Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apocalypse Challenge: Let's Play!

OliCaitOliCait Posts: 476 Member
So I recently made a bunker - you can see the tour of it here: https://olicaitbuilds.blogspot.com/2019/08/underground-bunker-facebook-challenge.html

I'm now doing the challenge!

First off, let me introduce you to the family...

Firstly, the parents:

Paul, the patriarch of the family, is the one who anticipated the apocalypse and built this bunker over the past few years. He is paranoid, creative, and a lone wolf. His wife, Charlotte, was never totally sure about his theories but happily agreed to help her husband with the bunker. She is creative, neat, and squeamish.

48659949271_e72a8ccde4_b.jpg

The couple have four children

From left to right:

Alina, 17 years old. She is a foodie and good.

Alexis, 15 years old, is active and erratic.

Simon, 11 years old, is a genius.

Zander, 9 years old, is creative.

48659949166_1e6f054c21_b.jpg

When one day the sirens wailed in their hometown of Strangerville, they immediately headed to their bunker, hidden beneath an abandoned structure Paul had acquired some years before. They knew that their bunker was built to accommodate 8 and had running water, solar electricity, and supplies.

On their way, chaos ensued. There were explosions, screams, and planes flying low overhead. From what they could understand, some kind of virus had broken out. They had to get into hiding, and soon.

They reached the lot and began climbing down the stairs to the bunker - children first. The family of six locked the door and headed into the bunker. Inside, they sat down to make a plan. Paul was to break into the seeds he'd packed and begun the job of planting the food. They had rations to last them a few days, after which they would need to begin harvesting ingredients.

48660095777_96bf214f23_b.jpg

The food that Paul collected to grow is as follows (4 of everything):

-Grapes
-Blackberries
-Spinach
-Mushroom
-Onion
-Carrot
-Tomato
-Basil
-Sage

These ingredients can be used to make all of the following meals at a different skill level (cooking, gourmet cooking, or baking)

Cooking
Lv. 1 - Garden Salad (tomato), Franks and Beans (onion),
Lv. 2 - BLT (tomato), Chips and Salsa (tomato, onion)
Lv. 4 - Spaghetti (tomato, onion, mushroom)
Lv. 5 - Breakfast Scramble (potato, onion, mushroom)
Lv. 6 - Chilli (tomato, onion), Camper's Stew (carrot, potato, mushroom)
Lv. 7 - Omelet (spinach, mushroom, onion)

Gourmet
Lv. 1 - Pasta Primavera (any vegetable, any herb), Caprese Salad (tomato, basil)
Lv. 3 - Spinach Frittata (spinach)

Baking
Lv. 4 - Sweet Potato Pie (potato), Everything Bagel (onion, sage, basil)
Lv. 5 - Potato Break (potato), Quiche (spinach, mushroom)
Lv. 8 - Fruitcake (grape, blackberry)

Paul begin planting while the family gets settled. Simon and Zander are a little scared, but Charlotte does her best to calm them down.

48659596498_587f13e907_b.jpg

Keep following the blog (or my external blog: https://olicaitletsplay.blogspot.com/) to see what happens to the family - I won't be doing story mode, but posting updates of the family throughout the challenge including the rules I'm trying to stick to!

XOX OliCait XOX
Post edited by OliCait on

Comments

• DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    Hi @OliCait! I just finished reading your first two chapters - I always love reading a good Apocalypse challenge (and Strangerville just screams apocalypse-zombie town), but haven't tried one yet myself because the restrictions are crazy. Looking forward to more chapters and to read one written in more of a narrative style :).
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.

• OliCaitOliCait Posts: 476 Member
    Hi @OliCait! I just finished reading your first two chapters - I always love reading a good Apocalypse challenge (and Strangerville just screams apocalypse-zombie town), but haven't tried one yet myself because the restrictions are crazy. Looking forward to more chapters and to read one written in more of a narrative style :).

Thank you! Been a delay in posting as I wasnt getting many reads and didn't know whether to continue but have been playing and saving parts, so a few new parts should be up within the next hour or so! Thanks for reading! If you'd like, you can subscribe to get notifications when I post :smile:
  • DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    @OliCait I wouldn't give up just yet - Keep it up and I am sure the more reads will come. It's my first time posting a story too and I haven't gotten too many reads initially, but there are some! At least let the amount of time you've put into preparing and getting all the rules straight for an apocalypse challenge be your motivation :).
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.

@OliCait I wouldn't give up just yet - Keep it up and I am sure the more reads will come. It's my first time posting a story too and I haven't gotten too many reads initially, but there are some! At least let the amount of time you've put into preparing and getting all the rules straight for an apocalypse challenge be your motivation :).

Thanks! I'm taking some time to enjoy the RoM pack, but will be back to doing this soon!
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    "First off, let me introduce you to the family of 8..."

There are only six people in the family: The parents and their four kids.
    "First off, let me introduce you to the family of 8..."

There are only six people in the family: The parents and their four kids.

Yes. I did decide to add two later instead. Will edit this.