Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vanderburg Family Question?

Hi! I've been playing in Hidden Springs and my sim recently married into the Vanderburg family. While looking through their family tree I see that Francisca is only Renauld Vanderburg's step-daughter, her real father is not on the family tree. It's like he never existed.
While looking through there home, I see that their is an urn in their house, that does not have the same last name as them, and the ghost is yellow meaning he died from electrocution. Could this be her dad? Does anyone have any clue what happened to him? Thanks! :D

Comments

• wifeofdraithwifeofdraith Posts: 25
    edited September 2012
    Anyone? :D
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited September 2012
    I never played this family, but nice observations! Did you try Sims wiki? They have pages on every townie.
    edited September 2012
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    I never played this family, but nice observations! Did you try Sims wiki? They have pages on every townie.

Thanks! And yes I checked Sims Wiki, but they had nothing on her father. :cry:
    I checked every one of their pages anddddd nothing.
  • snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited September 2012
    The ghost in the urn is the butler.
    edited September 2012
    snowdove58 wrote:
    The ghost in the urn is the butler.

Oh really? Thats interesting. Thank you!
    I guess her father will remain a mystery!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2012
    Maybe her father was the butler. You know the old saying, "The butler did it." :mrgreen:

On a more serious note, he could very possibly be and this is why I say this.

A while back my sim was married, and she lost her husband while she was pregnant. I was having some problems so I put his urn in his pregnant wife's personal inventory. I then saved her to the family bin.

I then moved her to a new town. She still had the urn, and I put it in her new home. When the baby was born, I knew that her father was dead, and his ghost was now haunting his new home. When the baby was born it showed that she did not have a father in her family tree.

So yes the butler could very well be the father, why else would they keep his urn there?
    edited September 2012
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    Maybe her father was the butler. You know the old saying, "The butler did it." :mrgreen:

On a more serious note, he could very possibly be and this is why I say this.

A while back my sim was married, and she lost her husband while she was pregnant. I was having some problems so I put his urn in his pregnant wife's personal inventory. I then saved her to the family bin.

I then moved her to a new town. She still had the urn, and I put it in her new home. When the baby was born, I knew that her father was dead, and his ghost was now haunting his new home. When the baby was born it showed that she did not have a father in her family tree.

So yes the butler could very well be the father, why else would they keep his urn there?
    Thats a really good point! And I'm thinking I might resurrect him to see if they share any resemblance. I'll be really happy if he is! :D
    edited September 2012
    Good idea. I'll try it also. I have a sim who can bring him back to the living in only a couple of quick moves. She can even make him a young man, that will make things easier to see if that is the case.
    edited September 2012
    Yay okay awesome!
    If you do, can you post a picture? That would be great! :D
    edited September 2012
    I'll get right to it. I just need to get my game started.
    edited September 2012
    Alrighty! :mrgreen:
    edited September 2012
    I ran into a little problem, but I managed to get Gregor Bellemy. I did send him through CAS. The only thing I did to him was change his age, hair style, his clothes, and I had to get rid of his blue skin. Other than that, I did not change his hair color, features, or anything else.

10548_119133111570326_659762742_n.jpg

Gregor is wearing the blue thing around his neck. Sebastian is standing by his side.

401437_119133131570324_877069009_n.jpg

Here is a side view of the two men. I do see enought that he could very well be the father. What do you think?

I have also added two more pictures.

251039_119136698236634_1259165944_n.jpg

10542_119136718236632_2119543117_n.jpg

The only thing I did to the mother was make her a young adult. And the only thing I did to the daughter was to remove the glasses and her hat. The reason for the frown on Grergor's face is because the guy has the inappropriate trait.
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited September 2012
    Id rather here from the guru who made the family
    edited September 2012
    Thank you so much for doing this! I think they look like they could be related! I was getting ready to post up the pictures I had of the resurrected ghosts but then my computer crashed:(
    But I think that there is a really good chance that he could be the father of Fracisca! Once again thank you! :mrgreen:
    Maybe Catarina had an affair with him, since he was their butler, apparently and got pregnant with Francisca while married to Renauld? It's a thought.
    edited September 2012
    I could add a little twist, maybe Renauld found out about it, and killed the butler. People could say, "Why did he just not divorce his wife instead?" Well the answer to that would be, both of them are in politics, and a divorce would hurt the both of them publicly. They are both trying to keep the appearance of a happy family.
    edited September 2012
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    I could add a little twist, maybe Renauld found out about it, and killed the butler. People could say, "Why did he just not divorce his wife instead?" Well the answer to that would be, both of them are in politics, and a divorce would hurt the both of them publicly. They are both trying to keep the appearance of a happy family.
    Thats a really good idea! I hope there is some truth into what has been discovered and its not just that he was the butler and they didnt make Francisca's dad. :roll:
  • miranda130miranda130 Posts: 53 Member
    I dont think the butler is the father. Like the Romero family ( 2 graves on the graveyard,Dave shue and Dany Cho) they are made off 1 person. I use nraas and note all dates on how to remake a sim by the nummers. It seem that Catarine, Sebastian and Francisca have the same nummer. I remake them all this way and its like the Romero's they all are 1 the same accept the hair and eyes.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there! It's cool to read your theory on this however unfortunately this thread has been inactive for a very long time so I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top