Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone else kinda annoyed when they see this CAS animation??!

Like, really EA/Maxis/devs, if children can't do magic - why go through the effort of animating them using magic in CAS at all? It makes it doubly frustrating that they CAN'T actually do this in-game.

Why not just let kids ride brooms? Or let them do some very basic spells, like a "finish homework" spell? Or only duel other children? Or just DO this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 animation they do in CAS actually .. you know .. in-game?!

I love this GP, I really do, but I'm sorry ... every time I see this CAS animation, I can't help but be majorly annoyed by it.

ZLhDaUW.png

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    That is a mean tease really, isn't it.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    That is a mean tease really, isn't it.

Yes it is. And I just don't really get the point. It's almost like the people who made the CAS animations thought - like most of us - that spellcaster abilities for kids are such a great idea, including them would be a no-brainer :joy:

I mean, kids don't do any vampire or mermaid animations in CAS right?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I'm annoyed by the animations in cas in general, because it's annoying having my sims flail about like they're having a seizure while I'm trying to create them, but yes, this made me annoyed too.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    I'm annoyed by the animations in cas in general, because it's annoying having my sims flail about like they're having a seizure while I'm trying to create them, but yes, this made me annoyed too.

Yeah I get that. The funny thing is - kids seem to do the spellcaster animation 2x more frequently than adults :joy: so not only are they not able to do this in-game, it's also just super annoying to edit them in CAS cause they're barely standing still. It's brilliant, really.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Maybe it's a hint at a family pack? Oh, I know, that's just wishful thinking...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yup. Glad that’s not just me being bitter.

It’s like they said:

Hmm people have been complaining that there’s nothing for occult kids to do. What’s the one thing everyone hates about vampires? The stupid CAS animation, of course. Ok so we’re agreed: we’ll give the spellcaster kids a CAS animation. Then no one can complain we neglected them!
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited September 2019
    SimTrippy wrote: »

They can do the vampire one, but I don't have any mermaid children so I'm not sure on the mermaid animations
    xb4oh0t.png
    NOj1eSQ.png
  • Options
    afai1261 wrote: »

They can do the vampire one, but I don't have any mermaid children so I'm not sure on the mermaid animations
    xb4oh0t.png
    NOj1eSQ.png

Ah yes now that you mention it, indeed they can. It just never annoyed me as much I guess xD maybe I can understand the idea of children not being "undead" better than kids not being magical 😅
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Agreed. It shows they could have gave kids some magic but didn't out of sheer laziness
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They could have just added that animation to the game. That, at least, would have been something that made spellcaster kids different from muggle kids.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    That's just mean.
    Would it kill someone to make occult kids actually interesting to play?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Aw, that's just mean. I'm not a huge family player, but when it comes to Occults, I'd like to have them included with children. I can understand leaving out toddlers, but children should have some access to powers, even if it was just a couple of simple spells or cantrips.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I really wish the time and money spent on making that CAS animation had gone toward something in the actual game instead for children.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Yeah, I thought the same thing, too!

—T
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    It’s hard to explain. I wish children could do magic, I think lucky number 7 is the right age for children that their powers start developing.

And it would make parenting a lot more harder, especially in my household when the mother is a spellcaster with an ancient bloodline, and the father is human. They have two spell caster children, myself and my sister, with the Ancient bloodline trait. And things get pretty chaotic around the house with their powerful children especially when their kids get into fights. Luckily our grandparents our very powerful Sorcerers.

I also wish parents can use magic to discipline their kids. I said it before but I can totally see my sim mother turning her kids into inanimate objects to put them on time out.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Tabitha on the original Bewitched had magical powers as a little girl. And Harry Potter with his friends in year 1 were student wizards @ the age of 11.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I have to agree. I hate how toddler/child sims get left out of occult gameplay. I was really hoping that spellcaster toddlers/children would have some cute spells and/or in game magic animations. I also wish vampire child sims needed plasma (and could be turned into eternal vampire children) and mermaid toddler/child sims had tails. My only hope now is that changeling/fairy toddlers/children will have some abilities if we get them.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have to agree. I hate how toddler/child sims get left out of occult gameplay. I was really hoping that spellcaster toddlers/children would have some cute spells and/or in game magic animations. I also wish vampire child sims needed plasma (and could be turned into eternal vampire children) and mermaid toddler/child sims had tails. My only hope now is that changeling/fairy toddlers/children will have some abilities if we get them.

They can't add anything to children in a future occult pack because that would mean that they had no excuse not to add it to all the others. Expect a hard NO on any future occult kids too.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    All the emphasis on inclusivity (is that a been a word?) and never including children. Hypocrisy strikes again.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    It would be amazing if spellcaster kids had a small list of spells they could learn, even if they were specific to their own life stage. Even 4 or 5 spells would be appreciated.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited September 2019
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

They can't add anything to children in a future occult pack because that would mean that they had no excuse not to add it to all the others. Expect a hard NO on any future occult kids too.

Yeah, I don't expect it, but if we get changelings I just think they should have something special about them. You're probably right, but an occult family simmer can still dream...
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Yeah I'm afraid this is true ... Honestly, it'd be great if they could just add one or two things for kids later on. It doesn't even have to be a real spell (although that would be great). If they'd just do this thing they do in CAS by accident sometimes, when they get really emotional for example, I'd already be happy. And I hope they'll let us Scruberoo the kids at some point.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Hmm, haven't really noticed to be bothered. But, yeah, that's unnecessary to have.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited September 2019
    And I hope they'll let us Scruberoo the kids at some point.

The fact that they didn't include that just 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off. Why is so much of this game rage inducing these days? Why can't they just make an effort to make something decent? Always the least amount possible with them, and that's why Kids get the short stick constantly. Their argument is that people don't play with Kids - well DUH if you keep not giving kids anything interesting to do, ofcourse people are gonna play with them less. The mind boggles.

EA: doesn't make kids interesting.
    Also EA: well if you don't play with them then what's the point of including interesting things for kids?
    Simmers: :o
    EA: Why are everyone raging out over kids not being interesting, you don't even play with them?
    Simmers: :s
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Yeah, it bugged me that the kid could make sparks in CAS, but can't do more than bind a familiar in play. Even just an "attempt magic" action that used the same animation as from CAS would be nice.

I also really would have liked some sort of Spellcaster Lore skill that kids could learn.