Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Placing lots questions (please help)

tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
edited March 2019 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
i'm having an issue with CAW. its always saying "please add a new layer before placing lots" and its really got me and my 12 year old son confused because i cant figure it out and when i ask him for help he says "i really don't know" and i can understand why hes confused and he knows more about it than i do and so that begs the question, how do i add a layer like it says to because i cant find it in the tutorial.

My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
Send me a friend request for Simport

Post edited by tallcoolone on

Comments

• Options
    D_CheekiesD_Cheekies Posts: 72 New Member
    edited December 2009
    you add a new layer by right clicking on the name of your world, which is to the far left, then click the option that says add layer.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited December 2009
    i'm having an issue with CAW. its always saying "please add a new layer before placing lots" and its really got me and my 12 year old son confused because i cant figure it out and when i ask him for help he says "i really don't know" and i can understand why hes confused and he knows more about it than i do and so that begs the question, how do i add a layer like it says to because i cant find it in the tutorial so please help

please reply!!!!!!!!!

To your left........at the very top of the layer tree click on the main/top one....right clicking brings up the option to add a layer.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I believe you right click on the base layer and then click add layer.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited December 2009
    Walen95 wrote:
    For those who do not know how to add a new layer...
    33ek1w2.jpg
    and select add layer. More layers means that if you mess up, you can always delete that single layer instead of a lot of your work. (Remember the undo button only goes back so far) :wink:
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited December 2009
    Thanks so much, got it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport