Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Itadakimasu!

For the Sims 3 Store Item(s) Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining...Is this a venue that my Sims can eat at? Or just the items to create my own restaurant/venue? If I was to create a Japanese Inspired Restaurant and take my Sims there would they be able to order food/eat there without any additional Expansions or Store Items? I know the Bistro from The Sims 3 store adds additional game play by giving you a restaurant and the ability to order food...but what about this Japanese set?
angrycat.gif

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    It is not a venue. Venues are listed as part of the objects you get when buying a set.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Its just the oven and the assorted decorations to make your own Japanese restaurant.
    No lot or building is included.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    Thank you.

If I was to make my own restaurant does it function as a restaurant?
    angrycat.gif
    edited September 2019
    Thank you.

I think you need to be controlling the sim to use the grill unless NPC's use it as well but I don't think so. Either way, there is no "order" option like in the Bistro set. It functions like the woodfire oven that comes with Monte Vista.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited September 2019
    Thank you.

There are some sets that include stoves/ovens that produce a chef/waiter. The two that come to mind are the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery Venue NRAAS Cupcake mod helps this function.

A bakery I built using this set.
    Spectral-Bakery0022.jpg

This thread from the Store section covers it fairly thoroughly.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/747068/bakery-amp-old-mill-builds-please-post-your-pics-and-links#latest

And there is the 'Business as Usual Bistro' with the Bakers Oven and Menu that produces a chef. I've never run either as a business but have used them to send sims out for meals or to buy food to take home.

This pic is of another bakery, but I used both sets here. The Bakers Oven and the Bakery set. The chef you see in the picture was produced by the Bakers Oven Bistro Set Stove and Menu from the Business as Usual Bistro.
    GDB02.jpg
    I believe there is a mod that will produce a separate waiter. As it comes from the store only one sim is produced to do both the Chef and Waiter roles.

If you have Into the Future Expansion there is a fridge sort of thing - forget what it's called now - that will produce a waiter if you place it on a community lot.

This is a pic of the waiter produced by the Into the Future fridge
    FantasyBakery0008.jpg

I have placed the grill from Itadakimasu set on a community lot but it doesn't produce a chef. You sim can go there and cook on it though.
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    Thank you for the information. =)

I think the grill looks really cool, but I don't think it will be worth it for me.
    angrycat.gif
    Thank you for the information. =)

I think the grill looks really cool, but I don't think it will be worth it for me.

It's best to get it while it's at the DD rotation.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I agree that it's worth buying on DD even if it doesn't work in a restaurant because it has some great animations and gives your sims several new dishes to eat :) This is one of my sims having a little trouble with egg tossing :D
    47667196992_ab12a376d9_o.jpg
    47667196832_cdb074fa43_o.jpg
    47667196692_92890b8513_o.jpg
    47667196512_c86e2c9948_o.jpg
    47667196072_db967a6e06_o.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I agree, it is good to have the grill in your game to get the recipes. And it is a lot of fun to watch your sim using it. It is a very animated experience.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Thank you.

I think you need to be controlling the sim to use the grill unless NPC's use it as well but I don't think so. Either way, there is no "order" option like in the Bistro set. It functions like the woodfire oven that comes with Monte Vista.

Yes, hungry NPC's will use it to make their own food, but there is no chef that cooks for everyone else, like with other stove items.

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures