Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Miss Witches

2...Next

Comments

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    We will have them. They're a goldmine the devs wont let go to waste and will probably be the most sold pack out of all the packs.
  • KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    witch_by_undeadnninjabit-dcsevnn.png

Why's Witch doing in my Sims 4 Studio???
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Witches won the Twitter Poll with 50% of the votes. If we are getting any Occult at all in the Future, it is going to be Witches.
    I am willing to bet that Witches are coming sooner or later. (Not expecting anything before Fall 2019 though)
    For the rest of the occults, I am prepared for a farewell, in case the Devs decide they will not do them.
    Witches are my absolute favorites, so if Witches are announced, I will be happy.
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    I miss the too. so much. I want my witch to expirence future packs ^^
    I think they come in 2019. I just hope early 2019. fall would fit but im inpacient. I hope they come in january like vampires
    I miss the too. so much. I want my witch to expirence future packs ^^
    I think they come in 2019. I just hope early 2019. fall would fit but im inpacient. I hope they come in january like vampires

I have no idea how realistic this is.
    Fall was a guess based on when the twitter poll was, assuming they decided to make a supernatural pack and made the community decide which one. January would imply that they were already working on Witches for months when they posted the polls, which seems silly to me.
    But what do I know...
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    Witches won the Twitter Poll with 50% of the votes. If we are getting any Occult at all in the Future, it is going to be Witches.
    I am willing to bet that Witches are coming sooner or later. (Not expecting anything before Fall 2019 though)
    For the rest of the occults, I am prepared for a farewell, in case the Devs decide they will not do them.
    Witches are my absolute favorites, so if Witches are announced, I will be happy.

If witches are going to be the only other occults (and none of the other ones like mermaids, etc), then those witches better be the most flexible witches in the series ever, with plenty of customization options.

I want my contemporary witches who look normal (no green skin or anything like that) and who can cast all sorts of magic without objects like wands.

I also want ways for non-witch sims to be able to cast some limited one-use stuff if they have the ingredients and incantations or have one-use Scrolls or objects, etc, (though only much weaker version of the spells or only tiny spells).

I would love for a variety of spells that our characters can choose from and a variety of potions for our sims to make. :)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    edited November 2018

If witches are going to be the only other occults (and none of the other ones like mermaids, etc), then those witches better be the most flexible witches in the series ever, with plenty of customization options.

I want my contemporary witches who look normal (no green skin or anything like that) and who can cast all sorts of magic without objects like wands.

I also want ways for non-witch sims to be able to cast some limited one-use stuff if they have the ingredients and incantations or have one-use Scrolls or objects, etc, (though only much weaker version of the spells or only tiny spells).

I would love for a variety of spells that our characters can choose from and a variety of potions for our sims to make. :)

I never said there is no way for other occults.
    In fact, Werewolves come right after Witches on my want list. What I said was that I am prepared to let them go in case EA scraps them entirely, along with any other Occult EA decides to throw in the bin.
    For Example, they won't do Mummies after they have Skeletons that fulfill the same purpose. They won't make Genies because the wishing well from Romantic Garden is already there.
    Also, I can't imagine they treat everyone the same. I do hope they give Witches and Werewolves the Vampire treatment, as those are the big three IMO. We did get the most customizable Vampires ever, the best in the franchise.
    Mermaids will likely be like Aliens at best. Part of a tropical vacation EP and very limited, but permanent and breedable. Robots will most likely be basically the Skeleton again, with a different look and no option to turn a Sim into one or vice versa. Only summoned (built) ones. (that could be made playable by an upgrade?)
    Looking at the results of the Twitter poll, Werewolves and Robots might as well be out of the question at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if we only get the top 3 occults from the Twitter Poll (Witches, Mermaids and either Fairies or Imaginary Friends, I'm not sure) or only the Winner (Witches) and that's it.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Be pleasantly surprised when the worst case scenario doesn't come true instead of disappointed when not all of your dreams and wishes are fulfilled.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Tigrebb wrote: »

IIRC, that’s been there a while. I think I’ve seen this before, posted by somebody else, but I’m not 100%.

I think witches will be the next occult life state. Probably between now and next Halloween is my guess.

—T
    edited November 2018
    To7m wrote: »

IIRC, that’s been there a while. I think I’ve seen this before, posted by somebody else, but I’m not 100%.

I think witches will be the next occult life state. Probably between now and next Halloween is my guess.

—T

I discovered that a bit after Vampires. No clue how long it has been there.
    I noticed that the Hermit clothes have that Tag on. Like the Witch Costumes in Spooky Stuff. Some Vampires CAS parts as well, perhaps. I haven't checked.
    In Get Famous, there are also some clothes I would deem appropriate as well.

—T

I noticed that the Hermit clothes have that Tag on. Like the Witch Costumes in Spooky Stuff. Some Vampires CAS parts as well, perhaps. I haven't checked.

Oh, maybe it was your post I was then, I just remember seeing something like that.

Either way, I think if we are going to get another occult, it will be witches. Justbhow soon is the question. I’d imagine they’re working on it already.

—T

—T

Oh, maybe it was your post I was then, I just remember seeing something like that.

Either way, I think if we are going to get another occult, it will be witches. Justbhow soon is the question. I’d imagine they’re working on it already.

—T

I hope so. The Witch clothing category tells me that they were planned to be added eventually. If the Occult Twitter Poll, like Grant said on Twitter, is for them to have a clue in what order to do them, and they have started working on a Witches pack right after, it wouldn't be ready yet on February or March. It wouldn't surprise me if they'll only do the top 3 occults. If my guesses are correct, we are getting a Witches Pack in September 2019 or later.
  • cyansimscyansims Posts: 7 New Member
    I want magic. I want a lot of magic. I want my Sims to be sorceresses or wizards. I do not care what the Sims Team calls them. Yes, I loved the addition of vampires and their spells, but I want magical powers to be so much more powerful than the witches in the Sims 3. The more magic learned, the more powerful my magical Sim will become. Steal souls, instantly give an abused baby a different father to be genetically related to, summoning spirits, controlling the minds of others, giving life to dead sims (or giving dead Sims the opportunity to be zombies), heal the sick, learning skills faster (and instantly changing other Sims' skills), choosing what their child looks like, giving other Sims Immortality without their having to eat "life fruit" over and over again, etc. Not only should the witches/wizards/sorcerers/sorceresses have to choose between being a "good" magic user or being an "evil" magic user--that magic user should also have the option to learn some of the "good" spells and some "bad" spells mixed together (and even some spells that are in between). I do not want my magic users to look any different than other non-magic users. I want my Sims to be feared (if I'm evil), or praised by others (If my magic users do good things)--yes, I want my magic Sims to have a reputation, but most of all I want my "evil" Sims have the option of changing into "good" Sims, and vice-versa. And it would be cool to play a magical Sim who has the reputation of doing whatever the highest-paying job does, such as doing an "evil deed" for money and doing "good deeds" for whoever is the highest bidder--having a mixed reputation.

I am so tired of waiting for magic to be added to the Sims 4. I get very, very disappointed when I realize the next expansion pack or game pack has nothing to do with magic. I am so tired of waiting that I play the Sims 3 Supernatural instead of even touching the Sims 4. Yes, becoming famous has the potential for entertaining game play. Just add magic already! I'll be instantly back to the Sims 4 enthralled! I think it's almost shocking that it hasn't come yet. So many suggest magic over and over and over again. I know a lot of people have been clamoring for Sims 4 Seasons. That is fine, I understand. ...... Magic!!! Magic, magic!! So many, so many fans begging for magic! I am on my knees, Maxis. I beg of you, listen to my plea! I'm suffering, so much suffering!! Magic!
  • Lidia246Lidia246 Posts: 1 New Member
    I really hope that they bring back the witches, I wouldn't be surprised if the next GP to be released is witches, because it would be better to release a witches pack soon due to the revival of witches in the The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Netflix show and the return of the witches in American Horror Story.
  • Maho-GamerMaho-Gamer Posts: 94 Member
    A message to my past self...

You have nothing to worry about. Your prayers have been answered. Go out and have fun.

—T

—T

—T

I hope so. The Witch clothing category tells me that they were planned to be added eventually. If the Occult Twitter Poll, like Grant said on Twitter, is for them to have a clue in what order to do them, and they have started working on a Witches pack right after, it wouldn't be ready yet on February or March. It wouldn't surprise me if they'll only do the top 3 occults. If my guesses are correct, we are getting a Witches Pack in September 2019 or later.

What did I tell y’all!?

I knew it’d be September lol

—T
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited September 2019

—T

—T

—T

What did I tell y’all!?

—T

Any ideas when the Legacy Game is coming out then or the next Pack after University? :D
    Simburian wrote: »

—T

—T

—T

What did I tell y’all!?

—T

Any ideas when the Legacy Game is coming out then or the next Pack after University? :D

I’d guess farming after university. What is the Legacy Game? I’ve not heard of that.

—T
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

—T

—T

—T

What did I tell y’all!?

—T

I’d guess farming after university. What is the Legacy Game? I’ve not heard of that.

—T

I'm also wondering that.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

—T

—T

—T

What did I tell y’all!?

—T

—T

There should have been a Legacy update in June that was postponed to "sometime in the future" (I guess at the very least until after the last most requested pack is out of the way) dropping 32 bit support - together with a 32 bit Legacy Version of the game with all packs until then for systems that don't support 64 bit yet. If I remember that last part correctly, at least.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

—T

—T

—T

What did I tell y’all!?

—T

—T

There should have been a Legacy update in June that was postponed to "sometime in the future" (I guess at the very least until after the last most requested pack is out of the way) dropping 32 bit support - together with a 32 bit Legacy Version of the game with all packs until then for systems that don't support 64 bit yet. If I remember that last part correctly, at least.

Sorry, I meant Legacy Edition of which we haven't heard anything but that it was coming later in the year....see below link......

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p/7954169#M13283

—T

—T

—T

What did I tell y’all!?

—T

—T

—T

—T

—T

What did I tell y’all!?

—T

—T

Didn’t that happen already? I’m confused.

—T
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

—T

—T

—T

What did I tell y’all!?

—T

—T

—T

—T

—T

What did I tell y’all!?

—T

—T

Didn’t that happen already? I’m confused.

—T

Noooo, it was postponed :P
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif