Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why no new lot traits for realm of magic?

Would have liked to see some new lot traits for witches and wizards or even some new household traits.
For vampires we have 3 lot traits based on just vampires but none for witches or magic related.

I think a lot trait for more witches to appear kinda like vampire nexus one would have been nice to have. Or even some magic related household traits

Comments

• NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    I know right I would want that too. I don't know why they didn't put it. :(
  • craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    I would have loved a magic lot trait for making it easier for spells to work.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,052 Member
    I would have thought lot traits for Magic community lots to be a no brainer.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    I guess they didn't put any in cause magic is so easy. So it wouldn't make much of a difference.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I was hoping for a lot trait like the one in vampires that made vampire babies more likely to born. The same for witches!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    *sigh*

It just feels like there isnt that much depth to the packs anymore. Its all about being visually stunning but at the expense of depth and game play. It's so inconsistent too- we get some lot traits for island living, but mermaids (a lifestate) get no kind of recognition or animation when you become one. realm of magic has no lot traits but suddenly all those missing animations and recognition of life state change are back.

No lot traits, no CAS traits, so easy to become a spellcaster, no challenge to anything and the rewards are just rehashes of existing abilities available in game and other packs. Nothing new that makes being a spell caster individual and unique but at the same time becoming a spellcaster makes it entirely pointless doing anything else in game to earn abilities or skills when you can just become a spellcaster and quickly gain all those quirks with complete ease. Especially with the potion for needs being so simple and easy to craft the moment you start.

Its all just so superficial and not fleshed out, and not having any magic related lot traits only adds to that.
    I would like a lot trait for the babies aswell and for making houses only for wizards.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited September 2019
    I took it for granted that new lot traits would be included because it just seems like the logical thing to expect! Disappointed they chose not to include any. We could have had traits like 'witch hangout' or 'on a magical ley line' at the very least.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm not even surprised...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited September 2019
    Looks like they dont have a list that is up to date on things they should add in when there is a new pack. Like upgrade the clubsystem, holiday calendar, lot traits, do not forget toddlers! I have seen many of these mistakes before. Its just... *Sigh*
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would have liked a lot-trait that made spellcasters likely to visit the lot.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yeah!
    Where are the lot traits? The witchy hangout spot, the magical leyline?
    Where are the dialog options about spellcasters? Let our sims talk about magic existing. (Not just spellcasters talking about magic amongst themselves... what options can I pick when, say, my vampires stumble into the portal?)

The absence of small things like these makes me prefer the vampire pack. It's still the best one.
    Post edited by Magdaleena on

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yeah, I was expecting at least one lot trait and maybe a Skeptic trait for CAS to go along with this pack. In fact, they've been pretty stingy with new sim traits overall, haven't they? We only got 11 more traits from the packs, with only 1 emotional trait, 3 social ones, and the other 7 being in lifestyle. Only 2 traits, Jealous and Kleptomaniac, have been patched into the base game since launch. We've gotten no new traits in the hobby category at all, even though there have been ample opportunities with the various activities added through DLC. Compared to TS3 with just the base game and two expansion packs...it's kind of pathetic.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • RaichisimsRaichisims Posts: 61 Member
    Looks like they dont have a list that is up to date on things they should add in when there is a new pack. Like upgrade the clubsystem, holiday calendar, lot traits, do not forget toddlers! I have seen many of these mistakes before. Its just... *Sigh*

I feel you. When pets came out all I wanted was to make a club in get-together with cool pet features, but then was disappointed that I couldn't make a cat or dog lover club because there were no pet optoins added in it. I haven't tried making a club yet for ROM, but they did add a few features for Vampires so I hope they added for ROM too.
    Raichisims wrote: »

I feel you. When pets came out all I wanted was to make a club in get-together with cool pet features, but then was disappointed that I couldn't make a cat or dog lover club because there were no pet optoins added in it. I haven't tried making a club yet for ROM, but they did add a few features for Vampires so I hope they added for ROM too.

I did clubs for wizards, I did harry potter clubs and I wanted to make slytherin and gryffindor fighting each other and making magical duels but they don't have that option on the creating a club, the only thing you can choose is using the cauldron and making spells. Well better than nothing.
  • Sh0wtig3rSh0wtig3r Posts: 78 Member
    This title of the group speaks to me - i do love ROM but i truly wish some smaller stuff was added - new traits or new lot traits would be nice
    Yeah. A lot-trait that makes it possible for muggle-sims to have a spellcaster-child like Hermione.

It feels odd that this pack does not have a single lot-trait. That point makes it feel a bit unfinished. Don’t get me wrong, I love occult’s and spellcasters are my favorite, the realm is wonderful but the pack itself has some blind spots.

I might be remembering it wrong but the Vampire Pack felt more polished but I love this pack more just because it is my favorite kind of occult.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member

@FurSimsOfficial

But.. but its only a gameplay pack...
    I mean we got ''2 new Worlds'' who cares about lot traits. I rather have 2 new Worlds then lot traits.
    *Ironie off*

I just wanna copypaste a comment written by ''KittenKatana'' on SimsVip on your comment.

I keep reading people going back and forth about if this pack (Island living) should qualify as an expansion or a game pack based on the certain amount of objects, or the world, or the game play. And can I just say that it is so sad that we as paying customers really have to sit around and discuss if enough content was cut or enough content was added for it to be considered an expansion pack. We should not even be questioning if it's an expansion pack. It just blows my mind that it's like this now. I never remember feeling this way for any other version of this game. Game packs were literally the worst thing to ever come to the sims, I am sorry but it's how I truly feel at this point, I think they are a blatant scam. It gives them an excuse to cut so much content out and say it's okay because it's a "game pack". Now there's this annoying weird grey area where it's either just enough to be an expansion pack or it's too little content so it's a game pack. I miss when we'd get multiple occults in ONE expansion, and while they may not have been the most fleshed out, at least I felt like I was getting my money's worth.

_____

Its also confusing as hell and not really well thought out. We get pits and peaces of everything. I think as an example, that they will focus on Family Gameplay and adding more to the differente life states, but will just add it here and there as SimGuruGrant mentioned it. We have already 30DLC, most of them add halfed baked content, with a desire of wanting more and questions of why this stuff is not added, and why this is left out. At this point its overwhelming.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited September 2019
    PreCiious wrote: »

@FurSimsOfficial

But.. but its only a gameplay pack...
    I mean we got ''2 new Worlds'' who cares about lot traits. I rather have 2 new Worlds then lot traits.
    *Ironie off*

I just wanna copypaste a comment written by ''KittenKatana'' on SimsVip on your comment.

I keep reading people going back and forth about if this pack (Island living) should qualify as an expansion or a game pack based on the certain amount of objects, or the world, or the game play. And can I just say that it is so sad that we as paying customers really have to sit around and discuss if enough content was cut or enough content was added for it to be considered an expansion pack. We should not even be questioning if it's an expansion pack. It just blows my mind that it's like this now. I never remember feeling this way for any other version of this game. Game packs were literally the worst thing to ever come to the sims, I am sorry but it's how I truly feel at this point, I think they are a blatant scam. It gives them an excuse to cut so much content out and say it's okay because it's a "game pack". Now there's this annoying weird grey area where it's either just enough to be an expansion pack or it's too little content so it's a game pack. I miss when we'd get multiple occults in ONE expansion, and while they may not have been the most fleshed out, at least I felt like I was getting my money's worth.

_____

Its also confusing as hell and not really well thought out. We get pits and peaces of everything. I think as an example, that they will focus on Family Gameplay and adding more to the differente life states, but will just add it here and there as SimGuruGrant mentioned it. We have already 30DLC, most of them add halfed baked content, with a desire of wanting more and questions of why this stuff is not added, and why this is left out. At this point its overwhelming.

It is not a matter of choice. If you implant big systems like the club or calendar systems where your gameplay relies on in a game, then they need to be updated whenever something is added that actually has a relation with those systems. Not updating lot traits, regular traits or calender events, club activities is just straight out weird. This should be the priority over anything else. Now a world, that is a choice, not prior to a system that lays within the game itself.

How many times I have seen new activities that came with a pack, not being updated in the club system and it totally blocks out a variety of gameplay options when lot traits are not given that go with the theme. I always see comments how the community thinks they need to choose either this or that.. but why cut down when you have all the right to just ask for more. it is not like we get much in TS4 anyway...
    Asking and giving feedback does not cost anything, but could open up so much doors.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited October 2019
    _____
    Post edited by PreCiious on
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    I was also disappointed with the absence of new lot traits. I really hoped for a lot trait to make a magical lot outside of the magic realm (autonomous magic by unplayed sims, more spellcasters as visitors) a place where magic is normal and welcome. It wouldn't even have to be added to a premade lot, just give the possibility to people who want it.

And I'm also missing a magical leyline lot trait. I hoped to get a spellcaster version of the vampire leyline. It would have been fun to get a few unplanned spellcasters that way.

Somehow I get the feeling the developers don't think through all the possibilities like they used to do. Just little things that are left out or not checked ingame before shipping it.
    redrogue60 wrote: »

I feel the same way. I was expecting something like this to be included.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There is nothing about RoM that would require any new lot traits. Magic is used in the realm and wherever your sim decides to use it. With the exception of brooms and possibly teleporting, magic isn't used in the "normal" worlds. So what lot traits does everyone think is needed?
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I was also disappointed with the absence of new lot traits. I really hoped for a lot trait to make a magical lot outside of the magic realm (autonomous magic by unplayed sims, more spellcasters as visitors) a place where magic is normal and welcome. It wouldn't even have to be added to a premade lot, just give the possibility to people who want it.

And I'm also missing a magical leyline lot trait. I hoped to get a spellcaster version of the vampire leyline. It would have been fun to get a few unplanned spellcasters that way.

Somehow I get the feeling the developers don't think through all the possibilities like they used to do. Just little things that are left out or not checked ingame before shipping it.
    redrogue60 wrote: »

I feel the same way. I was expecting something like this to be included.

Yes!!

I mean I really appreciate the fact that I only see spellcasters walking by in Glimmerbrook, that is great. It might just be my save and I have drawn the wrong conclusions but for my part I get the impression that Glimmerbrook just like Sulani will not be overrun by the population of the save and that there are certain groups that do swing by. Awesome!

Not having any kind of lot-trait really puts a damper on things. I am so so disappointed at not having a spellcaster-version of vampire leyline and I will not stop saying so.To be fair there should have been one for the mermaids as well.