Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    It worries me when people call townies who are darker-skinned, older, or pear-shaped "trash" or "vermin." I know these Sims are just computer-generated objects, but they represent real people, and I always wonder if the people saying those things feel that way about real-life people as well.

I agree with this.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    • I think a farming pack is overrated. I already have farms in my games that work beautifully with the gardening update, I don’t need pigs, chickens, cows, or horses.
    • I like the gardening update.

Yeah I don’t want farm animals either.

My only issues with the gardening update are needing to evolve every single plant manually by clicking which is annoying, and how difficult it is to get results from splicing plants. Trying to get a cowplant berry without mods would probably take a sim’s entire adulthood on long.
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    It worries me when people call townies who are darker-skinned, older, or pear-shaped "trash" or "vermin." I know these Sims are just computer-generated objects, but they represent real people, and I always wonder if the people saying those things feel that way about real-life people as well.

I agree with this.

what I didn't know people say that. Thats awful. I don't really like to play that much with older sims but I don't disrespect them I let them live and die of old age. And I do have a special bond with all sims I create so even when they are old I like to see them well even if I don't play with them.
    In the end they are the parents or grandparents of my sims. I really like to have a big family tree with grandgrandgrandparents.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I don't think anyone said anything about darker-skinned people or pear-shaped people on this thread
    I did see something about elders but I'm sure they were only referring to the game making to many of them at times
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    The most I miss about sims 3 is cars, having a garage, and the open world. Even with the bugs, yeah I said it! >:)

Hahaha
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I want to log into the equivalent of Amazon, where I order stuff, and have it delivered on my porch.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Get Famous is one of the best EP's.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member

I don't think anyone said anything about darker-skinned people or pear-shaped people on this thread
    I did see something about elders but I'm sure they were only referring to the game making to many of them at times

Not in this thread, just in general
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

QueenMercy wrote: »
    • I think a farming pack is overrated. I already have farms in my games that work beautifully with the gardening update, I don’t need pigs, chickens, cows, or horses.
    • I like the gardening update.

Yeah I don’t want farm animals either.

My only issues with the gardening update are needing to evolve every single plant manually by clicking which is annoying, and how difficult it is to get results from splicing plants. Trying to get a cowplant berry without mods would probably take a sim’s entire adulthood on long.

Considering how needy dogs are, I don’t even want to speculate how annoying a farm full of animals would be.

NADYSOPHIE wrote: »

I agree with this.

what I didn't know people say that. Thats awful. I don't really like to play that much with older sims but I don't disrespect them I let them live and die of old age. And I do have a special bond with all sims I create so even when they are old I like to see them well even if I don't play with them.
    In the end they are the parents or grandparents of my sims. I really like to have a big family tree with grandgrandgrandparents.

It wasn’t on this thread it was on another thread and those were pretty much the poster’s exact words. I saw it just before Rounpucelle made her post here and it bothered me when I saw it because it seemed pretty aggressive and venomous.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread. :)

• Get Famous is one of the best EP's.

agreed.

I know number of lots is the prime factor to a lot of players (myself included) which Del Small Valley had failed to offer, but let us not all forget how Get Famous substantially expanded a huge amount of base game mechanics like how the fame and reputation system affects all them careers and social interactions and actions which our sims do.

this defines what a true expansion pack should be; not just adding content but also expanding existing mechanics in a good way.
    y'all got bread?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    • I think cats and dogs was overrated. I love Brindleton Bay, the CAS, and BB items. But I never play with the pets because they are too pluming needy.

I didn't play with the pets very much, either. At least the familiars from Realm of Magic aren't needy.
    Pretty cool you can make pets as familiars too except the hamsters and dolphins I think.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I think the community’s demand for multiple packs per year is detrimental to the game. I firmly believe that the game would be better served with annual or even biennial large expansion releases.
    I miss that too. Honestly I would have been happy with just Island Living and Realms of Magic being released this year. I have never been a fan a SPs, and find them an useless distraction from work that could have been done for the base game and EPs beyond just the Sims 4, but Sims 3 and 2 as well.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2019

No, I was just expressing my unpopular opinion about something I've frequently seen in other threads. :)

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I don't think dogs are too needy in Sims 4.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »
    I think the community’s demand for multiple packs per year is detrimental to the game. I firmly believe that the game would be better served with annual or even biennial large expansion releases.
    I miss that too. Honestly I would have been happy with just Island Living and Realms of Magic being released this year. I have never been a fan a SPs, and find them an useless distraction from work that could have been done for the base game and EPs beyond just the Sims 4, but Sims 3 and 2 as well.

I think the demand comes from the lack of packs over the last few years (granted this has changed now), like before Vampires was released, the game had some very lacklustre packs, I mean they were nice, but nothing overly exciting.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • dibblezddibblezd Posts: 6 New Member
    I don't like feeling like the vampires are going to bite me any second.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    As bad a cashgrab MFPS is, I would want a My Second Pet Stuff pack one day. I want more pets, and I don't see any other pack delivering lizards, proper fish, birds or crabs.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    Lemon405 wrote: »

The complaint is not that the game dared to make such townies. The complaint is that the randomizer responsible for creating townies is broken and trash, and the result is the game continuously creating Only dark-skinned and pear shaped townies, usually with bright orange or yellow hair, elders, and single parent families where the parent and child are polar opposite in appearance. Add in a broken name generator that recycled the same dozen or so names, and the overly-enthusiastic clothing selector and what you’re left with is a game filled with NPC’s and Townies who basically look like clowns.

What was intended to add diversity of ethnicity and variety just ended up doing the exact opposite.

I don’t believe for a second that anyone who has complained about townies being dark skinned, or old, or pear shaped was complaining about anything other than the results of EA’s horrendous and broken game code and the crazy clown pixels it inflicted on their neighborhoods.

Maybe, maybe not.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top