Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Men and Flirting

Comments

• ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited September 2019
    Simmingal wrote: »
    you have just made me feel very gay when i realize i prefer feminine flirting dudes to masculine flirting dudes.... oh well.

Nothing wrong with that. However, more options are always nice.

Not everyone likes the same frosting on their cake :)

Edit: Wow, that was a terrible metaphor.

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    NoTalent wrote: »
    Sexual preference does not factor into how people/Sims would flirt. I think they just used an animation somewhere in-between and called it a day.

Sadly, the days of separate animations for male and female are closing out. People may be upset that their Sim is not feminine enough or whatnot.

The good news is that you can import your own animations!

I know, it's all the same regardless (feminine). We should have an option though.

I think I see what you are saying

You want the differences between how men show affection both subtle and not so subtle with body language and actions.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/actions-speak-louder-than-words-12-ways-men-show-their-love_b_6851744

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Does anyone else have a problem with how feminine flirting for men is in the game?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

It has never bothered me any more than any other cartoony animation in The Sims.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yeah men do flirt in feminine way, I don't like it.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Does anyone else have a problem with how feminine flirting for men is in the game?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

It has never bothered me any more than any other cartoony animation in The Sims.

Okay, so maybe I take the game more seriously than you do. I really like to get immersed in my characters. I like to involve myself in the lives they are living and take every action they do into account.

You see it as a cartoonie simulation. That's fine.

I like to immerse myself in the world, which is why I'm so particular about Sim behavior, and which is why I'm so nit-picky about certain bugs and behavior that doesn't at least somewhat follow real human behavior.
  • Silver_Ghost925Silver_Ghost925 Posts: 40 Member
    In the cartoonish, utopian world that is TS4, I think it being funny comes before what would be considered realistic. Don't get me wrong, I would also like to make some of my sims manlier or more feminine, independent of gender, but it is such a subjective matter that I can look past in this game.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I have no solution for the flirting issue, but to create more masculine men the walk styles may be an option. I think they are often overlooked.

For me the erotic behavior in the game is not too feminine, but too silly in general. I think everyone needs some more spice here, gay men included.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    In the cartoonish, utopian world that is TS4, I think it being funny comes before what would be considered realistic. Don't get me wrong, I would also like to make some of my sims manlier or more feminine, independent of gender, but it is such a subjective matter that I can look past in this game.

I'd be perfectly fine with it being some over the top cartoony muscle flex or something. It's not so much that its cartoony, it's just jarring.
  • isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    edited September 2019
    Honestly I totally get where you’re coming from... okay I mostly get where you’re coming from... but sims 4 is just very cartoonish, you have to take all the animations with a grain of salt.

Edit: now that I think about it, the flirting style doesn’t fit my more masculine sims. There should be more options for how masculine vs. feminine sims act in various situations. Actually it would be a great addition to the gender customization! (Or just a general personality slider)
    edited September 2019
    isaiahzay wrote: »
    Honestly I totally get where you’re coming from... okay I mostly get where you’re coming from... but sims 4 is just very cartoonish, you have to take all the animations with a grain of salt.

I get that, but there's some changes they could make to the game where it wouldn't be so cartoonish. They could actually add a lot of real drama to the game with a few changes. Right now everyone sees the game as that "funny little game" Give it some real drama and I bet they'll really rake in the cash. Main point being how you want your character to act in the world. Sometimes I really feel like Maxis has no clue what they have in their possession. What they have is amazing. What they are doing with it... not so much.

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    Not really. I don’t think the over exaggerated flirting animations are realistic in general (for any gender/sexual preference) but it doesn’t bother me. Maybe I’m just used to it. I wonder if there is a mod for more masculine flirting animations that you could use.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I just hate the interaction where the man jumps in the woman’s arms and not the other way around. Very unrealistic.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I'll take any new romantic options I can get.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Eh I think the animation is just abit cheesy in general with the whole wave and air kiss. It fits in with the cartoony theme though so I won't complain if it stays or goes. The only question is what would replace it for masculine sims?
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I just hate the interaction where the man jumps in the woman’s arms and not the other way around. Very unrealistic.
    I was going to question at first whether you meant the animation as a whole, but uh you know there are strong chicks, right?
    Would be funny if sims with low fitness end up dropping them though
    EMrBkJP.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I think the flirting animation is cute. ;)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    censor yourself. censor yourself. censor yourself. censor yourself. censor yourself.

I wish I actually did yoga. It seems so relaxing.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    There is to much flirting. It has ruined over a dozen marriages thus the reason marriage is now against the law. Male and female can live together but don't even think about getting married.
    There is to much flirting. It has ruined over a dozen marriages thus the reason marriage is now against the law. Male and female can live together but don't even think about getting married.

Ha, a crazy world you're playing. I've played worlds where it seemed a bit out of control. Then I've also played worlds where you'd think everyone was abstinent. Honestly it got a little boring. No marriage dramas, just work, sleep, eat. Zzzzzz... BORING lol
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited September 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Eh, most of the time one or both of the Sims in my couples has superhuman strength anyways, so for my gameplay, it's a moot point. I think it's the animation that comes after one Sim accepts another's proposal, isn't it? If so, it's a situation you can easily avoid if it matters to you, because you control who proposes to who. (EDIT: I think doctor Sims also get a romantic option to "check for fever" that involves picking up the Sim and rocking them back and forth, but again, it's avoidable if you don't think your Sim should be able to do that.)

Even when I'm not playing vampires or aliens (or ghosts who presumably don't weigh much), I like seeing tiny, non-muscular Sims being able to do things that tiny, non-muscular me could never do. This has always been the point of the game. Everything's an option. Avoid the options you don't like, and don't begrudge any other players for liking them.

@Vampris That would be hilarious if low fitness Sims sometimes dropped their new fiances. Or at least visibly strained to hold them up. ^_^ (Actually, if I think about it, it'd be a funny animation all around, because realistically very few people are strong enough to hold another adult who unexpectedly leaps into their arms without showing some kind of strain.)

I agree the flirting animations are cute and most are not realistic for anyone, nor were they meant to be.
    Post edited by katrinasforest on
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited September 2019
    When they were creating the game, they said that they had created separate animations for both genders. The Sexy Pose and some idles are examples of that. Can you give an example of which you find to be too feminine so I can check them out? It isn't something I've noticed.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited September 2019
    Honestly? All men have some form of feminine traits about themselves and most don't realise it or that they are expressing those at the time and don't notice, so it isn't entirely unsurprising if some men do come off as being a bit more.. different than usual. Cartoonish or not, there is an element of truth to it even so.

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Don't know about flirting, but I'd like for guys to have more guy specific interactions. I want my male sims to watch a sports game with their friends, root for a team, and swear etc stuff like that.
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    There's always the one.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.