Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ever make your own version of a sim you saw?

Have you ever seen a sim and searched for it in the gallery only to give up hope. And then try to make your own look-alike? Or seen an avatar sim, never find it, and make your own copycat version?

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    nope
    I've made a few that resemble some others I had seen before though, but it has all been sheer coincidence so far
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Nah, most of my sims are inspired by an archetype but their appearances are original.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    The only sim I can recall getting sad over was the black vampire in the Vampires EP not existing in my game because he was hot and EA failed me by not making him a premade >:( :joy: I'm horrible at making look-alikes, but my main reason was that I'm bothered that I wasn't sure which of his abilities were canon in the trailer

I haven't tried to look for him again since now my game is up to its eyes in vampires, but it still bothers me every time I think about it LOL.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    The only sim I can recall getting sad over was the black vampire in the Vampires EP not existing in my game because he was hot and EA failed me by not making him a premade >:( :joy:

me too! you've just reminded me to go and try recreate him and the other trailer vampires lmao

Other than him I remember trying to recreate the sims from the Seasons trailer/box art. I didn't do so well, but luckily for me someone else uploaded them to the gallery afterwards

• iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    @Cement Which one? Do you have a pic?
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I've done the copycat thing once. I don't read sim stories very often, but was very much into one here on the forum. I found one of the sims in that story very fascinating. I do think I searched for him on the gallery (its been a couple of years, I have trouble remembering things from a couple days ago!) and couldn't find him. So I tried to recreate him as well as I could. Didn't give him the same name, of course, and he didn't really end up looking much like the original either :D . But he did end up being my fav sim ever <3
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    @iliekponiez 390de03ecda7266af6c1ab5487d3c7fc.jpg
    This handsome devil <3:love: He's also on the Vampires render in game too sporting a different suit on the far left
    8ec180ded81fe2892979601de98f753d.png
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Cement SimCreator050 on the gallery has him! :smiley:
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    When I first started playing I downloaded some sims from the gallery, but try not to download sims anymore since so many people don’t like you uploading their sims, but when I have put lots of time into skills, I update and load them to the gallery. So since I found that out I have tried not to download others sims. Once in awhile I will see clothes I like on a sim and traits that I don’t normally use, and use them. But, I am not good at recreating the actual sim.... lol
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I do keep a folder of any good looking sims I find, for inspiration. But I wont re-create someone's sim, since I'm not sure they'd want me to. I would take one or so features that I like, but make the sim different from the original.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    All the time. My brain usually makes one male and one female sim prototype, just styled differently. So if I’m in a jam, I recreate someone else’s sim.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Àine from Realm of Magic trailer ❤
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Never
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I've actually tried to make a sim of people I saw walking around my neighborhood.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Yes, I've made Aine from the trailer as someone above said. I also find myself looking at people in real life and thinking about how they would look as a Sim.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    sunblond wrote: »
    I've actually tried to make a sim of people I saw walking around my neighborhood.

Yes, I've done that too.
  • EricTheLoonEricTheLoon Posts: 20 Member
    Does making a genetic twin of a married, in-game sim count? :P
    Sul Sul!
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Does making a genetic twin of a married, in-game sim count? :P
    Sure, why not.

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2019
    I downloaded someone's fabulous Captain Marvel from the gallery. I loved her so much that I created sisters from her genetics, including an inexact twin.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I got inspired to make the original vampires that were in the pictures & saved them in the gallery. I also made my version of Aine' from the original Realm of Magic trailer. Accidentally made her pretty & I named her Queen of the Sages.
    Anyone who's interested can check out my sims & my building lots on SEREFRAS in the gallery. It's not fancy, there's no mods used, just my Sims 4 games & my imagination.
  • AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    I've been thinking of doing this, actually. I don't have Get Famous, and I don't plan on getting that expansion pack anytime in the near future for a few reasons, but I've become obsessed with the GF sim Judith Ward, so I might have to recreate her (though I have poor CAS skills!) I have found a few BG Judith Ward's on the gallery (the character is converted to base game clothes, hair, etc) but I'm not sure if I should download them because I'm worried they might screw up my game. Do you think it would be okay to download a base game converted Judith Ward from another simmer on the gallery, or should I try my hand at making my own? Thanks.