Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnant spellcaster in magic realm

Sorry if this has been discussed and I missed it. My pregnant (by Morgan of course) spellcaster went to the magic realm in her third trimester. She went there and was instantly not pregnant. I took her home and she was not pregnant. They tried to conceive again about 20 times all to no avail saying she failed to conceive.
I bought her the 'fertile' perk and then they were able to conceive again.
However, she went back to the magic realm only to be made not pregnant again! I did save beforehand this time so went back to the old save and kept her safe in Glimmerbrook to have her baby (a girl, Fiora Embergoth).
So, caution, keep your pregnant Sims away from the magic realm!

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I read that the mood stabilizer potion is removing pregnancy, but I've yet to test this myself. Did you maybe have drink the potion while you were there?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    I read that the mood stabilizer potion is removing pregnancy, but I've yet to test this myself. Did you maybe have drink the potion while you were there?

Nope I didn't. Maybe I took one before going to the realm, I can't recall.
    But definitely both times I became "unpregnant" the instant I arrived in the magic realm. I used the glimmerstone to get there.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    That's weird indeed. Thanks for the heads-up!
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Sounds like you have to be super careful with pregnant spellcasters, this is good to know.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Huh that’s weird. Do you have any other mods?

I’ve been running a 100 baby challenge with a spellcaster and have her use the glimmerstone a lot to poof into the realm, and have yet to have any issues regarding this. I have mods in my own game (and a LOT of cc), but made sure they were all updated and been keeping a close eye on last exceptions.

If you have mods I would definitely double check, and if not I would run a repair of your game.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

I’ve been running a 100 baby challenge with a spellcaster and have her use the glimmerstone a lot to poof into the realm, and have yet to have any issues regarding this. I have mods in my own game (and a LOT of cc), but made sure they were all updated and been keeping a close eye on last exceptions.

If you have mods I would definitely double check, and if not I would run a repair of your game.

It’s also possible that mods could be preventing it? If you’re using mccc it could be keeping the game from doing whatever that was.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

It’s also possible that mods could be preventing it? If you’re using mccc it could be keeping the game from doing whatever that was.

Possibly, as I am running MCCC, but usually if there is a massive glitch in the game (especially as this is the version that came out with the patch, not after the game pack) I would be surprised if it prevents this without it noting it. And the fact that this is the first I’ve seen of this specific issue, it makes me think the OP’s game is either bugged or a less-used mod or corrupted bit of CC is interfering.

Honestly tempted to take my mods out and run her to the realm to double check out of curiosity tonight, especially since I’ve got multiple save files.
  • MadHatterReaperMadHatterReaper Posts: 6 New Member
    I hate to hijack your post but honestly piggybacking is the only tool I have right now. Is there any way to remove the spellcaster trait from a sim once they have it? Some of my townies became spellcasters and I don't want them to be. I have tried looking everywhere for info about removing it but I can't find anything. Sorry again for this
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I hate to hijack your post but honestly piggybacking is the only tool I have right now. Is there any way to remove the spellcaster trait from a sim once they have it? Some of my townies became spellcasters and I don't want them to be. I have tried looking everywhere for info about removing it but I can't find anything. Sorry again for this
    The only way I know is to take them to the realm and ask a sage for “disillusion” I believe it’s called, and can be found under the “magic” social menus (you might have to increase their relationship with the sage first). I’m sure there are mods out there that can do that faster, there is a mod that prevents it from happening in the first place.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited September 2019

If you're fine with using cheat codes, Carl's guide has a list of cheats for equipping (and un-equiping) traits. For NPC's, I think you need to get their simID first.

Look here:
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/realmofmagic/cheats.php
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    On topic - I haven't had a chance to see if the glimmerstone affects pregnancies in my game, but I do know that my test spellcaster at least flew to the magical realm while pregnant. She may have traveled by glimmerstone too, but I honestly don't remember.

I do have MCCC installed. At the time I played in the test save, it was the only mods or CC I had.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    @MadHatterReaper Try traits.remove_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult_Manifested
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2019
    Wow, that is really upsetting. I'd definitely report this as a bug. Does it happen when you are not running mods?

My sim has been to the magical realm many times pregnant, but she has not experienced this issue. In fact, this last time she went into labor there and when I teleported her home to deliver, she arrived as she should, in labor. She delivered twins. I don't run any mods, though, I just have a few cc makeup items.
    tumblr_py331mhTQW1vorh5do2_1280.jpg

I had taken her there to eat all the magical motes, cause you know, spell caster pregnancy cravings and all that. LOL
    tumblr_py32ywora81vorh5do5_1280.jpg

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Huh? That's a very unusual bug. I haven't had the plentiful needs remove pregnancy on any of my pregnant sims although when my spell caster went to the magic realm in the third trimester it paused her pregnancy until she went back home.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

edited September 2019
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    It’s also possible that mods could be preventing it?
    I have never used any mods, that's the weird part!

My spellcaster had since had 3 More children but I havn't risked going to the magic realm while pregnant again.

I might test it out again later and see if it still happens.

Could just be my spellcaster, she has vampire and alien in her background genetics and one of her babies was born with the purple vampire bats around the cot, but when he aged up he was just a spellcaster like the others.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Alien and vampire genetic background, eh, I like how you sim, JediMuppet! lol :fist bump: That's my kind of simmer! lol Anyway, I hope you don't run into this issue again. You can report the bug here, though. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg

I wouldn't do that if I were you. My sim drank it while pregnant. Not only did it remove the pregnancy, but she hasn't been able to become pregnant ever since, and she's got the fertilizer trait. Silly me managed to save over the same file after the damage was done.
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Hmm I haven’t had any issues with a pregnant Spellcaster in the realm besides the emotion potion issue. But my sim was there the whole time throughout her pregnancy, had twins when it was time. She had twitches haha
    Well my spellcaster is pregnant again and went to the magic realm. All fine this time.
    I wonder if it was to do with a potion used before going there. Who knows!
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    My sim has been to the magical realm through 3 pregnancies and never had a problem. I have MCCC and a few maxis match cc items. My sim had twins which seems to be a pattern for spellcasters. She flew and used the glimmerstone to get there. She hasn't drunk any potions while pregnant though.
    Phew! Seems like a restart of the game did the trick, she's pregnant again now. But I'm going to stay far away from that potion (and the realm, just to be sure) for as long as she's expecting.
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I have sent a pregnant sim to the magic realm about 5 times with no problems. Also she had drank the mood solver potion a couple of times without problems. I have to be more careful next time just to be sure that this doesn't happen to me.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm... I will just make a new save as soon as a spellcaster is pregnant, then I can always go back to it if all else fails.

Thanks guys :)
  • MadHatterReaperMadHatterReaper Posts: 6 New Member
    > @telemwill said:
    > @MadHatterReaper Try traits.remove_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult_Manifested

> @DaWaterRat said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > If you're fine with using cheat codes, Carl's guide has a list of cheats for equipping (and un-equiping) traits. For NPC's, I think you need to get their simID first.
    >
    > Look here:
    > https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/realmofmagic/cheats.php

> @Kita5399 said:
    > (Quote)
    > The only way I know is to take them to the realm and ask a sage for “disillusion” I believe it’s called, and can be found under the “magic” social menus (you might have to increase their relationship with the sage first). I’m sure there are mods out there that can do that faster, there is a mod that prevents it from happening in the first place.

THANK YOU! Thanks for your help, It was driving me insane that Brock and Misty, plus others were hanging out in the magic realm having no reason to be there. I will try these various methods. Again thank you so much!
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    > @telemwill said:
    > @MadHatterReaper Try traits.remove_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult_Manifested

> @DaWaterRat said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > If you're fine with using cheat codes, Carl's guide has a list of cheats for equipping (and un-equiping) traits. For NPC's, I think you need to get their simID first.
    >
    > Look here:
    > https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/realmofmagic/cheats.php

> @Kita5399 said:
    > (Quote)
    > The only way I know is to take them to the realm and ask a sage for “disillusion” I believe it’s called, and can be found under the “magic” social menus (you might have to increase their relationship with the sage first). I’m sure there are mods out there that can do that faster, there is a mod that prevents it from happening in the first place.

THANK YOU! Thanks for your help, It was driving me insane that Brock and Misty, plus others were hanging out in the magic realm having no reason to be there. I will try these various methods. Again thank you so much!

Reading another post here, you may not need the "manifested" on the end to remove the trait. So you can try either way to see what works.