Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »
    I think the community’s demand for multiple packs per year is detrimental to the game. I firmly believe that the game would be better served with annual or even biennial large expansion releases.
    I miss that too. Honestly I would have been happy with just Island Living and Realms of Magic being released this year. I have never been a fan a SPs, and find them an useless distraction from work that could have been done for the base game and EPs beyond just the Sims 4, but Sims 3 and 2 as well.

With the way the release schedule is now, I feel like the best they can do is add content to the “edges” of the game without ever really deepening or changing the game in a meaningful way.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    It worries me when people call townies who are darker-skinned, older, or pear-shaped "trash" or "vermin." I know these Sims are just computer-generated objects, but they represent real people, and I always wonder if the people saying those things feel that way about real-life people as well.

Yes, I feel this way too.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    My opinion is the only one that matters. B)
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    I like the oversized objects, as I usually have my Sins purchase big lots, and never know what to fill them with, but also mist of the large objects we have, I don't think could or should be smaller.
  • sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    -The Sims 4 is my favorite, I do have issues with it, but I love the graphics, CAS, and packs. Most of the worlds are beautiful despite not having many lots.
    -I don't miss open world.
    -Modern builds can be really dull and boring.
    -I felt like the odd one out when I was super excited for RoM haha. Most people I know were upset it wasn't university, but I love the supernatural/magic parts of The Sims.
  • NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    NezImani wrote: »
    The most I miss about sims 3 is cars, having a garage, and the open world. Even with the bugs, yeah I said it! >:)

Hahaha

Out of curiosity - why do you "miss" Sims 3 period? Why can't you just chose to play your Sims 3 game? I mean - when and IF - I miss one of my other games - well I go play them, not expect my present game to become the missed one of course - why have two of the same game anyway? I respect the Sims games as much for their differences as for areas of related likeness - but by no means do I want them to be just alike. Why would I even buy a game just like one I already have anyway - they all need to be different from one another and have individuality - otherwise aren't they just the same game renewed?

The computer which had my sims 3 games no longer worked. Some time passed before I got a new computer. By that time, Sims 4 had came out. I decided to try out sims 4 before reinstalling my sims 3 games and playing sims 3 again.

When I tried reinstalling my sims 3 games the first time on the new computer, I kept getting installation issues and errors which as much as I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, never resulted in me having my sims 3 games installed in my new computer. I have a mac.

Unfortunately that is the reason I am not able to play sims 3 whenever I miss it :|

• DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    Newcrest has the best thunder storms. I miss them when I'm playing in a different world.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think the community’s demand for multiple packs per year is detrimental to the game. I firmly believe that the game would be better served with annual or even biennial large expansion releases.
    I miss that too. Honestly I would have been happy with just Island Living and Realms of Magic being released this year. I have never been a fan a SPs, and find them an useless distraction from work that could have been done for the base game and EPs beyond just the Sims 4, but Sims 3 and 2 as well.

I think the demand comes from the lack of packs over the last few years (granted this has changed now), like before Vampires was released, the game had some very lacklustre packs, I mean they were nice, but nothing overly exciting.
    Yeah I don't care for most of the stuff packs since they do feel lackluster. But like there have been 15 SPs compared to 8 GPs and 7 EPs and people still want more SPs. Honestly it has exceeded the amount of SPs the other Sims games has. Yet people wonder why we complain why the Sims 4 lacks gameplay. The numbers speak for themselves. I feel like packs over the past few years has offered more gameplay than the first couple years, but maybe that is an unpopular opinion as well as thinking Stuff Packs are nothing more than clutter to slow computers down with like the free CC packs people complain about slowing their computers down. I see no difference from Stuff Packs and what the modding community offers for free.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    Trashmagic wrote: »

I think Outdoor Retreat is the best game pack. :#

I also love Outdoor Retreat! It makes me sad to see it get so little love, especially since someone I love gave it to me. But the clothes and hair are super versatile, granite falls is beautiful, and a lot of the decor I find super usable as well. Plus I love love love the herbalism skill since my Sims always garden. Game packs can be really well-done but also very niche (like vampires, though I love it) and I feel like Outdoor Retreat does a great job of easily crossing different play styles and boundaries.

I wish the herbalism skill was easier to use. It's not that easy to make the potions on account of the collectables you can only get in GF, and of course if a sim spends time there that's less time to do other things like school and work. It also seems to rain there a lot! But I do love the pack anyway.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't know who Baby Ariel is (is she really popular enough to feature in the game?) At least Katy Perry was very well known when the Sweet Treats pack was released.

I've never heard of her either.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

I think the demand comes from the lack of packs over the last few years (granted this has changed now), like before Vampires was released, the game had some very lacklustre packs, I mean they were nice, but nothing overly exciting.
    Yeah I don't care for most of the stuff packs since they do feel lackluster. But like there have been 15 SPs compared to 8 GPs and 7 EPs and people still want more SPs. Honestly it has exceeded the amount of SPs the other Sims games has. Yet people wonder why we complain why the Sims 4 lacks gameplay. The numbers speak for themselves. I feel like packs over the past few years has offered more gameplay than the first couple years, but maybe that is an unpopular opinion as well as thinking Stuff Packs are nothing more than clutter to slow computers down with like the free CC packs people complain about slowing their computers down. I see no difference from Stuff Packs and what the modding community offers for free.

Yeah, Stuff Packs should just be called Clutter Packs instead, now I'm all for more CAS items, but the stuff packs are just filled with clutter or reskinned items.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    Stutum wrote: »
    I don't know who Baby Ariel is (is she really popular enough to feature in the game?) At least Katy Perry was very well known when the Sweet Treats pack was released.

Same, no clue who she is. I have also never heard of Mochisno either...Do I live under a rock or something? lol.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I'm more interested in romance pack than university and idk how realistic players prioritize school over love : (

my sims are sad and they need some love okay?

Yes, I said this a while ago but there was so much push back. Hopefully they are working on something.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member

Same, no clue who she is. I have also never heard of Mochisno either...Do I live under a rock or something? lol.

Yeah me neither, I think Mochisno sounds like a low-budget kitchen appliance. xD Haha, perhaps we both do. =P
  • eilemaeilema Posts: 7 New Member
    - i don't like pets and i have no desire to get the pets pack
    - i find gameplay to be pretty boring without some sort of challenge involved
    - i don't like the idea of any supernatural beings in the game - i'm more boring i suppose as i like more realistic gameplay haha
  • May90May90 Posts: 16 Member
    I agree I do not like the supernatural beings either. E.g. Vampires, Mermaids etc
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    So I have actually played with laundry machines for more that 5 minutes and they’re awful. I hate how you need a mod to make sims automatically start the washer/drier after you add clothing.

I also hate the upgrade part system. It just makes stuff overly complicated.
  • I just need a Freetime Expansion at this point and another pack to round out teens/non-YA sims. Anything extra is just going to be a sweet bonus. Oh and a LOT more hobbies/Fun Objects like pool tables. And pool actvities/water related games.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sims 4 is my favorite sims game. It has reinvigorated my love of the sims franchise. I have more fun playing sims 4 than I did with Sims 2 at the end. Around 2009, I still had Sims 2 on my computer and it was just sitting on there, not being played. At the end there I just found TS2 boring....

If Sims 5 is even better than sims 4, then im going to spend countless hours playing it too.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

Yeah me neither, I think Mochisno sounds like a low-budget kitchen appliance. xD Haha, perhaps we both do. =P

Lol! I thought it was some weird coffee thing too, xD I guess we live under a very big rock...lmao.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top