Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    NoTalent wrote: »
    vikinglexi wrote: »
    Can I also just say how i DON'T like the overly pushed down the throat lgbt content which pops up in everything and everywhere with this game.
    Thank you for reading this.

As a member of the lgbt community, I agree. I don't like that they're start to "Rowling" some of it too (i.e. only informing us on twitter that one of the spellcasters is nonbinary, rather than ingame).

I am in the same boat. I am the G in LGBT (as much as I hate telling people my sexuality or lifestyle) and I cringe whenever I see them (or anyone else) using it as a way to push their product and showcase that they are accepting and diverse. Like, marriages between same-sex Sims was done back in Sims 2 and publically known. It may have been done earlier, but it was still the pushing point.

No idea why they are trying so hard to be as inclusive and offence to someone now when their past has shown a history of acceptance.

When they released the gay couple in Sims 4 Pets, I was livid because that overshadowed the content of the game. It was like a constant popup flashing, “LOOK! LOOK! We did this! Please, accept us that we are diverse! HAHA WE LOVE ALL BUY OUR DLC!”

When they released the pride stuff, I was disgusted because the Sims has no need for it. My Sims do not care if someone is gay or straight, a male or a female. Everything is accepted without question. Having an LGBT flag is redundant. If there were Sims who hated you because your Sim was gay (unlikely), I could understand, but no one hates your Sims because of their orientation or lifestyle.

The fact they had to push Morgyn’s identity on us without showing it in-game is a joke. However, the game itself is quite shallow storytelling wise, so they needed somehow to sell us their diversity as cheaply as possible.

Also, I am thrilled I am not the only person to use a J.K Rowling scale.

I am so glad that this is not a one sided issue, but how it becomes factional that EA uses the whole LGBT. pride, rainbow content etc. for marketing and its just.. leave people alone. There is all the freedom in the sims and anyone can play how they want, no need to push one side over another.
    Ok sorry OP for going off-topic, just wanted to share how glad I am this is an issue to be looked at by game developers :)
  • am guy and not bothered being the sims labeled as a feminine game.
    y'all got bread?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    overdecorating a room with clutter doesn't make it attractive

I wish I could like this a thousand times!
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited September 2019
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I’ve seen people mention that they’d like sims to have to go grocery shopping instead of paying for stuff when they cook and I really don’t want that. One nice thing is being able to have my sims cook the cultural dishes from City Living without having to buy ingredients every time.

I like that not all careers are active. Acting and Science are fun and all, but a lot of jobs like culinary and business sound like they’d be really boring to play.

I'd like grocery shopping if it works like the Sims 2 and you can order it, lol. I feel it could work well as an option if it's just slightly cheaper than paying every time. (That way it wouldn't be obligatory)

Edit: I definitely agree about the active careers, though.
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I’ve seen people mention that they’d like sims to have to go grocery shopping instead of paying for stuff when they cook and I really don’t want that. One nice thing is being able to have my sims cook the cultural dishes from City Living without having to buy ingredients every time.

I like that not all careers are active. Acting and Science are fun and all, but a lot of jobs like culinary and business sound like they’d be really boring to play.

I'd like grocery shopping if it works like the Sims 2 and you can order it, lol. I feel it could work well as an option if it's just slightly cheaper than paying every time. (That way it wouldn't be obligatory)

I did a grocery shop by using a mod, and I can also order stuff through the fridge instead of always going to the shop to buy stuff but sometimes is fun to go to the shop and actually buy the stuff there.

I used this mod here http://modthesims.info/d/584503/graycurse-s-cooking-amp-ingredients-overhaul.html
  • I want clothes shopping like in Sims 2 to come back. Having to scroll though all clothing , even stuff I wouldn't use is time consuming and stressful.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    You know what? I like every single Sims game ;) No shade, I really do!

Me too! I've been playing it since the first game, and every one has been great fun.
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

I wish someone would tell this to the builders who regularly upload to the gallery would understand this, as well as MoveObjectsON.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    I wish plant sims were at least permanent life state. I don't need them to have any special powers.

I miss sims 2 Sims Plant. They were so cute. Especially the babies simplant.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I wish someone would tell this to the builders who regularly upload to the gallery would understand this, as well as MoveObjectsON.
    Not all builders too. I try not to upload with too much clutter because I know it slows down computers. As far as MOO cheat I like using it for rugs and curtains mainly which tend not to mess with routing in the game and I label in with #MOO. Downsizing is just so nice for rugs, so hard not to use it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    You're paintings suck. Get a real job!
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Not all builders too. I try not to upload with too much clutter because I know it slows down computers. As far as MOO cheat I like using it for rugs and curtains mainly which tend not to mess with routing in the game and I label in with #MOO. Downsizing is just so nice for rugs, so hard not to use it.

Oh, I understand that not all builders abuse MOO, and I know that many do tag #MOO in the descriptions. I'm talking to the ones who overuse it and don't tag it in the description so you don't know it's required/has been used until you get massive routing issues once you download off the gallery.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I'm sad that we don't get as many random City Living names as we used to.

I agree, some of them reminded me of my own name and it was nice to feel represented.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited September 2019
    sims players can simply be called casual gamers and there's no reason to be mad when hardcore gamers call them not actual gamers.
    y'all got bread?
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member

Oh my God, I feel attacked. You do not want to see how cluttered I can make some rooms. I feel like if my PC is not crying, it is hardly a house.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    • I don’t want to “free the babies”
    • I don’t want pre-teens. It’s all fun & games until like kid & toddlers they’re never getting any new CAS items in pack releases.
    • We don’t need cars.
    • Eliza Pancakes doesn’t bother me.
    • I think a farming pack is overrated. I already have farms in my games that work beautifully with the gardening update, I don’t need pigs, chickens, cows, or horses.
    • I like the gardening update.
    • Family players have a ton of content.
    • I love the pre-mades.
    • I don’t want werewolves or zombies.
    • I think cats and dogs was overrated. I love Brindleton Bay, the CAS, and BB items. But I never play with the pets because they are too pluming needy.
    • I think unpopular opinion threads ultimately show that unpopular opinions are actually pretty popular. :)
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    • I think cats and dogs was overrated. I love Brindleton Bay, the CAS, and BB items. But I never play with the pets because they are too pluming needy.

I didn't play with the pets very much, either. At least the familiars from Realm of Magic aren't needy.
    Right? I love RoM it’s so much fun! Who needs to bathe their dog every two days?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top