Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where did the new RoM eyes go?

SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
After the update on the 17th the new eye colors vanished from my game. They never worked, but looked like they might've been a cool addition. Anyone else missing them?
giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    After the update on the 17th the new eye colors vanished from my game. They never worked, but looked like they might've been a cool addition. Anyone else missing them?

They'll (probably) be fixed and brought back in a near-future patch.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    My guess would be that a bug put them there and it was fixed. Spellcasters aren't supernaturals the way aliens and vampires are, so they don't get those eyes.
    edited September 2019
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    My guess would be that a bug put them there and it was fixed. Spellcasters aren't supernaturals the way aliens and vampires are, so they don't get those eyes.

One of the SimGurus (I believe---somebody in charge of the games, anyway) said that they noticed that the spellcaster eyes weren't working. Not that they weren't supposed to be there.

Edit:
    The following was from SimGuruNick.
    Some issues with RoM that I’ve already seen in my own game:
    -Game crashes when you exit CAS while a spellcaster is doing their idle animation
    -Spellcaster eyes in CAS don’t appear to work
    -Potions sell for $0 Simoleons, meaning NPCs never buy them in Retail

Thanks everyone!
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    Any screenshots?
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    Any screenshots?

Of?
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    Of how did they look like :)
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    Of how did they look like :)

Oh. I don't have any screenshots of them, sadly.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    @SimQueenie9 These?
    tumblr_py7i4fAvKh1wy9czzo1_1280.png
    I thought there was some glitch since that is a lot of new eyes and none worked(I didn't know spellcasters had new eyes) and some look like aliens eyes.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    @SimQueenie9 These?
    tumblr_py7i4fAvKh1wy9czzo1_1280.png
    I thought there was some glitch since that is a lot of new eyes and none worked(I didn't know spellcasters had new eyes) and some look like aliens eyes.
    The ones in your pic seem to be alien, vampire, and mermaid eyes. I thought it was a mistake too, since they didn’t work and were removed by the new patch.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I wonder what kind of eyes they are supposed to have? All of the ones available to vampires and mermaids or not.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member

Strange. I've patched the game but none of the eye options vanished. They still don't work, but they remain available.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I think it's kind of messed up they gave us something in a pack and then took it back...
    giphy.gif

I think it's kind of messed up they gave us something in a pack and then took it back...

It wasn't even working, so what's the difference?

But they didn't. The "supernatural" eyes are still available (though don't work properly).
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Spellcasters are the only occult life state I have in my game. I do not have any new eye options that I can see.
    I've found an interesting bug. I created a spellcaster in CAS, then I created a mermaid and choose mermaid's eyes for her (they were available). Then I used genetics option and created their child, who was a mermaid too. There were no mermaid's eyes available for him! Then I switched back to his mother (she still had her occult eyes) and then... guess what!.. no occult eyes options for her either!
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    The difference @SimQueenie9 is that I had new eye color options there in cas when I first played ROM and now they are not there.
    I'm really confused why more players are not upset about devs just removing them with no explanation other then "don't appear to work"
    They should have fixed the issue with the last patch.
    See, I'm Picturing it as purchasing a full set of say, silverware.. and then having to give back a spoon because it was broken. Would that be ok?
    giphy.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2019
    I dont see why they would have been removed cause they were broken. According to the patch notes they've been fixed. Filter by Realm Of Magic.
    I dont see why they would have been removed cause they were broken. According to the patch notes they've been fixed. Filter by Realm Of Magic.

According to which patch notes?
  • delelisedelelise Posts: 10 New Member
    Nothing in the patch notes about CAS eyes- only about CAS animation glitch. I saw them when I first downloaded the pack but have not seen them since the patch- Not sure if they meant to allow occult eyes for spellcasters at all or if when configuring CAS they got left there.

My guess is they were using the existing framework for occult sims to create the CAS framework for spellcasters and they forgot to remove it and then fixed it in the patch.
  • When they "fix" this I would like them to make the eyes work for spellcasters at least. If not for regular sims...
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

delelise wrote: »
    Nothing in the patch notes about CAS eyes- only about CAS animation glitch. I saw them when I first downloaded the pack but have not seen them since the patch- Not sure if they meant to allow occult eyes for spellcasters at all or if when configuring CAS they got left there.

My guess is they were using the existing framework for occult sims to create the CAS framework for spellcasters and they forgot to remove it and then fixed it in the patch.

SimGuruNick didn’t say the eyes weren’t supposed to be there.
  • XophariosXopharios Posts: 5 New Member
    TECHNICALLY they are, indeed, Human, Vampire, Alien and Mermaid eyes. So they most likely aren't supposed to by there. But if you want them there is a mod called "Mermaid and Vampire Eyes for Everysim" on Mod the Sims. According to the mod title it now has Alien and Clone eyes too!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I hope they do make a comeback in the near future.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    What are the currently available eyes for spellcasters? I will probably not update my game for some time so I am curious.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top