Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleting Game Damaged My Sim

I changed games again. Normally I'm not so flighty. I guess since my computer is dying, I've just wanted to enjoy all the aspects, and my computer can only handle one expansion pack at a time. Through Origin, I installed Ambitions; and I recently deleted it so I could install a different pack. But something went wrong with my Sim, who I made with Ambitions. She had the Descendant Of Da Vinci Lifetime Wish, and when I installed Seasons her Lifetime Wish slot was empty, even after I changed it. Not only that, but her Scrapbook does not open. I closed my game and restarted. Same thing. Any suggestions? Tips appreciated.
Be safe.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    This sim is not a SavedSim or one in the household bin, but one who was already in a saved game? We can't (shouldn't) remove EPs and expect ongoing game saves to work. Some will refuse to load, others will load but be damaged beyond repair. Even with the Patch 1.69 Launcher pack chooser thing, the EPs were never meant to be swapped out on ongoing game saves.

I'm not sure about sims who are created but whose copies are not placed into a game requiring all EPs present at creation to stay in play, seems like some might be okay to reuse the sim after removal. But it sounds like your experience with Ambitions suggests that just isn't going to work either.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    I'm using a copy of her, and her house, I saved to the bin.
    Be safe.
    Then we have to conclude that a sim created with Ambitions in play cannot be used in a game that does not have Ambitions. Or at least that one cannot. It seems reasonable because certain Traits and LTWs, etc. become undefined if the expected EP is not there.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    Thank you. I guess for future reference, change the Lifetime Wish first.
    Be safe.
    edited September 2019
    Not a bad plan, but even so damage can happen. There are careers, skills, traits (some of the skills and traits are hidden) associated with most of the packs. Even if your sim doesn't have what seem to be obvious pack-specific attributes to them, trying to play them without a pack that was in use during their creation is still generally not a good idea.

Clothes and other CAS parts can of course be substituted, but the program elements that the EPs provide are more complicated than that.

It was always said that we can add packs to games (or sims), but taking them away is always going to be risky if it's even possible to do.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!