The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Sims 4 is the best sims game, for me it is anyway. :D

Thank you.
    I feel I have to say nearly once a week to other gamers
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The long lifespan setting is a waste of time.

It's the only lifespan setting I use. :D
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I know people keep asking for The Sims 2’s memory system back, but I’d like to be able to delete sims I don’t like without corrupting my game. And I’m not just talking about the random sims, I just don’t always want the same sims all the time. And memories in The Sims 3 were overdone. Congratulations, you found a rock, this is definitely worth remembering!

Cinematic cutscenes seem like they’d get old pretty fast.
    Yeah Sims 2 memory system was awesome. It didn't clutter like the notifications thing the Sims 3 and 4 has. That brings a good point how I don't like story progression in the Sims 3 or 4 without the help of mods. I think it a poorly coded system and prefer making my own neighborhood and removing Sims without corruption like I could with the Sims 2. I had more control over my game.

I loved the cut scenes. I remember talking to SimGuruDaniel about them how tough they were to make and expensive. But I do still miss them and him working on the team. It was nice having someone to talk to who understood the older Sims game like him.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • PositivibeePositivibee Posts: 52 Member
    Can I also just say how i DON'T like the overly pushed down the throat lgbt content which pops up in everything and everywhere with this game.
    Thank you for reading this.

As a member of the lgbt community, I agree. I don't like that they're start to "Rowling" some of it too (i.e. only informing us on twitter that one of the spellcasters is nonbinary, rather than ingame).
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    vikinglexi wrote: »
    Can I also just say how i DON'T like the overly pushed down the throat lgbt content which pops up in everything and everywhere with this game.

As a member of the lgbt community, I agree. I don't like that they're start to "Rowling" some of it too (i.e. only informing us on twitter that one of the spellcasters is nonbinary, rather than ingame).

It is funny how even lgbt members feel kind of insulted or annoyed by the circus Maxis is pulling of and I think you and the others are right to feel so as well. So thank you for your comment ;)

I know it is a request to have in game too from listening to other Simmers. Since I have some friends that are, I wouldn't mind it being an in-game feature too. I found out through Twitch about Morgyn being non-binary.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,938 Member
    edited September 2019

It is funny how even lgbt members feel kind of insulted or annoyed by the circus Maxis is pulling of and I think you and the others are right to feel so as well. So thank you for your comment ;)

yeah its starting to feel bit too much like "marketing ploy" by now like inclusivity is all nice but id prefer they didnt make "show" out of it so to speak

but yeah lets try and get this thread back on subject should we :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I don't want cars or farming
  • NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    [

Well technically a different EA studio had the rights to make the HP games and they had to stay pretty true to each movie as it came out and book. I do not believe EA could have used those rights to take bits and pieces out of those games and give them to another of it's studios to use in their packs. Plus when I went looking about that very same info (I thought the same as you did) I saw that JKRowling gave the rights to Warner after her agreements and contract with EA ended.

So EA would need to get an agreement from Warner to do anything as Warner owns all the rights since EA's expired.

By the way that info was mentioned on HQ.

I can always count on you to make a great response Reg!

That said I’m a bit confused with the different EA studios bit: the Star Wars games and The Sims games are developed by two different teams owned by EA (and was the case for Harry Potter until Deathly Hallows 2 iirc?), but TS4 still received content based on SW — post-Disney. If a notoriously family-friendly company like them can allow one of their biggest IPs to be represented in a game that has WooHoo as a feature, I can’t see WB having an issue with it either.

I do agree at this point it’s moot it’d be nigh impossible for EA to get the license again since Portkey Games (wholly owned by WB) is the new HP developer.

I just wanted some Ravenclaw scarves dang it 😿

900woh.png
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't want cars or farming

I agree. If I wanna do farm stuff I'll play Stardew Valley.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    I'm just not a fan of 'normal' gameplay. Grow up, get married, have babies, raise children, work, retire, die. The domestic stuff bores me. It's not just occults I prefer, I love the idea of even just having a main Sim in a world where literally anything can happen. Abducted by aliens? Sure! Best friend is a vampire? Okay! Save the world from a brain-altering possibly alien plant? Done! Go on vacation to a spectacular jungle and fight through cursed temples to find great treasures? Excellent! I still remember excitedly capslocking at one of my friends when playing World Adventures how I just had a boss battle against an immortal mummy because oh my gah that's so cool! And I still regret never getting to play TS2 because Strangetown sounds so rad.

Anyway tl;dr normal domestic gameplay is boring and the outlandish and weird is where it's at.

I agree with you
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    people who constantly complain about the game are not 'haters', people simply care about the game.
    Thank you. Been the biggest misunderstood towards forums. I shared that Taylor Swift video for people who broke the rules with hate towards other Simmers and Gurus especially during the time they were getting death threats in dm. Like if you listen to the Taylor Swift videos You Need to Calm Down and Shake it Off people will obviously know it is referring to the social media hate in general beyond just the Sims. But then again, who really reads lyrics to songs these days anyways. It is like the bad eggs comments got directed to forums, when it was referred to a particular group, the same with the hater thing. I mean want a perfect example of this, look at the gender update and hijab update that showed xenophobia. That is what it was referring to hating people for just being who they are as people that goes beyond just the game. But then again can't trust bad publicity these days to show accurate news, so been wondering how long that game of the telephone game would last. Nice to know someone that finally notices it now. I was waiting for someone to use their brain to figure it out. Some of the most passionate people actually care about the game and honestly I view as the true fans of the franchise when they talk about the game itself. I've read far too many articles spreading lies about the Sims community, the game, and the Gurus themselves, it is as if some people don't move on from high school drama. But yeah never been a fan of fan sites for that reason that claim to have Sims in their name but never actually talk about the game or play it. Sorry to be the source of that label, but honestly didn't know it would take off like it did. Kind of like the tuna thing with Gaiaonline I did that made people mad.....internet making dumb things popular.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    You know what? I like every single Sims game ;) No shade, I really do!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hate how in the Sims fandom it seems you have to hate all over whatever Sim game isn't your current favorite or something. I so, so rarely see any post saying anything like, you know what...I like every single Sims game! These games have been faithful companions for me ever since I discovered the Sims 2 in 2006. They have been by my side through my children growing up and me getting divorced and learning that I was strong enough to make it on my own. They comforted me in times of sadness and tickled me in times of joy. I have every single game and dlc currently installed on my computer. I currently play numerous beloved sim families in the Sims 2-4. (I'd probably have Sims 1 too, if I had played it.) Sometimes I feel like the only Sim player like this. Am I? Am I the only one that likes the entire Sim series and currently plays the whole thing?

no I'm the same
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • PositivibeePositivibee Posts: 52 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    I'm just not a fan of 'normal' gameplay. Grow up, get married, have babies, raise children, work, retire, die. The domestic stuff bores me. It's not just occults I prefer, I love the idea of even just having a main Sim in a world where literally anything can happen. Abducted by aliens? Sure! Best friend is a vampire? Okay! Save the world from a brain-altering possibly alien plant? Done! Go on vacation to a spectacular jungle and fight through cursed temples to find great treasures? Excellent! I still remember excitedly capslocking at one of my friends when playing World Adventures how I just had a boss battle against an immortal mummy because oh my gah that's so cool! And I still regret never getting to play TS2 because Strangetown sounds so rad.

Anyway tl;dr normal domestic gameplay is boring and the outlandish and weird is where it's at.

Agreed!

Also I’m getting really tired of the extreme realism players who insist that we shouldn’t get stuff like this at all.

You can say lilsimsie
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Nyosim wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    [

Well technically a different EA studio had the rights to make the HP games and they had to stay pretty true to each movie as it came out and book. I do not believe EA could have used those rights to take bits and pieces out of those games and give them to another of it's studios to use in their packs. Plus when I went looking about that very same info (I thought the same as you did) I saw that JKRowling gave the rights to Warner after her agreements and contract with EA ended.

So EA would need to get an agreement from Warner to do anything as Warner owns all the rights since EA's expired.

By the way that info was mentioned on HQ.

I can always count on you to make a great response Reg!

That said I’m a bit confused with the different EA studios bit: the Star Wars games and The Sims games are developed by two different teams owned by EA (and was the case for Harry Potter until Deathly Hallows 2 iirc?), but TS4 still received content based on SW — post-Disney. If a notoriously family-friendly company like them can allow one of their biggest IPs to be represented in a game that has WooHoo as a feature, I can’t see WB having an issue with it either.

I do agree at this point it’s moot it’d be nigh impossible for EA to get the license again since Portkey Games (wholly owned by WB) is the new HP developer.

I just wanted some Ravenclaw scarves dang it 😿

Me too. I used to enjoy making my own versions of HP for my game. There used to be some great HP downloads over at modthesims.

Well I think most of the issue though using EA made HP stuff was because JKRowling just didn't seem to want to allow it - she is pretty specific like that - where as Disney doesn't seem to have an issue with their Star Wars outfits etc being used in the Sims. The Sims has almost always been "close" with Disney - featuring a good number of Disney Kids/stars in the Sims games and all. I remember when we could use a likeness of Hillary Duff (a Disney Kid) and her little dog was in Sims 2 pets. She was just one of many Disney kids over the years Disney has approved of working with EA and the Sims.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• EllGeorgianaEllGeorgiana Posts: 13 New Member
    I love using Whims :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top