Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Morgyn

Comments

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Why are some people thinking they're "fixing" Morgyn by making him able to impregnate? I think he's fine just the way he is. ;)

Because people want to play they want to play. I mean what one person does in their game doesn't affect the way you play. So, let people have their fun.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'm seeing people saying Morgyn is a trans. Isn't he non-binary and was born a male (masculine I mean) ?

He is whatever we want him to be.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited September 2019
    No one is in a hurry to make babies with Simeon Silversweater, I notice. :D

But no controversy over editing him in game, just because.

I can certainly see why pouncing on one of two trans/enby premades EVER in what, nineteen years of The Sims? could rile some people. But folks are used to breaking up couples or whatever in their game to chase down the genetics they want.

Sure, they are pixel people, without actual manifest sovereign wills or body autonomy, and your Morgyn changes don't affect my game. But how real players speak to each other regarding even fictive trans people does. Just be aware of that. Kindness is free.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    Why are some people thinking they're "fixing" Morgyn by making him able to impregnate? I think he's fine just the way he is. ;)

I made Morgyn able to impregnate because I wanted his genes and the sim he is with in my game is female. If he had been with a male sim in my game, I probably would have made Morgyn capable of becoming pregnant instead.

I haven’t changed anything else about Morgyn or his outfits and I still view him as trans or nonbinary. I have a policy of ignoring real life limitations when it comes to sim pregnancy. E.g. In all of my same sex couples, I make sure that one is able to impregnate the other even though that’s not how it works irl because I want my sims to live in an idealised world of reproductive equality.

I know first hand how heart breaking an infertility diagnosis can be (although as it turns out, in my case, my doctors may have been wrong) and so I take measures to ensure that any sim who I judge wants to have a biological child with their partner can do so.

ETA: I know you can just mix their genes in CAS but it’s not the same. And anyhow, that would have required moving Morgyn in with my sim which would have led to him losing his sage status.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I think with MCCC, anyone can get pregnant by anyone else, so. That's always an option!

Also, while I adore Morgyn's original hair (cheese and all!), there's some really fun CC variations. I'm considering switching them to one of them, any thoughts?

YZObwBp.jpg
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    I think with MCCC, anyone can get pregnant by anyone else, so. That's always an option!

Also, while I adore Morgyn's original hair (cheese and all!), there's some really fun CC variations. I'm considering switching them to one of them, any thoughts?

YZObwBp.jpg

Ooh tough decision, I think they all look good (The original has to be the best vanilla hairstyle in quite a while.) Personally, I think the longer one is the best, but the undercut is so edgy that I also love it.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @ryttu3k Hm, I do love the original one and I've gotta say I'm not too fond of the long, so if you're looking to switch, I love the undercut one :)
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »

YZObwBp.jpg

Aahhhhh I love the original, but the shaved side is also cool too. But I think if you go with the shaved side they need some more eyeliner or something else to sell the look.
  • MadHatterReaperMadHatterReaper Posts: 6 New Member
    Unfortunately all of the sages got the chop. Interesting as Morgyn seems I replaced him with the Witch of Endor, L. Faba was replaced with Aleister Crowley and whatever the dumpy other sage's name was got replaced with Gregory Rasputin.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    @Sindocat *raises hand shyly* I'm kind of in a rush to get at the practical magic mage but he's having none of it! Ooooo and I edited him CAS I made him back into a YA and *gasps of horror* pushed his hernia back in, poor guys literally busted his gut trying to be responsible but it doesn't matter what I send his his direction, flirty Granny, Blue haired elf, Pink haired pirate...male, female he's having none of it and I'm running out of sims to throw at him, he won't even talk to the dog!
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2019

I made Morgyn able to impregnate because I wanted his genes and the sim he is with in my game is female. If he had been with a male sim in my game, I probably would have made Morgyn capable of becoming pregnant instead.

I haven’t changed anything else about Morgyn or his outfits and I still view him as trans or nonbinary. I have a policy of ignoring real life limitations when it comes to sim pregnancy. E.g. In all of my same sex couples, I make sure that one is able to impregnate the other even though that’s not how it works irl because I want my sims to live in an idealised world of reproductive equality.

I know first hand how heart breaking an infertility diagnosis can be (although as it turns out, in my case, my doctors may have been wrong) and so I take measures to ensure that any sim who I judge wants to have a biological child with their partner can do so.

ETA: I know you can just mix their genes in CAS but it’s not the same. And anyhow, that would have required moving Morgyn in with my sim which would have led to him losing his sage status.

I'm with you on this, Maggie! As someone who was told they'd never be able to have children (and then unexpectedly conceived), I absolutely adore the ability to toggle pregnancy on sims. I change this option on all of my same sex couples, because when you love someone, one of the many ways of making that love tangible is to have a child with that person. It's not the only way, and I'm not suggesting that everyone must have children, as there are many beautiful ways to make love tangible, but this is my personal favorite... so it's natural that I would gravitate toward it in my game, just as others gravitate toward other options in their own games. I love this aspect of The Sims 4. Babies for everyone! Just don't make me take care of the toddlers. :shudders: lol I'll take them back when they're children, though. :D:D:D

@ryttu3k Those are nice CC options, but strangely enough, I do prefer the original look.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    With Morgyn and making him able to impregnate. You can always just say he used magic, instead of seeing it as changing him.
    Personally I wouldn't though, because I enjoy working around it.

Im currently mulling over who I can ship him with.
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Speaking of, I gave him a little bit of a makeover in my game. I gave him more of a dark and broody look for when he married his wife and had a son. He stopped being a sage and became more of a mentor in untamed.

a07361a30bc3d7beb8eabfd686202778.png

99b2b4e59565e32ae9d9606b47eacf61.png

His face needs a bit more tweaking, I dare say.
    With Morgyn and making him able to impregnate. You can always just say he used magic, instead of seeing it as changing him.
    Personally I wouldn't though, because I enjoy working around it.

Im currently mulling over who I can ship him with.

Right? There's a spell for resurrecting the dead, there's gotta be one for getting someone pregnant. (And so far, Caleb Vatore seems to be the popular choice! I'm in, honestly.)

Also, undercut seems to be by far the most popular choice. @RobinGreenthumb , I didn't add more eyeliner, but hopefully the facial tattoos balance it! Also added another outfit each for hot and cold weather, and changed one of the tattoos.

sz8ndo3.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited September 2019
    yeah i also prefer my sims being able to have kids even if it isn't all too realistic since i tend to play legacies
    and i have changed male sims many times to become pregnant regardless of other gender settings just because :sunglasses:
    its just more fun that way :smirk:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    @ryttu3k oooooooooooh the tattoos really make it! If you happen to know off the top of your head, where did you get the back and thigh tattoos? I have the face one already but those.... 😍

I’ve been going back and forth whether I want to add tattoos to Morgyn, and I hope I can get the “backup” sages soon (the ones that pop up when your ages need rest) because I like a wide variety of diversity for magic councils. Even if Morgyn doesn’t get some (eying specifically some arm and hand ones), I need at least ONE heavily tattooed sage.

I finally decided on his eyes (a vampire green default I have), but have been waffling on the earrings for their main look. 😩

QYAtcxe.jpg
  • ToyGunGunToyGunGun Posts: 9 New Member
    > @ryttu3k said:
    > I think with MCCC, anyone can get pregnant by anyone else, so. That's always an option!
    >
    > Also, while I adore Morgyn's original hair (cheese and all!), there's some really fun CC variations. I'm considering switching them to one of them, any thoughts?
    >
    > (Image)

I tried MCCC, he isn't an option even though my sim was dating him. So I edited him to be able to impregnate.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited September 2019
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    @Sindocat *raises hand shyly* I'm kind of in a rush to get at the practical magic mage but he's having none of it! Ooooo and I edited him CAS I made him back into a YA and *gasps of horror* pushed his hernia back in, poor guys literally busted his gut trying to be responsible but it doesn't matter what I send his his direction, flirty Granny, Blue haired elf, Pink haired pirate...male, female he's having none of it and I'm running out of sims to throw at him, he won't even talk to the dog!

I had to give old Silversweater a make-over, myself. I like his personality fine, and didn't do anything to his features or traits. But he did get his gut fixed (or maybe just a really good truss) and I cleaned up his wardrobe a bit. I also changed his hair, because the style he had is one I like to use for my Sims, and being matchy matchy with a Sage would be cringey for me. Here's how my Simeon turned out. A little Environmental Sciences Professor, but that kind of suits him. :)

JxZnz29.png

Morgyn remains Morgyn. Only Sage I haven't messed with.
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    I made my practical nonbinary spellcaster and Morgyn work together to take down the evil Mischief spellcaster I made.

unknown.png

They're very much a tag-team duo and I headcanon that they truly understand each other and what it's like to be gender non-conforming while also saving the magical world from all the dangers. It's becoming more and more dark as more spellcasters are emerging around the world, so they'll have to stick together and fight to save all of simkind.

I also headcanon that they... kind of start to develop having feelings for each other. After all, so much time practicing magic together and saving the world... sparks might just fly!
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Shinzen wrote: »
    I made my practical nonbinary spellcaster and Morgyn work together to take down the evil Mischief spellcaster I made.

unknown.png

They're very much a tag-team duo and I headcanon that they truly understand each other and what it's like to be gender non-conforming while also saving the magical world from all the dangers. It's becoming more and more dark as more spellcasters are emerging around the world, so they'll have to stick together and fight to save all of simkind.

I also headcanon that they... kind of start to develop having feelings for each other. After all, so much time practicing magic together and saving the world... sparks might just fly!

I can almost feel the electricity they certainly look like they are happy with themselves, who couldn't want to celebrate after a victory like that? ;)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    @RobinGreenthumb , the back tattoo is from this set, and the leg ones are by chocobunsims on Tumblr! (Can't link directly, the previews are a bit NSFW.) And those eyes are fantastic!

@Shinzen , aww, I love them!
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    here's my edit of him.
    tumblr_py62tuxMvp1v707rto1_1280.png
    and the other two sages:
    tumblr_py62tuxMvp1v707rto2_1280.png
    tumblr_py62tuxMvp1v707rto3_1280.png
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

@poltergeist , they all look great! I love the hot weather outfit you gave Morgyn!
  • robjoneskidrobjoneskid Posts: 90 Member
    [img][/img]6lFHLDh.png

Here's a picture of Morgyn watching his two children duel! He never gave up his Sage role but he does check in every once in a while!
  • TianaRTTianaRT Posts: 8 New Member
    I got him And Caleb Vatore together. I have a cute pic of them but I'm still too new to post it. Sorry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯