Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you Use Radios as BGM?

Comments

• Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    When you guys say you listen to radio, surely you don’t mean an actual AM/FM radio, right?
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Other
    Depends on which game. In Sims 3 that's what I usually do, but for Sims 4? I usually have a youtube video in the background for music, mostly for live mode but hardly for build mode. Cause that music is kinda good, especially the tracks from Vampires.
    Daephene wrote: »
    I used to in Sims 2, but in 4 the sims are too likely to start dancing every five minutes.
    Ugh I hate the dancing. if I want to listen to the radio in Sims 4 they will just give up whatever task they were doing and start dancing. Can hardly use the custom music channel and I don't feel like adding in an empty room just for a stereo.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Other
    I often do, but I never considered singing along. I have a feeling I am going to be teased by my wife in the near future.
  • Options
    NotFromDenmarkNotFromDenmark Posts: 1 New Member
    > @WolfNate said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Um You never use radios so you voted other despite me adding a No option...?

I imagine they thought not really meant occasionally
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Other
    At times.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Other
    Sometimes. My main sim is a music lover so he often has the radio on at home or his earbuds on when he's out jogging. I don't play music to simply pass the time though.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yes Music in Simlish!!
    When I have kids and teens in the household they listen to the classical station a lot to improve their Emotional Control.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Yes Music in Simlish!!
    I like the popular songs in Simlish better than English :D
    Also really like high level musical instruments and singing.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited September 2019
    Other
    I chose other because though I don’t turn the sim radio’s on, my sims usually do, and start dancing, even without the music lover trait. And usually have to remember to have them remember to turn it off. they tend to hi
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Other
    Sometimes, it really depends on what I'm doing with the game.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Not really
    Not at all. The first thing I do in any game I'm playing is mute the music. Its not that I dislike music. Its lovely. But I have a type of hearing loss that makes it very difficult to distinguish sounds if there is too much background clutter, so I mute the music. If I'm watching vids while playing, I mute all sound to the game. I also kill ambients along with the music. They don't sound like bird song and crickets to me, just clutter, so away they go.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes Music in Simlish!!
    My Spellcaster has been alternating between New Age and Spooky. It suits playing him. :)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes Music in Simlish!!
    sometimes unless i have one of my sims play instruments on side like i usually do then i listen to that and my sims skill at same time (practice sounds are horrible though so i make them actually play some songs :joy:

i do listen to other stuff too though depends on mood
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Yes Music in Simlish!!
    So_Money wrote: »
    When you guys say you listen to radio, surely you don’t mean an actual AM/FM radio, right?

why not?
    I also listen to old casette tapes i got at times and its all good :blush:
  • Options
    Silver_Ghost925Silver_Ghost925 Posts: 40 Member
    Other
    Simmingal wrote: »

why not?

Why stop there? Got a huge vinyl collection that also serves as background music while playing!
  • Options
    Yes Music in Simlish!!
    Simmingal wrote: »

why not?

Why stop there? Got a huge vinyl collection that also serves as background music while playing!

true vinyls are even nicer :sunglasses:
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Yes Music in Simlish!!
    Since the sims 3 I’ve always played the stereos in game. Usually pop in my sims homes and depending on the venues it will vary what I play on the stereos on the communal lots. I have gone one further and if it’s a song I really like and have discovered I can buy it in the English version (both sims 3 and 4) I have.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes Music in Simlish!!
    Just like some people do not want real language on decor or clothes in their game - I feel the same way about music and only want Simlish music in my game. So the only way a non-simlish bit of music would be in my game is if that was the way it was recorded for this game. I have always used the Simlish radio stations and music in all my Sims games.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    Other
    I usually put my own music files in the pop music folder. So I have a mix of English, Korean and simlish music to listen to.
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Yes Music in Simlish!!
    And here I was thinking I'm the only one who does that :D
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes Music in Simlish!!
    Absolutely! All of my sims homes have radios and I always have it turned on high when they're awake or at home. I love the radio stations. (Alternative is my fav)
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    To be honest, I can't even think of 1 Sims 4 song of the top of my head. I should definitely use the radio more. I still sing many songs from TS3 though, and I haven't played it in a while.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Yes Music in Simlish!!
    I love the stereo stations in the game with the blues and pop stations being favorites. I wish there were ways to take out the lullabies. :s
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Yes Music in Simlish!!
    Yes. I really love that different sims have different favourite stations and will change channels autonomously. My musical entertainer sim plays classical and jazz stations. When her husband gets home he will put on hop hop or backyard channel
    The children naturally gravitate towards kids radio and my teens have a wide variety of tastes. It forces me out of my comfort zone and makes each save feel different. I do like that packs have given us new and different channels or it would become boring a lot faster.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited September 2019
    Not really
    Clicked "Not really" but probably should be "Other" as I didn't use to, but I find I've been doing it recently. Generally I don't bother listening to in game music, but the Sims is as good as Tropico 1 and 3's and almost as great as 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Rampage's, which is a really ridiculous and fun game from the early 2000's with a great Psychobilly soundtrack.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs