March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    @BuildnShare I do believe I would like to try my hand at the Library.
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    edited September 2019
    What about a spa/sports/pool centre/mash-up ? :D
    Would love to build a big build, and on a big lot, im excited for this one!!!!!!!
    Post edited by Devilariah on
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    Such a fun idea. I wish I could participate but I will be slammed with work for a couple of weeks. I would only have a couple of days right before the deadline to create something.
  • CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    edited September 2019
    @BuildnShare Can I do the school?
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
  • CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    edited September 2019
    Ignore this comment. Oops 😐
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    I'm claiming the toy store before anyone else can.
    image.png
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    edited September 2019
    I would love to build a diner. I plan on doing it on a 40x30 lot - Rippling Flats

Are there any specific building themes besides whimsy?
    Post edited by Talea12345 on
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    edited September 2019
    O wow, I have no idea where to start! This is going to be fun 😁😁
    Can I grab the thrift store please?

Quick question - as it’s Maxis Fave recommendations should this be a NOCC build?
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    O wow, I have no idea where to start! This is going to be fun 😁😁
    Can I grab the thrift store please?

Quick question - as it’s Maxis Fave recommendations should this be a NOCC build?

Totally up to you. You're right that it won't be considered if it has CC. I'd say build the way you want because there's no guarantee of winning even without CC.
    image.png
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    edited September 2019
    I would like to do the Floral Gardens please!

Do we have to decide which lot would be best now?
    edited September 2019
    Just caught up with the entries I’d not seen seen yet - more wows!

@SimTresa your build is still lovely but that nursery! Loved the rainbow over the cots and then realised the whole room was full of them, fab 💖

@abelhinha35 what a beautiful build! That roof and towers...and the secret garden! Just lovely

@Devilariah oh my that drive though, love it!! And charging for everything, another build that going to make bundles 😂 and fitting a swimming pool in? seriously showing off now 😉😁

@SheriGR love it! That roof is fab - I realised early in my build that I hated my flat roofs but yours is an awesome solution (or is it rooves? Either way, other people’s look great but mine seemed awful so I ditched them!). Love the way you’ve carried the red throughout the whole build too, awesome work.

@Mikkiness omg your slide show! Had me in stitches, really great work. And that rumpus room is a great idea, I want one!

@occipital another money spinner.....selling advertising?? Awesome 😁 and to be fair, I’d sit out on that lovely courtyard/entrance bit all day so you could prob charge a fortune!!
    Post edited by AliSim19 on
    equuest wrote: »
    I would like to do the Floral Gardens please!

Do we have to decide which lot would be best now?

No you don't have to decide now. You've time to move your build from one spot to another if your first choice doesn't work.
    image.png
    Just caught up with the entries I’d not seen seen yet - more wows!

@SimTresa your build is still lovely but that nursery! Loved the rainbow over the cost and then realised the whole room was full of them, fab 💖

@abelhinha35 what a beautiful build! That roof and towers...and the secret garden! Just lovely

@Devilariah oh my that drive though, love it!! And charging for everything, another build that going to make bundles 😂 and fitting a swimming pool in? seriously showing off now 😉😁

@SheriGR love it! That roof is fab - I realised early in my build that I hated my flat roofs but yours is an awesome solution (or is it rooves? Either way, other people’s look great but mine seemed awful so I ditched them!). Love the way you’ve arrived the red throughout the whole build too, awesome work.

@Mikkiness omg your slide show! Had me in stitches, really great work. And that rumpus room is a great idea, I want one!

@occipital another money spinner.....selling advertising?? Awesome 😁 and to be fair, I’d sit out on that lovely courtyard/entrance bit all day so you could prob charge a fortune!!

Thanks! I'm glad I was able to resize that rainbow to fit, and that I found a wall paint with the perfect matching colors.
    image.png
    @SimTresa thanks for quick reply, and very good point! Given the level of your guys entries I’m not expecting to win anyway so I guess i can go with having fun which ever way 😁

Im not quite sure I’ve got my head around the rationale of the neighbourhood challenge though - I clearly need to do some research but are we aiming to fill the whole of Newcrest between us so that people can down load a full BnS neighbourhood? (Can you even download a full map? I can’t think how that would work 🤔)

sorry if I’m being dim, it might be 14hrs at work but I’m not even sure how to frame my question properly 🥴😂 the challenge is awesome, I’m just not sure how it translates into a completed thing......

• RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    Could I try my hand at the employment agency?
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    I would like to try the pet store please.
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited September 2019
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    I would love to build a diner. I plan on doing it on a 40x30 lot - Rippling Flats

Are there any specific building themes besides whimsy?

No--just whimsy. Have fun with it!! You can make the building out of the ordinary in any way you choose, such as a different than normal roof line or by trying to recreate an item that may be found inside the shop/ lot as the shape of the building. Or make it colorful...whatever you like!
    Post edited by iampes23 on
    Devilariah wrote: »
    What about a spa/sports/pool centre/mash-up ? :D
    Would love to build a big build, and on a big lot, im excited for this one!!!!!!!

We like this idea, go for it! :)
    @SimTresa thanks for quick reply, and very good point! Given the level of your guys entries I’m not expecting to win anyway so I guess i can go with having fun which ever way 😁

Im not quite sure I’ve got my head around the rationale of the neighbourhood challenge though - I clearly need to do some research but are we aiming to fill the whole of Newcrest between us so that people can down load a full BnS neighbourhood? (Can you even download a full map? I can’t think how that would work 🤔)

sorry if I’m being dim, it might be 14hrs at work but I’m not even sure how to frame my question properly 🥴😂 the challenge is awesome, I’m just not sure how it translates into a completed thing......

It's just for fun.. There are more building types than lots in Newcrest.
    image.png
  • MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    @Allears - thanks for catching that! html errors are the worst! Should be fixed now :D
    owEyOd7.png
    Ahhh Whimsyville sounds so awesome! Can I do the Archeological dig site?

Also as far as second builds goes - will there be a full second round or just a 'I'm done what's next' kinda thing?
    owEyOd7.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Since it's what I do IRL I think I would like to choose the Beauty parlor/barber shop please :)
    Actually ... it isn't listed, but I've had the sudden thought that a petting zoo could be awesome?
    Any chance I'd be able to try something like that?
    Will settle for the archeological dig of not, but a petting zoo could be really fun!
    owEyOd7.png
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Mikkiness wrote: »
    @Devilariah - Gorgeous nursery and I really liked the dark exterior colour scheme! Also I lol'ed forever at the drive thru. However your slideshow link has eaten part of your next heading :p

Thank you for letting me know, fixed it lol!
    And thankyou for the nice words. =)
    Mikkiness wrote: »
    Actually ... it isn't listed, but I've had the sudden thought that a petting zoo could be awesome?
    Any chance I'd be able to try something like that?
    Will settle for the archeological dig of not, but a petting zoo could be really fun!

Well I suppose if you can find enough animals for a petting zoo... if you think you can make it work you're welcoem to try.
    image.png
    Animals won't be a problem. I've got a whole bunch of 'dogs that look like goats' and 'dogs that look like cows' and cats that look like rabbits' already :)
    owEyOd7.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top