Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic - Beginner's guide

Comments

• ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    Thanks @DaWaterRat Looking forward to this pack.
  • yasi881998yasi881998 Posts: 22 New Member
    > @EmpressEllie said:
    > > @yasi881998 said:
    > > > @EmpressEllie said:
    > > > I'm not sure if this is the place for this question, but does anyone have any idea on when realm of magic will be available for build a bundle?
    > >
    > > exactly i have been asking the same thing!
    >
    > So I figured it out, dont use the origin client to bundle for some reason it doesnt work, instead go into origin online and then go to buy it, it will tell you that you can save buy bundling, click that and it should show up, if it doesnt try going incognito.

Thanks a lot but it is available now on the origin app as well for the bundle, guess it just took a few days haha
  • SupernovanSupernovan Posts: 7 New Member
    Am I delusional or do the new hairstyles look like remakes of old hairstyles? The short hair for females looks like the one from get famous that was used om the female character in the trailer. The wavy male hair looks like a slightly longer version of the male hair from romantic garden stuff pack and the long backslick looks like an edited version of the backslick from spa day... and the kitchen counters are recolors of an old counter but they couldn't do a recolor for the cabinets?
  • GothicQueenGothicQueen Posts: 3 New Member
    I have a problem with this. First of, when i try to create a new sim it shows up just as a grey figure. I did end up getting to customize my character but as soon as i was gonna choose the new city to live in its just a gray map. This is really bugging me as i was very excited to play. Anyone have an idea whats going on? Also is the icon for this pack supposed to be a llama/alpacka?
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I have a problem with this. First of, when i try to create a new sim it shows up just as a grey figure. I did end up getting to customize my character but as soon as i was gonna choose the new city to live in its just a gray map. This is really bugging me as i was very excited to play. Anyone have an idea whats going on? Also is the icon for this pack supposed to be a llama/alpacka?

I usually only get the llama icon when it's a mod causing the issue. Do you have any installed? If so make sure they are all up to date. If not, maybe try a game repair.
  • Katari15Katari15 Posts: 27 Member
    Idk where to post this, but I'm having major bug issues with realm of magic. Just bought it and installed it, and then when I went to start a new game or load an existing game, the game white screened and then crashed. Never did that before I installed ROM. I'm currently re-installing The Sims 4. I already tried uninstalling and re-installing Origin, and that didn't help. I tried disabling ROM, and that didn't work either. Can anyone help me??? My game is literally unplayable right now.
    > @CelSims said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I usually only get the llama icon when it's a mod causing the issue. Do you have any installed? If so make sure they are all up to date. If not, maybe try a game repair.

As far as i know I dont have any mods installed. All i have is a few other sims 4 packs. I am thinking about trying to reinstall the sims 4 and see if that works. I made a new character and i put her on a plot and when i click on it its just loading forever. I uninstalled a few other games that i dont play to make more space thinking its that and restarted the game but that didnt help.
  • Delaney_123Delaney_123 Posts: 1 New Member
    First of all, i love the realm of Magic. Its the most beautiful magic pack i have played in all the sims!
    I do miss some things and experience bugs.

Bugs:
    1. If i drag my potions to a cubboard, shelf or little tables it turns into a red plastic cup.
    2. When i want my mage to resume writing her book my sim will not write or move for an half hour untill i give up and ask her to just write a new book.

Things I miss:
    I miss white magic spells. I would love to play my sim as a white mage and be famous for her healing abilities to cure pets, strays or sims. So my white mage can just walk down the street and heal others left and right or sims can come to her for a healing. It's now all about annoying other sims, resurrect them or just being practical as a spellcaster. Which i love by the way. I just really miss this white mage part. We do have boost potions in alchemy but i would love spellcasters to have something similar as well.
    I ended up reinstalling everything and its working now. happy i dont have to many packs cuz it would have taken forever
    I ended up reinstalling everything and its working now. happy i dont have to many packs cuz it would have taken forever

Good to hear it, have a blast :)
  • AlexSims4AlexSims4 Posts: 1 New Member
    know if there's a mod that stops humans in Glimmerbrook in the World of Magic ?
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited September 2019
    AlexSims4 wrote: »
    know if there's a mod that stops humans in Glimmerbrook in the World of Magic ?

@AlexSims4 This modder seems to have two: https://www.patreon.com/posts/rom-mods-master-29979674
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • nghsrae14nghsrae14 Posts: 22 Member
    Spellcasters move too much in CAS! Like Every 8 seconds they're casting a spell, moving around to the point where I can barely do what I needed to do because with them moving so much I can't see!
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    nghsrae14 wrote: »
    Spellcasters move too much in CAS! Like Every 8 seconds they're casting a spell, moving around to the point where I can barely do what I needed to do because with them moving so much I can't see!

Sims are constantly moving in CAS. I don't think this issue is unique to spellcasters. If it bothers you so much, there's a mod that makes them stand still.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited September 2019
    Deleted
  • NeonTulieNeonTulie Posts: 2 New Member
    Anyone else having issues with accessing Caster’s Alley, the Garden’s, and Duelling from the Realm Of Magic House? My portals aren’t working (the portals that are IN the Realm). My sim walks into them and merely disappears, no fancy lights around her or option to enter portal, just simply fades as she nears it. Hoping this is a bug that can be fixed soon.. Haven’t been able to play the pack since gameplay is dependent on accessing these different places.
    NeonTulie wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with accessing Caster’s Alley, the Garden’s, and Duelling from the Realm Of Magic House? My portals aren’t working (the portals that are IN the Realm). My sim walks into them and merely disappears, no fancy lights around her or option to enter portal, just simply fades as she nears it. Hoping this is a bug that can be fixed soon.. Haven’t been able to play the pack since gameplay is dependent on accessing these different places.

Have you tried just moving your camera over to the area you want them to go and clicking the ground there for the 'go here' option?
    This isn't a problem I've seen anyone else say they have :/
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    @NeonTulie Try following your sim by right clicking on their portrait, it will take you to where they will be as they have ported away.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Where does your sim go? Do they disappear or just walk through to the other side and travel nowhere?
  • NeonTulieNeonTulie Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes, I’ve tried locking my screen to follow them, it just stays where they walk up to/fade beside the portal. It’s like the option to travel through the portal isn’t occurring.

Going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game pack to see if that works, very disappointed though obviously :(
  • KSISCO17KSISCO17 Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm not sure if anyone else as asked this but the magical eyes only change colors instead of looking the way the image looks like the green cat eye one doesn't give my sim eyes that way, is there a setting I need to turn on?
  • simsiemimsiesimsiemimsie Posts: 1 New Member
    anyone else having issues with sims rank going up and then resetting and then clearing most of your perks? it keeps happening to one of my sims and it’s so annoying 😩
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited September 2019
    Please tell me if my simself can keep her job as Policewoman if I turn her into a witch this is for my story and if she can still live in Willow Creek thank you for the help.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Please tell me if my simself can keep her job as Policewoman if I turn her into a witch this is for my story and if she can still live in Willow Creek thank you for the help.

I have not heard that having any job makes any difference. But yoru police woman could go looking for the suspect, find them and freeze them so they didn't run for it. :D
  • EnyuEnyu Posts: 17 Member
    I'm trying to collect all colors of different wands. When I send my dog familiar out hunting, he only comes home with brooms. When I duel, I only win brooms. The store has the same color of wand (it's a different wand but still the same color from other days). Is there anyone who collected the full wand set with all colors without using debug cheat?