Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The I'm Bored Thread

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I don't think I'm the only one. I would like to hear from others like me who are bored with the game and or the entire franchise.
I think my boredom is starting to spill over into the entire franchise not just from boredom of TS4.

I play other games, other genres, but no games ever kept me entertained as long as this series.
They were more like games I tried, played, finished (may replay after a few years etc.) but The Sims (whatever current game it was or TS2) were the genres that kept me interested, coming up with ideas for just about anything I had never tried in them. Whether that was how to play, (playstyle) or to create something from the game that had always inspried me to create and do more inside and outside the games.

But I'm starting to feel like I don't really want to play this genre anymore. I've seen everything, I've done just about everything they have ever offered in this franchise. Played their games, tried most of the stuff in any of these games, built and shared things, created custom content in them, machinima for them, wrote stories out of them, filmed stories out of them, and even spent years on boards offering bug help or system help, and gameplay help for them. (the games).

I'm not seeing any new innovations like when TS1 went from 2D to 3D in TS2, and no longer a singular character we literally bullied and pushed around on the screen to do our bidding, but a more complex Sim who had memories, expressions, (TS1 faces don't have expressions) and reactions with memories that burned in their soul.

Then came TS3 with new innovation, whether you like it or not, open world and the game keeping up with every Sim in the world and what had happened to them is a pretty big deal. Especially since TS3 doesn't have a cap as small as TS4 with population other than what your processors can handle. 1000s. New innovation with CAW and CASt.

TS4 comes along boasting of 'we have never seesn emotions like these'. I would beg to differ they don't actually live up to the emotions in TS2 and TS3 but TS2 topping TS3's emotional system. But just buff systems. We go from Sims having expressions and emotions (more indepth) in TS2 to expressions all over the place in TS4. Sure, it's cute, but it won't help boredom.

Multitasking was ok in TS4 though I beg to differ we had plenty of multitasking in two and three, but no little timer on the screen and no stopping and starting the way TS4 has handled it but yes, we had plenty way back in 2004. TS4 added more of it but took away it actually happening at the same time in some situations. Causing some of us to see the differences that it wasn't as smooth or flowing in some cases as before.

Other than multitasking being a main selling point of TS4 I can't think of any new innovation that might even rate mind blowing status like 2D to 3D, or Cast and CAW or open world in three.

New twists and turns are fine but I want to see the newer innovation that came in large leaps like between the other iterations. If not, then I think after twenty years of playing and talking about Sims and helping with Sim problems and creating things for Sim and myself, it's time to hang it up.

I think the innovation is no longer there, and hasn't been since my Sim first opened their front door and stepped out into an open world. I think that is the last great innovation there has been and that's ten years ago. I didn't like open world (over whelming) as much as others but not because it was open but because the Sim was not the programming of TS2 Sim's soul. And all the popups (and not way to turn them off at the time) was the thing that made me dislike open world it was never really open world. But things like sp, messing with my played Sims.

But it was still a huge leap from TS1 to TS3 to build a game with open world, and in my opinion that is the last great innovation we have seen for this franchise and it's ten years ago, so it's no wonder I can't be dazzled anymore, with any new pack or DLC for TS4, because I'm the player that needs to be dazzled with innovation rather than another add on. And finally figuring that out this past year is why I'm bored with the whole franchise, I have seen it all and just about done it all, and nothing new can actually make me marvel anymore.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    Why not try Minecraft? Mojang is coning up with new things for Minecraft all the time-the recent things they've added were new ways to craft things, and new enemies such as Pillagers and Pillager Beasts(which destroy crops). There are even improvements to Villagers,including a Trader with a Llama. You can even create a portal to go to the Nether Realm to defeat a powerful boss

If Minecraft isnt your thing,then maybe you could sign up with Neopets,Marapets or Powerpets.These pet sites offer fun games and sometimes exciting quests/missions. In Powerpets,they actaually give you goals to accomplish,like becoming Elite or Super Eilite.

If you have Facebook,there are fun games such as MouseHunt and Angry Birds Freinds.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Im pretty burnt out. This is why I'm glad I have a switch and other consoles to play during such a time. Right now I'm renovating all of sunset valley in the sims 3. I used the annihilate every sim with the Nraas mod so I could renovate but I also had them, the townies/premades backed up so when I'm do I can give all of them makeovers. It's going to be a LONG project but I'm burnt from playing and I enjoy building and renovating casually. As far as other games I'm playg GTA V again lol and since Nintendo released the super Nintendo app on the switch I've been playing legend of Zelda a link to the past as I never got a chance to beat it as a kid. But there a few other games on the switch I'm playing as well and once the new animal crossing drops I'll be occupied with that as well. Anyway this has been a thing that happened before. I got bored and went to other games. Then eventually I'll go back.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I don't think I'm the only one. I would like to hear from others like me who are bored with the game and or the entire franchise.
    I think my boredom is starting to spill over into the entire franchise not just from boredom of TS4.

I play other games, other genres, but no games ever kept me entertained as long as this series.
    They were more like games I tried, played, finished (may replay after a few years etc.) but The Sims (whatever current game it was or TS2) were the genres that kept me interested, coming up with ideas for just about anything I had never tried in them. Whether that was how to play, (playstyle) or to create something from the game that had always inspried me to create and do more inside and outside the games.

But I'm starting to feel like I don't really want to play this genre anymore. I've seen everything, I've done just about everything they have ever offered in this franchise. Played their games, tried most of the stuff in any of these games, built and shared things, created custom content in them, machinima for them, wrote stories out of them, filmed stories out of them, and even spent years on boards offering bug help or system help, and gameplay help for them. (the games).

I'm not seeing any new innovations like when TS1 went from 2D to 3D in TS2, and no longer a singular character we literally bullied and pushed around on the screen to do our bidding, but a more complex Sim who had memories, expressions, (TS1 faces don't have expressions) and reactions with memories that burned in their soul.

Then came TS3 with new innovation, whether you like it or not, open world and the game keeping up with every Sim in the world and what had happened to them is a pretty big deal. Especially since TS3 doesn't have a cap as small as TS4 with population other than what your processors can handle. 1000s. New innovation with CAW and CASt.

TS4 comes along boasting of 'we have never seesn emotions like these'. I would beg to differ they don't actually live up to the emotions in TS2 and TS3 but TS2 topping TS3's emotional system. But just buff systems. We go from Sims having expressions and emotions (more indepth) in TS2 to expressions all over the place in TS4. Sure, it's cute, but it won't help boredom.

Multitasking was ok in TS4 though I beg to differ we had plenty of multitasking in two and three, but no little timer on the screen and no stopping and starting the way TS4 has handled it but yes, we had plenty way back in 2004. TS4 added more of it but took away it actually happening at the same time in some situations. Causing some of us to see the differences that it wasn't as smooth or flowing in some cases as before.

Other than multitasking being a main selling point of TS4 I can't think of any new innovation that might even rate mind blowing status like 2D to 3D, or Cast and CAW or open world in three.

New twists and turns are fine but I want to see the newer innovation that came in large leaps like between the other iterations. If not, then I think after twenty years of playing and talking about Sims and helping with Sim problems and creating things for Sim and myself, it's time to hang it up.

I think the innovation is no longer there, and hasn't been since my Sim first opened their front door and stepped out into an open world. I think that is the last great innovation there has been and that's ten years ago. I didn't like open world (over whelming) as much as others but not because it was open but because the Sim was not the programming of TS2 Sim's soul. And all the popups (and not way to turn them off at the time) was the thing that made me dislike open world it was never really open world. But things like sp, messing with my played Sims.

But it was still a huge leap from TS1 to TS3 to build a game with open world, and in my opinion that is the last great innovation we have seen for this franchise and it's ten years ago, so it's no wonder I can't be dazzled anymore, with any new pack or DLC for TS4, because I'm the player that needs to be dazzled with innovation rather than another add on. And finally figuring that out this past year is why I'm bored with the whole franchise, I have seen it all and just about done it all, and nothing new can actually make me marvel anymore.

I feel your pain.

This is pretty much it, though. What people like you are I want doesn't really matter. All we can do is hope that Paralives becomes something worth playing or that another company takes advantage of The Sims lack of passion and innovation.

Hopefully, we'll get a game that flips the genre on its head: from the UI, right on up. For example, I'd love a game that has no visible UI until I want to know something. Click on a Sim and a menu pops up: needs, acquaintances, job, etc. All with their own floating submenus. Once I'm done, all of the extraneous stuff goes away so that I can be more immersed in the game.

Better yet, make it player choice. Those who like a constant HUD get to have one. Those who don't want it don't need to use it.

Anyway, that's the kind of thing that I hope to see in a new game.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I just have nothing to do right now. I'm waiting on better babies and new elements of family play. Nothing that's come out this year has appealed to me (except IL to an extent, and I am in no rush to get it). I really do want to play the game as I have spend a lot of money on it and I have stories and plans waiting for specific content, but as of now, there's just nothing for me. Each pack this year has been geared only to young adult sims and no one else and I want to play families with all ages.

I'm hoping that next year will be better since they'll have finally gotten the witches and university out of the way. I really hope the next EP will be a Generations pack and we can get overhauled babies early next year.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I'm in a Sims 4 playing rut. It's just...always the same, no matter how many cool storylines I come up with. If I'm playing 4, I'm in CAS or building recently. This is not 4 specific for me, because I've been in ruts with every Sims game, simply because I play so often. But I've never been bored in the others because of the game, but because of my lack of ideas. It is the reverse with 4. I keep coming up with incredible ideas only for them to simmer out in execution, because I feel limited in how I play. I think it's mostly the personalities and the way Sims interact with each other. And the fact that I can't change neighborhoods to look wholly the way I want, which is very hard for immersive storytelling. So for now I play in live mode in 2 and 3, and in 4 I'm recreating all the characters from the game Clue...
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I’m not bored with the franchise, playing Sims 3 comes as naturally for me as it did back in 2010. Sims 4 somehow bores me quickly. Can’t say I don’t enjoy playing when I do, but nothing interesting seems to happen. So after a while I go back to TS3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm not burned out of The Sims 3 personally. Not to mention I do not own all worlds and store content yet, still ahaha So I haven't played with a lot of things yet.... and my freaggin' laptop from 2014 can somehow run TS3 max settings pretty well....albeit while plugged to the electricity, but better than my desktop for some weird reason (since it has better hardware) ahaha So I'm enjoying it a lot.

Of TS4, yes, very much so. I don't even care about the new packs, they are shallow with very little gameplay.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MadHatterReaperMadHatterReaper Posts: 6 New Member
    I played Sims 3 for...uh i think the last time I checked it was 300+ hours on my Origin launcher. One of the main reasons I stopped was the saving bug. Even in those many hours it got to a point where I just stopped playing because I did feel bored. The same thing is slowly happening with the Sims 4. Literally the only reason I play the Sims 4 now is to add unique established living in the same world. A world of not just my favorite characters but random one's as well. It's cool to see Karl Marx and Beetlejuice at the bar together, while the Scooby gang works as police station and Doctors, Evil, Strange, Robotnic, Jekyll and Quinzel at the hospital. Kim Jong Un works at the burger place. Peter Pan, Princess Peach, Ash Ketchum, Jeanne D'Arc, Nikola Tesla, Aphrodite, Asriel Dreemur I have over 600 Sims I have added from the gallery or created(mostly gallery) and pretty much I am trying to reach the sims total so no more random townies get created and it's just a unique perfect world of the strange and unusual...but that's it. I hardly play as any families anymore, just continually look for characters like a virtual library. So getting back on track somewhat if you start to feel burnt out from a game, it no longer entices. Switch games, play something you wouldn't think you'd like or thought to play, look back at older games you tried but feel out with and try again. When I was in a slump I ended up going back to a game I had ardently given up on and was super 🐸🐸🐸🐸 at. I ended up putting in like 20 hours within like 3 days. You never know what will thrill you again unless you play around.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited September 2019
    I don't know if it is boredom or frustration with the game right now. I am going to go with a bit of both. I haven't played for about two weeks, not even Sims 2 because I am just frustrated with the devs and EA as a whole. @JoAnne65 said it best in one her post a while back. "They have their own agenda" and it really is not lining up with mine.

Honestly, this is the last EA game I am attached to. They have basically ruined everything else including Sims 4..LOL I am trying to break away and move on from this gaming company because they don't care about their customers. They are throwing us scraps off their king's table and expecting us to gobble them up. I am tired of eating scraps. I would like a full meal please.
    Post edited by keekee53 on
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Kinda same problem. Not sure what games you like but there is few simulation games i like , lplanet coaster, two point hospital , city skyline and up coming planet zoo. I do like a lot of planet coaster and i'm just wating planet zoo.
    And ofc wating for paralives xx
    But yeah there is not anything more close to sims, at least what i can tell. If there would be i would just leave this game a while ago.
    I'm just wating that would happen same than whit simcity and we would just get better sims game and don't even need to look back on ea games.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’m not bored of the earlier games but I’m bored of the sims 4. I have been for a while. There are plenty of other people including game changers who feel the same.
  • KALIAMMAKALIAMMA Posts: 25 Member
    im currently editing my 2 year old savegame so this is keeping me occupied. after that i plan to marry morgyn (ohohohoh) but yea, there isnt much to do.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    KALIAMMA wrote: »
    im currently editing my 2 year old savegame so this is keeping me occupied. after that i plan to marry morgyn (ohohohoh) but yea, there isnt much to do.

I'm sort of glad I'm not the only one starting to become disinterested in the series as a whole. I guess that's bad, but sort of comforting in a weird way. I think once you learn how things work and start looking at games from that perspective, the innocence wears off, after twenty years I sort of know how these games work (on the inside) and what a new player may think is amazing doesn't seem all that amazing to me anymore. I guess that's bad, too. It can inspire people to start creating their own script mods and or custom content etc. (mainly for others) but it sort of takes away the magic of wondering how did they do that and then excitement for something as a chair soon becomes... meh. I'm not speaking in such simple terms concerning programming but for lack of vocabulary today I think people who mod these games know what I mean.

The Sims has been a long and great ride, but I really haven't played that much at all (any of them) these past two years, because I have played them all for twenty years, and they are starting to look to me like old wallpaper that might need removed and replaced rather than reglued etc. or painted over. I know how they work, I know how to manipulate the games, I know to do the same things over in my sleep.

It's not Maxis fault, it's not mine, it's just that I think it's time to get off the bus, since when I think to myself what do I want to do and I load one I decide no, I don't want to do that today, no I don't want to play and wind up just doing other stuff in them whether that is building and or creating something or just redoing neighborhoods or worlds etc.

I think I have finally run out of ideas in this series, which is great for imagination in that way. But I've spent twenty years (free time) messing around in these games, and I just don't feel it anymore. They are rarely the games I load these days, especially not TS4, and it's more like ho hum rather than ooh, a new pack! I don't think they can ever again bring me out of this defunct mode, and that's sad, but it was a fun ride, and I will probably hold on to all of them like people held on to VHS tapes until the point you can no longer even give them away. lol

But what I do know is a new pack isn't going to make me want to play for hours and hours nor for weeks at a time. It's not really their fault, I'm just getting old with it, and no longer the fan they want to impress. And I guess that's ok, I think I will look for something else to do in my free time and stop obsessing about glory days in The Sims. Ho Hum.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Am feeling much the same with 4. In car terms, it's like a Yugo when what I want is another Chevelle SS 396 (TS2). Am also a bit meh on the series overall. But how much is more boredom or how much is am in the final editing phase of a novel I've written with typesetting just around the corner, I don't know. I've certainly got cool-down time, so will be interesting to see what develops. Whishing you all well in sorting it out and carrying on.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    I'm also feeling pretty bored, but because life is busy, it's easier for me to spend an hour in s4 building. As much as I enjoyed the gameplay from S2 & S3, I don't like the art style, and it's harder to make over those ugly townies and buildings (this'd be the main advantage of ts4 if we had a way to edit those awful situational outfits as well ;) ), so I don't really play the other games either.

Within s4, when I'm feeling bored but still want to play, I find ways to challenge myself building (would prefer to play livemode, but the gameplay isn't there atm). I've had fun with making base game only builds, OTG builds, as well as remaking buildings I've seen online (like my profile pic). If you're not ready to give up s4, you could also try out some personality changing mods or challenges (though as a seasoned sims player, you've probably already done this! :) ).

Some games that have helped me when I've wanted a break from the sims in the past are stardew valley, child of light, ori and the blind forrest (the difficulty tho!), and replaying games that I've enjoyed before. You could also try a completely different hobby like card-making, painting, sewing or photography (my fave), if you feel like you still need that creative fix. After taking a break from s4, you may find you come back to it, but it's okay to not as well. Don't force yourself if you're not having fun, and best of luck finding out a new past time or game :D !
  • KALIAMMAKALIAMMA Posts: 25 Member
    edited September 2019
    KALIAMMA wrote: »

I'm sort of glad I'm not the only one starting to become disinterested in the series as a whole. I guess that's bad, but sort of comforting in a weird way. I think once you learn how things work and start looking at games from that perspective, the innocence wears off, after twenty years I sort of know how these games work (on the inside) and what a new player may think is amazing doesn't seem all that amazing to me anymore. I guess that's bad, too. It can inspire people to start creating their own script mods and or custom content etc. (mainly for others) but it sort of takes away the magic of wondering how did they do that and then excitement for something as a chair soon becomes... meh. I'm not speaking in such simple terms concerning programming but for lack of vocabulary today I think people who mod these games know what I mean.

The Sims has been a long and great ride, but I really haven't played that much at all (any of them) these past two years, because I have played them all for twenty years, and they are starting to look to me like old wallpaper that might need removed and replaced rather than reglued etc. or painted over. I know how they work, I know how to manipulate the games, I know to do the same things over in my sleep.

It's not Maxis fault, it's not mine, it's just that I think it's time to get off the bus, since when I think to myself what do I want to do and I load one I decide no, I don't want to do that today, no I don't want to play and wind up just doing other stuff in them whether that is building and or creating something or just redoing neighborhoods or worlds etc.

I think I have finally run out of ideas in this series, which is great for imagination in that way. But I've spent twenty years (free time) messing around in these games, and I just don't feel it anymore. They are rarely the games I load these days, especially not TS4, and it's more like ho hum rather than ooh, a new pack! I don't think they can ever again bring me out of this defunct mode, and that's sad, but it was a fun ride, and I will probably hold on to all of them like people held on to VHS tapes until the point you can no longer even give them away. lol

But what I do know is a new pack isn't going to make me want to play for hours and hours nor for weeks at a time. It's not really their fault, I'm just getting old with it, and no longer the fan they want to impress. And I guess that's ok, I think I will look for something else to do in my free time and stop obsessing about glory days in The Sims. Ho Hum.

the whole spellcaster thing didnt really attract me either, even tho i love witches. its always nice to have a backup plan when a boring pack comes out.
    heres my plan:
    1. edit my savegame so it has everything i need.
    2. make tomax collette marry morgyn (ohohohho)
    3. destroy the magic realm playing as an evil witch. yes.
    4. make the whole charm family slaves for my vampire family (vlad no!)
    5. kill grace anansi. yes. i hate her guts. (this wouldnt have happened if Aine was alive tho)
    edited September 2019
    I'm also feeling pretty bored, but because life is busy, it's easier for me to spend an hour in s4 building. As much as I enjoyed the gameplay from S2 & S3, I don't like the art style, and it's harder to make over those ugly townies and buildings (this'd be the main advantage of ts4 if we had a way to edit those awful situational outfits as well ;) ), so I don't really play the other games either.

Within s4, when I'm feeling bored but still want to play, I find ways to challenge myself building (would prefer to play livemode, but the gameplay isn't there atm). I've had fun with making base game only builds, OTG builds, as well as remaking buildings I've seen online (like my profile pic). If you're not ready to give up s4, you could also try out some personality changing mods or challenges (though as a seasoned sims player, you've probably already done this! :) ).

Some games that have helped me when I've wanted a break from the sims in the past are stardew valley, child of light, ori and the blind forrest (the difficulty tho!), and replaying games that I've enjoyed before. You could also try a completely different hobby like card-making, painting, sewing or photography (my fave), if you feel like you still need that creative fix. After taking a break from s4, you may find you come back to it, but it's okay to not as well. Don't force yourself if you're not having fun, and best of luck finding out a new past time or game :D !
    Sure. Or knit little pink dresses to decorate toilet rolls like my grandma did at my age. I think you’re kind of missing the point. We’re not bored or lacking things to do in our lives (I’m actually a bit too busy atm, I play Sims way less than I’d like to). We want a good Sims game. The fact the old game still works for me is great for me, but I can imagine especially Sims 2 fans who have been playing that game for over 14 years now are kind of looking forward to a new experience. Doesn’t mean they lack other hobbies or don’t play other games (I also play Animal Crossing, Best Fiends and Detroit Become Human).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Sure. Or knit little pink dresses to decorate toilet rolls like my grandma did at my age. I think you’re kind of missing the point. We’re not bored or lacking things to do in our lives (I’m actually a bit too busy atm, I play Sims way less than I’d like to). We want a good Sims game. The fact the old game still works for me is great for me, but I can imagine especially Sims 2 fans who have been playing that game for over 14 years now are kind of looking forward to a new experience. Doesn’t mean they lack other hobbies or don’t play other games (I also play Animal Crossing, Best Fiends and Detroit Become Human).

Oh, no - I'm with you all the way -I'd much, much rather a better game too, but paralives looks a looong way off, and if maxis doesn't deliver, that's s4 only direct competitor so far. It was just some suggestions because the op said they might have to look for a new hobby, and these were things that helped me get that creative fix, that weren't game related.
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    I haven't played any other sims game other than ts4 but I gotta agree. It's like TS4 is for storytellers and if you don't have a specific story in mind the game has nothing to offer. There is the build mode but I build so much it gets hard not to repeat specific color schemes and /or styles.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Oh, no - I'm with you all the way -I'd much, much rather a better game too, but paralives looks a looong way off, and if maxis doesn't deliver, that's s4 only direct competitor so far. It was just some suggestions because the op said they might have to look for a new hobby, and these were things that helped me get that creative fix, that weren't game related.
    Looking forward to Paralives as well, also because I hope it will bring a whole new angle/approach to the concept. I may have reacted a bit too snarky there by the way, sorry. It's just... I see that advice a lot here (in a 'get a life' kind of way) and then it's just not meant to present a real solution (nor is not having a life the problem critics have). I can imagine there are people who think they're just done with the franchise, that it's them. I don't believe that. I think that when you like this kind of game, you always will. When I play Sims 4 I often wonder if I've lost the talent to use my imagination and to entertain myself with life simulation. Then I start up Sims 3 and I just play. It's not us, it's the game. And yes, I know there are people for whom Sims 4 comes as naturally as Sims 3 does for me and Sims 2 for others, but I can only speak from my own perception ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited September 2019
    I woke up with a weird thought, what if The Sims were a virtual reality game next? then logical side of me asked myself how would that work? Because innovation has to go somewhere from here doesn't it? But when I/player would interact with the 'Sim' I would be like wth, because they would be speaking Simlish and I wouldn't understand a dang thing they were talking about, lol, so that right there told me, no, Sims will never be a virtual reality game any time soon. It would no longer be The Sims if they did. But I'm not sure they have any amazing innovation left in them anymore to amaze someone like me.

So the next big innovation for this series is going to have to come from a different direction rather than think it could go in that direction as the next big innovation. Improbable, when I think about it.

Bucket list: Did it, done it, tried it, saw it, been there, not new, nope, had this or that twenty years ago etc. Sad. :*
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member

It's not them it's you as you have grown out of your addiction. I have too but still enjoy building more than playing with Sims. Haven't you given up before and came back?
    edited September 2019
    Simburian wrote: »

It's not them it's you as you have grown out of your addiction. I have too but still enjoy building more than playing with Sims. Haven't you given up before and came back?

Are you sure about that? lol I have out grown them that is true. Especially this one. I haven't actually 'played' any of these games per se gameplay in a few years. TS2 is my favorite as you know, but after fourteen years of knowing it inside and out, I'm actualy tired of it, too.

TS3 is huge, I try to play it now and then, too, but I load games then turn them off, I might spend time in them doing things that has nothing to do with the actual gameplay of the games, like building or CAS or whatever in all of them, but there is nothing new under the sun in any of them anymore. I'm not saying all the games are not good in their own rights, it's me, I guess, after this long in the series it like that old song, is that all there is? then I will keep dancing. I think this is the longest break I have taken. I might load one, (any of them) and play for an hour then get bored because as I just said, I have filled the bucket list. Been there done it sort of mind.

It's not me that has changed the focus of play with life, it's Maxis, who just said they are building a safe space, rather than a game. OK, cool, but uh, I pay to play and be entertained not feel safe in a virtual, pixel world. I won't get into the lack of actual gameplay to go along with that representation of different peoples, but just leave it at there is simply no new innovation coming to this series any time soon, and a new pack or new patch isn't going to make an old salty dog drink the grog. :/
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    As far as simming goes, the game needs a team with the vision, courage, skill, and resources to go where no sim has gone before. Rather like the ones that made TS2, taking what really worked as the foundation and then taking that way beyond the confines of the existing box. For us simmers, satisfaction and fulfillment can come only from that which is deeper and stronger outside ourselves, plugging into the source not a by-product.