Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your Sims 4 University Expectations?

13...Next

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    The only thing I would be interested in is new active careers, frat, sororities, and more sports. Hopefully a pool table...

I would love to see some new active careers too.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited September 2019
    Low
    I want to be able to say my expectations are high. This is the one pack i've been waiting for since ts4 came out. But based on the quality and lackluster gameplay we have been getting lately I don't expect it live up to what I would want to see in a university pack.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    High
    My expectations are actually high (not very high) as I don't see a way they can really mess-up this EP, and it's one of my favourites. But we shall see.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Low
    Even when i was still a university student, i loved sending my sim to a university, but i keep my expectation low because it's sims 4.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Don't Care/Other
    After IL and ROM I don't think EA has the mustard to wow us. Not mention every time something new comes it always breaks 10 others things. Stairs going no place. Empty houses.
  • T0xicCUpcakesT0xicCUpcakes Posts: 3 New Member
    Very Low
    Honestly? It's low. The last few packs have been buggy, brought loads of glitches and really weren't worth the money.

Then again it might pleasantly surprise me. Who knows? Regardless I'm not going to hold my breath. With a bit of luck we'll at least get pool tables and juice kegs. Throw in a comic book store and that'll make it more ok. Still not optimistic though...
  • RobotBeesRobotBees Posts: 145 Member
    Low
    My philosophy in life is to have low expectations for everything, that way I'm never overly disappointed but when things go well, I'm pleasantly surprised (:
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Don't Care/Other
    I am not going to buy it. Period. Passed on RoM because of stupid bugs, shallow gameplay, and deceptive advertising, so University is at the bottom of my want list right now. Why take the chance at being disappointed and taken advantage of again, is my thought on this EP. I took a chance with the Moschino stuff pack because I didn't think the teams could nerf the new freelance photographer career, and I wanted a way to take better photos in many different locations with my Sim families. Well, we know how that turned out. After the disappointments that came along with the three lastest packs, any hope I had left for this game went right out the window. In all my years of being a fan of the franchise, I have to say my confidence in the devs is at an all-time low. I have had it with depending on the modding community to fix this game. And when so many players are having difficulties, the only solution EA has to offer is yet another update and pack that will, without a doubt, add to the long list of issues already in place, and are largely ignored by the teams as being their responsibility to fix. When asked when we can expect these issues to be addressed, their reply is always the same: They're working on the problems. How can they be working on existing problems that are well known and crippling the game, when all they seem to be doing is working on new packs that add even more issues that might not ever be resolved. Adding new problems to the old problems is not a solution. It's a recipe for more disappointment and even more issues.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Don't Care/Other
    I expect a month or so of people either whipping themselves into a frenzy of high expectations or else predicting that it will be garbage... and then the result varying highly from person to person depending on which of their personal preferences were actually included.

At least, it seems that's how things go around here. :)

But having not played previous versions of University, I have no expectations - good or bad. I can't say I'm super excited about it the way I was about Realm of Magic, but I'm intrigued as to what this might actually be.
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    Low
    keeping it low, to avoid disappointment. Best to do this because its EA.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Medium
    I'm expecting one destination world that's the University. If they give us 2, I'll be delighted. I'm expecting rabbithole classes. If we get hands-on labs and workshops (maybe pottery class?), that'll be great. I'm expecting pool tables, maybe bunkbeds, but not so sure about that.
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    Low
    Ideally this is a great opportunity to offer new careers that can only be acquired using a Uni degree, or other game play additions that rely on going to Uni, but I'm afraid I'll be disappointed as usual. The game play in sims 4 has been lacking since day one and I don't see that changing now. Hopefully we will at least get some nice build/buy objects and CAS items.
  • CanoroCanoro Posts: 8 New Member
    Medium
    I hope that other ages besides the one that was invented in the Sims 2 (Young Adult) get the treatment too. it is a reality that not only young adults go to school.
    children go to Elementary school in most parts of the world, High School or middle school exists in most parts of the world as a step before University.
    this is a great opportunity to bring us the education system to the sims that is not a rabbit hole. almost everybody can relate going to school.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Medium
    I was just thinking... they are going to have to integrate a lot of systems. How will they handle families when Sims are away in a dorm at University? How are they going to integrate the Seasons calendar and aging? How will a roommate system fit in?

I think this pack has been in development for a loooong time, as it’s more nifty than most of us seem to think.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    I never started playing the sims until Sims 3 and had to stop playing cause it was on the Wii & I could get the game to configure with my tv screen. So I have no ideas of what’ll what university was like so therefore ...I really don’t have many expectations.