tattoo artist, coiffeuer. Get your nails and other stuff done. Go shopping, literally a shopping mall, as a new venue type.

Parenthood.... they tried to add something for every age group, but again, the limitations are still there. Where is mid life crisis, where are the after school actvities for kids, its just a focus on adults become parents... I can not send my toodler to daycare, like i can send my kid to school.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I don't care for households bigger than 8 Sims/pets.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't know who Baby Ariel is (is she really popular enough to feature in the game?) At least Katy Perry was very well known when the Sweet Treats pack was released.

Same, no clue who she is. I have also never heard of Mochisno either...Do I live under a rock or something? lol.

Yeah me neither, I think Mochisno sounds like a low-budget kitchen appliance. xD Haha, perhaps we both do. =P

Lol! I thought it was some weird coffee thing too, xD I guess we live under a very big rock...lmao.

Haha, yes, I actually had to help myself to some, I wanted some coffee after that. xD Yeah most "famous" people, especially music performers, went under my radar after 2000. xD
  • Kimmer wrote: »
    I don't like playing (or watching someone else play) the typical "perfect looking female Sim with good traits meets perfect looking male Sim with good traits and they get married and have perfect babies and live happily ever after in perfect world with townies that all look perfect with no flaws".

I really love quirky/average and plain looking sims ! The perfect looking sims can be boring. I have some pretty sims but when I go in CAS again Im making a very nerdy/imperfect family of everyday looking sims to add to my game

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I thought it was coffee related as well. I did giggle at it being called mosquito pack. I actually think it beats Sweet Treats as worst pack in the franchise. At least my Sims looked like snacks and something recognizable with Sweet Treats. Moschino makes them look like burglars raiding Elton John's closet and butchering his outfits with scissors.

Yeah, as much as I hated how much of a celebrity tie-in Sweet treats was, but at least they were kind of stylish in a way and the hairstyles were pretty fun and they made for some very fun custom Showtime outfits.
    I agree with the Mochisno items, they do look so ugly.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults

Haha, yes, I actually had to help myself to some, I wanted some coffee after that. xD Yeah most "famous" people, especially music performers, went under my radar after 2000. xD

I'm not the biggest fan of coffee, but I wouldn't turn down tiramisu with caramel topping :joy: Same, I'm vaguely aware of "famous" people Cerca 2009 (when I left High School), but that's it. I mostly live under a rock, with all my fellow hermit crabs.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    edited September 2019
    I think The Sims should end at 4, I'm having fun with what we have.
    I don't think it will get better in the future and will only be repetitive.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    I think there can be a sims 5, but they should wait a long time with it so that it can be a big improvement and not a minor one.

Also they should launch a fuller base game next time. Have the usual stuff, but include something usually added in an expansion from the start.
    Like university, seasons or cars.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Back in 2002 EA bought the Domains through Sims 10 and every year pays for them - so I don't see an endtime ever for the Sims - especially with them extending the shelf life of this one and each future version.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Simselves make more interesting NPCs than the idealized supermodels that are the most popular household downloads on the gallery. When it comes time to move in some more sims after the inevitable passing of the premades, those are what I search for. They look like diverse, realistic people and have actual character flaws.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I think Sims 4 is way too food-centric. A meal is a meal, we don't need twenty thousand different dishes. I really don't care what they eat. Resources should go to more needed things.

I also think drinking water should be removed because it adds more nonsensical interruptions and annoyances than it does immersion. Worst. Patch. Ever.
    #Team Occult
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member

I'm not the biggest fan of coffee, but I wouldn't turn down tiramisu with caramel topping :joy: Same, I'm vaguely aware of "famous" people Cerca 2009 (when I left High School), but that's it. I mostly live under a rock, with all my fellow hermit crabs.

To be fair I think our rocks are worth living under. xD
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    I enjoy the crossover outfits and think we should get more.
    Reason is I like using the Noct outfit for edgy sims and having Darth Vader be an actual sim in my game.
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I don't like playing (or watching someone else play) the typical "perfect looking female Sim with good traits meets perfect looking male Sim with good traits and they get married and have perfect babies and live happily ever after in perfect world with townies that all look perfect with no flaws".
    Not trying to rip on the people that play that way, but I got bored reading that sentence. What's life without conflict?
    LiELF wrote: »
    I think Sims 4 is way too food-centric. A meal is a meal, we don't need twenty thousand different dishes. I really don't care what they eat..
    It's funny that every meal in this game seems to fill up the food bar exactly the same amount, so you're right about not caring about what they eat.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2019
    Vampris wrote: »
    It's funny that every meal in this game seems to fill up the food bar exactly the same amount, so you're right about not caring about what they eat.

That hasn't been my experience. The instant meals and even some of the lower-level dishes like mac-n-cheese have the hunger bar decay more quickly, while the higher level Homestyle Cooking meals will really stick to the ribs, resulting in sims only needing to eat once per day, especially at Excellent or Impeccable quality. That's not even to make mention of some of the heartier Gourmet Cooking meals.

What's wild is that if you pack some of those meals into a bag lunch, sims often never even eat at home during the work week.

To be fair I think our rocks are worth living under. xD

That is the truth! :open_mouth: XD
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited September 2019
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    That hasn't been my experience. The instant meals and even some of the lower-level dishes like mac-n-cheese have the hunger bar decay more quickly, while the higher level Homestyle Cooking meals will really stick to the ribs, resulting in sims only needing to eat once per day, especially at Excellent or Impeccable quality. That's not even to make mention of some of the heartier Gourmet Cooking meals.

What's wild is that if you pack some of those meals into a bag lunch, sims often never even eat at home during the work week.

When you say the homestyle cooking foods are you talking the ones in the packs or rather the gourmet foods? Because the other foods in the basegame I remember not even mattering whether you had cake or salad, because the sim would be full for most of the day. The only difference was the Calorie count in it, but maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention.

I'm not doubting that the better the quality of the food the better the hunger it gives, but I wasn't able to tell the difference between a normal quality salad and a normal roasted chicken besides the cost.
    EMrBkJP.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top