Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues

Comments

• CasualclickCasualclick Posts: 4 New Member
    I apologize for posting this here, but I have two questions:

1. How many more comments do I need to add to existing threads to get my privilege to start posts? It's sort of frustrating. I'm a DIY, self-supports kind of reader, and I do search the posts as best I can come up with, but there are times I have specific questions and none of the results are relevant.

2. I recently bought TS4, but I can't find a similar "catch-all" convenience thread like this one to ask questions with my presumably too Low post count?

Thanks for your direction!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    I apologize for posting this here, but I have two questions:

1. How many more comments do I need to add to existing threads to get my privilege to start posts? It's sort of frustrating. I'm a DIY, self-supports kind of reader, and I do search the posts as best I can come up with, but there are times I have specific questions and none of the results are relevant.

2. I recently bought TS4, but I can't find a similar "catch-all" convenience thread like this one to ask questions with my presumably too Low post count?

Thanks for your direction!

@Casualclick, I've posted the info on becoming a full member on your page as well as a link to the AHQ since you'll playing TS4, so that is where you need to be to look for or add your issues over there as this thread is for the Sims 3 players...😉
  • pbrover62pbrover62 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello :) Welcome to the forums.
    > Sometimes new discussion threads are restricted for new members. You may not be able to start a new thread until you become a full member.
    > If you have a Sims 3.game issue and are unable to find another thread with a similar issue , you are welcome to post on this thread and there will be simmers who will try to help you with your game issue.
    Hello in sims3 I built a house and garden but I cannot find a special tree that when placed in the garden it grows fruit and when I tell my sim to pick and eat a fruit my sims gains a skill or info towards a skill,but after having to remove my computer base and then reinstall I cannot now find this please can anyone help me.thankyou.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2019
    pbrover62 wrote: »
    Hello in sims3 I built a house and garden but I cannot find a special tree that when placed in the garden it grows fruit and when I tell my sim to pick and eat a fruit my sims gains a skill or info towards a skill,but after having to remove my computer base and then reinstall I cannot now find this please can anyone help me.thankyou.
    It's possible that I am not understanding the question correctly. Are you asking how to garden and build up the Gardening skill?
    https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/gardening/how-to-garden.php

Is this what you meant or did you really require a tree for placement that is already producing fruit on its own and that conveys skills other than Gardening? If so, this sounds like it may have been the Tree of Prosperity that I believe comes with the Lunar Lakes store world.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Right, in the Sims3 there is a tree I put in my garden that allows my sim to eat a fruit and gain knowledge.
    pbrover62 wrote: »
    Right, in the Sims3 there is a tree I put in my garden that allows my sim to eat a fruit and gain knowledge.
    Have you installed (reinstalled) Lunar Lakes? The tree wouldn't be available in-game if the world is not installed.
    https://store.thesims3.com/lunarlakes.html?categoryId=12642&section=UpSell

https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:47932&section=UpSell
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    > @igazor said:
    > (Quote)
    > Have you installed (reinstalled) Lunar Lakes? The tree wouldn't be available in-game if the world is not installed.
    > https://store.thesims3.com/lunarlakes.html?categoryId=12642&section=UpSell
    >
    > https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:47932&section=UpSell

> @igazor said:
    > (Quote)
    > Have you installed (reinstalled) Lunar Lakes? The tree wouldn't be available in-game if the world is not installed.
    > https://store.thesims3.com/lunarlakes.html?categoryId=12642&section=UpSell
    >
    > https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:47932&section=UpSell

I have all games installed without success which is why my post is made I would appreciate any more help please.
    edited September 2019
    @pbrover62 - I am sorry, but we seem to be going in circles here. Lunar Lakes is not part of the base game nor any of the Expansion/Stuff Packs. It is an EA world available for purchase from the TS3 Store and needs to be installed by way of the Launcher. When you start a new game (as a test), does Lunar Lakes show up as an available world for use?

If so, then the tree should be available in Buy Mode, under Decor objects.
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Tree_of_Prosperity
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • chelseawallchelseawall Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I hope im posting on the right thread but i couldnt find one relating to custom content.
    I have been using custom clothing and hair etc for a while on the game and it seems to be fine.
    I recently decided i wanted to download some mods for some more interesting game play but they dont seem to be working.
    The CC files that work have a sim icon next to them and file type is `Sims 3 custom content' but when i download a mod or a skin overlay they all seem to be package files and the icon is just a white piece of paper, which means it isn't working i believe.

I have the nosparkles and no intro files which work...

Its frustrating because i know my custom content is working, ive done everything i can think of , tried extracting into all different folders rather than the mods folder but its just not working -_- ..
    edited September 2019
    @chelseawall - There is only one configuration that works for package based files whether they be mods or CC. It's not complicated to set up, but it is also not at all forgiving, there can be no deviation. You must have a Mods folder with three and only three things inside -- a Packages folder, an Overrides folder, and the required Resource.cfg file to make it all work. The package files go into Mods\Packages (not into Mods directly). There should be absolutely nothing else in Mods nor in Mods\Packages including no compressed zip, rar, or 7z files. The only deviation that is allowed is that content in Mods\Packages can be placed into subfolders within up to five levels deep for better organization, but that's not a requirement.

It does not matter which icon Windows assigns to package files. That's only for double-click to open associations, the game doesn't care about those. If you happened to have a package file editor like S3PE installed, then the files would pick up the icon for that application but it's totally not necessary if you aren't going to be creating and editing your own package files.

As you have mentioned the two sample mods and that they are working, it sounds like your setup is correct but let's confirm that. Do things look exactly like the illustrations here, not counting differences around the edges for different operating systems?
    http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

And, this is not optional, after the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way, the five cache files on the top level of the TS3 user game folder must be cleared (deleted). They will respawn on the next startup.

If you still have no results after all of that, may I ask exactly which mods you are trying to add to your game and which patch level your game is running on? One package file that refuses to load for whatever reason (example, it's really a TS2 or TS4 package file) can sometimes prevent everything else that would have loaded afterwards during the startup sequence from doing so.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • magrgu16magrgu16 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello, I've encountered a new Sims 3 issue and hoping someone here might have some insight for me.

Tonight I made 2 changes to my game: I added the StoryProgression mod and I bought/downloaded/installed about 20 items from the online Sims store into my game. After making these two changes, my game suddenly crashes. I open it and launch it through Origin, it makes it through the first loading screen and allows me to select the Sim town I want to play. Then the game crashes and kicks me back to desktop during that second loading period, before my town or my Sims' house has loaded.

I've tried all kinds of stuff:
    -Completely deleted the StoryProgression package
    -Deleted caches
    -Cut all my mods/packages from my Sims folder and pasted on desktop
    -Tried to run the game without custom content (I assume that means the stuff I bought through the online store?)
    -Logged out of Origin and logged back in
    -Shut down computer and restarted
    -Tried playing in Origin offline mode

Nothing has worked and I get the same crash every time on that second loading screen. Any suggestions for me?
  • lizzie25lizzie25 Posts: 2 New Member
    i need a copy of the coded file uncoded i cant uncode it
    lizzie25 wrote: »
    i need a copy of the coded file uncoded i cant uncode it
    Can you perhaps be a bit more specific as to what you are seeking? Uncoded file of what? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • simkongsimkong Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone, wondering if I could get any help with this.

I bought a new Sims 3 Generations disc copy back in 2011 and registered the code through the setup wizard during installation. The expansion is still playable through the Sims 3 Launcher, but it does not show up as being owned by me on Origin, nor the Sims community website. The game is currently installed in the "Electronic Arts" directory instead of the Origin one. I tried to use the code to register it on my Origin games library but it said the key had already been validated. I added multiple other expansions that all registered on Origin fine.

I want to put it on Origin so I can reinstall it without the disc on other devices. Any idea of what I should do?
    edited October 2019
    @simkong - Hi there. The codes to register the game and its EP/SPs can only be used once each. If you were the one and only registrant, possibly you used a different account or email address/pw combo back then to register it for yourself? I'm afraid the only way to sort this out entirely is to contact Customer Support (see the Help menu at the bottom of these forum pages on full-sized browser windows) for a real time conversation, whether that be by text chat or telephone callback, so they can look into your account and tell you what happened to the Generations EP. Hopefully they can fix this for you or if you can prove ownership of what was the original disc, provide a new code that works for you.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • tieraneytieraney Posts: 2 New Member
    I've recently wiped my laptop and reinstalled everything: Origin, sims 3 base game, expansion and stuff packs and I tried to get the framework folder with nointro.package and NoBuildSparkles.package. The framework is set up in my ts3 folder but the intro still plays when I start the game. I tried deleting and redownloading the framework file several times, moved the ts3 folder to the desktop so the game would spawn a new one but nothing has worked.

My laptop is a windows 8 hp pavilion and my game patch is at 1.69.43.024017 and I think the graphics card is AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9874)

please if anyone has advice I would really appreciate it
    edited October 2019
    @tieraney - I have responded on your post to my wall and on your thread at MTS. We need to see the screenshots you mentioned already having in order to see if something appears to be out of place.

Edit: Issue resolved, I see that puzzlezaddict was able to spot the problem when you shared your Mods folder screenshots on Answers.HQ.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Simmer3550Simmer3550 Posts: 28 Member
    I can't delete my exchange uploads. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
  • GlintsGlints Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I hope this is the right place to post this. I've been having an issue with my Sims 3 installation, or rather a specific expansion. I currently own the base Sims 3 game, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Seasons, Showtime, Supernatural, and University Life. As far as I can tell, they are all working EXCEPT for University Life. I have everything owned and installed through Origin, but in the Sims 3 launcher, when I go to "Expansions and Stuff" it lists all those except for University Life, despite Origin saying that it's installed. I also do NOT have any mods installed, I only just got the game/expansions for the first time recently, so I haven't even touched mods yet.

So far, I have tried repairing/verifying game files, uninstalling/reinstalling, and cutting back on the amount of expansions installed at once, but none of those things fixed it, and as this is a weird issue, I haven't thought of anything else that could be causing this. I even went into the installation directory to see if the files were there at least, and they are, I guess the game just isn't registering that they are there. I'm not entirely sure though.

I did try searching around on forums and such, but most threads I found were from 2013/2014 and they went through processes that I can't seem to do anymore, since the game/launcher is a different, newer version now. For instance, I saw some people suggest uninstalling just the base game and reinstalling it, but with the launcher version we have now, you can't do that. Origin on the other hand only lets you uninstall everything at once, so that's sort of out the window.

Also to be clear, I found this issue out when I tried to get a roommate after adding another floor to my house, but then I noticed the option wasn't even in the phone. It was after that happened that I noticed the expansion wasn't appearing on the list in the launcher. So the game for sure isn't registering the files as being there, rather than loading the files but just not displaying that it's installed.
    edited October 2019
    @Glints - It is possible that the Uni EP is being blocked on EA's end. This could be a mistake, or it could be that you registered a stolen code from an unauthorized retailer some time ago and EA has only just gotten around to revoking it. When this happens, it tends to do so with no warnings or notifications.

The only way to find out for sure is to contact Customer Support for a real time conversation by way of text chat or telephone callback and ask them to investigate what happened to the EP on your account.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Glints wrote: »
    Hello, I hope this is the right place to post this. I've been having an issue with my Sims 3 installation, or rather a specific expansion. I currently own the base Sims 3 game, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Seasons, Showtime, Supernatural, and University Life. As far as I can tell, they are all working EXCEPT for University Life. I have everything owned and installed through Origin, but in the Sims 3 launcher, when I go to "Expansions and Stuff" it lists all those except for University Life, despite Origin saying that it's installed. I also do NOT have any mods installed, I only just got the game/expansions for the first time recently, so I haven't even touched mods yet.

So far, I have tried repairing/verifying game files, uninstalling/reinstalling, and cutting back on the amount of expansions installed at once, but none of those things fixed it, and as this is a weird issue, I haven't thought of anything else that could be causing this. I even went into the installation directory to see if the files were there at least, and they are, I guess the game just isn't registering that they are there. I'm not entirely sure though.

I did try searching around on forums and such, but most threads I found were from 2013/2014 and they went through processes that I can't seem to do anymore, since the game/launcher is a different, newer version now. For instance, I saw some people suggest uninstalling just the base game and reinstalling it, but with the launcher version we have now, you can't do that. Origin on the other hand only lets you uninstall everything at once, so that's sort of out the window.

Also to be clear, I found this issue out when I tried to get a roommate after adding another floor to my house, but then I noticed the option wasn't even in the phone. It was after that happened that I noticed the expansion wasn't appearing on the list in the launcher. So the game for sure isn't registering the files as being there, rather than loading the files but just not displaying that it's installed.

@Glints - Did you buy it from Origin too?
  • SiniUnicornnSiniUnicornn Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi!
    I have been trying for several days to book a tour for my sim and send her trough simport. It said "failed to book tour. try again". I tried deleting cc and mods, sending it only to one friend, moved my sim to a new city, sunset valley that never has any bugs to my game, Made a copy of the save, deleting all caches etc in the sims 3 files folders, tried turning windows firewall off.
    Nothing seems to work...
    is this on EAs side or is there a "cure" for this haha.
  • BillFlowerpotBillFlowerpot Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi. For the Sims 3 does anyone know of a mod to prevent fountains from freezing and garden plants including trees from being snow covered indoors.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Hi. For the Sims 3 does anyone know of a mod to prevent fountains from freezing and garden plants including trees from being snow covered indoors.

Hi @BillFlowerpot Rooms, even with greenhouse roofs, need to have floor tiles placed as ceiling for the game to see them as indoor spaces. When the area is completely enclosed, plants don't go dormant in colder weather. Guessing fountains might be handled the same by the game but not sure. I can't remember if flooring is also required, but if it is, you can plant your harvestables in the planters that came with Supernatural or on the soil rugs that came with Into the Future. It's also possible to use the "moveobjects on" cheat to place them on flooring.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • jonny522jonny522 Posts: 179 Member
    edited October 2019
    Wrong forum.
    Post edited by jonny522 on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top