Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @abelhinha35 Regarding the number of pictures - I don't know if they have a limit, but I've never had a problem. And I've loaded albums of over 40 pictures before. And I've got a lot of albums stored there.
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Allears wrote: »
    @abelhinha35 Regarding the number of pictures - I don't know if they have a limit, but I've never had a problem. And I've loaded albums of over 40 pictures before. And I've got a lot of albums stored there.

I have imgur albums with over one thousand screenshots And I don't even know how many allbums I have at the moent. Current screenshot total is 12,115.
    image.png
    edited September 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #127 - The Smell of Tea & Nutbread

FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:TresaofPern
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Domus Familiaris
    NEW LOT LINK: High Tea
    LOT COST: N/A
    GALLERY COST: 84,974
    TOTAL COST: 84,974
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/liCcJYM
    ENTRY DETAILS: This house may be small, but the upstairs is cozily decorated and has just room enough for a family with mall children. There are many opportunities to relax and have fun as well as work at either the computer or the stove. The family has private entrances on both sides as well as behind the small tea shop below. It is built up on a small hill, and while the yard is also small, the back has room for a garden.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None. Uses artwork by eveana, myrca2504, and @rosemow.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    b7qIUwt.png

NkSbelW.png
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member

Thanks hun, but looks like my network is to slow cause it can't load my 68 images. I don't know what to do, I will try to figure it out this afternoon.
    edited September 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Mistical Tea Shop
    NEW LOT LINK:
    LOT COST: 2 000
    BUILD COST: 84 982
    TOTAL COST: 86 982
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/S6kSVvm (ie - the photos are from last to first. I don't know how to change it :D )
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D21657E4DA1311E982741EC7164F8428?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false

ENTRY DETAILS: The Mystical Tea Shop is a quaint early 20th century cottage style build with magical stream and garden. Built on Grimmer Brook Watch lot, the underground spring supplies the brook with crystal clear water. Surounded by breathtaking woodsy neighborhood of Grimmer Brook, Mystical Tea Shop fits perfectly and is an awesome place for locals to get together and socialize. I have splurged most of the budget on the building, landscaping and ground floor tea shop. I have provided the Washington family with all the essencial requirement in their home. The reason for this is, that as the Mystical Tea Shop thrives, they will be able to fill their home with more personalized furnishing and accessories.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    vT9dgIP.jpg
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    0NNKW7o.png
    FORUM ID: RachelShennan
    ORIGIN ID: RachelShennan
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Gingham Tea House (South Square Coffee)
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2637A784D9F711E98E31FEC1E351F12F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=rachelshennan&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,000
    GALLERY COST: $84,607
    TOTAL COST: $86,607
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://simmershen.blogspot.com/2019/09/gingham-tea-house-bns-127.html
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Shirley and Jerome just inherited a plot of land and wasn't sure what to do with it. With a love of home baking and wanting to spend more time with her children, Shirley suggested a tea house! This lovely little tea house has been thought out with the children in mind, with a large, 3 bedroom home above the tea shop. There's a massive kitchen for testing out those recipes and creating new ones, a large open plan family area including; sitting area, dining area and a work area, with a portable laptop for being able to work wherever the children are. There's 3 spacious bedrooms, with a large family bathroom and also, an en-suite for when the parents need some time for themselves! The tea room itself is a homey, comforting and welcoming area, offering bright cheerful pops of colour. The tea room has plenty of seating, inside and out, and is the only tea room in the city to welcome those furry friends! A display case has also been placed expertly at the window to showcase the fabulous home-baking available and to entice those customers in.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    09-17-19_2-40-20%25C2%25A0PM.png
    09-17-19_2-32-33%25C2%25A0PM.png
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @RachelShennan what a lovely building! Great idea with the window displays 😊

@SimTresa your build looks lovely - your slideshow isn’t linking correctly for me though

@Allears how do I name my pictures in imgur. It seem like a very long process.
    @abelhinha35 After posting a picture, there's a small bar underneath the picture where you can type in an identification
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    @abelhinha35 After posting a picture, there's a small bar underneath the picture where you can type in an identification

@Allears, thanks hun :) How to creat a slide show and a link :D
    Never mind @Allears, I figured it out, but now it shows the images from last to first. I am going to leave it that way cause I have much to do. Thanks for all your help :)<3
    edited September 2019
    Never mind @Allears, I figured it out, but now it shows the images from last to first. I am going to leave it that way cause I have much to do. Thanks for all your help :)<3

That's why I alwaays add a few at a time and rearrange as i go of I need to. And always in album view, not Image view.
    image.png
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    @RachelShennan what a lovely building! Great idea with the window displays 😊

@SimTresa your build looks lovely - your slideshow isn’t linking correctly for me though

Thanks! I fixed the slideshow link ,it should be working now.
    image.png
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    edited September 2019
    BUILD
    ENTRY FORM.CHALLENGE #127 - The Smell of Tea & Nutbread.

FORUM ID: Devilariah
    ORIGIN ID: Devilariah
    LEVEL: Expert.
    LOT: There is a CC version on the gallery with custom paintings/pictures and a plain version without the cc. The gallery cost is the same.
    Plain version: Is not showing up on the gallery xD *yet??*
    LOT COST: 8000.
    LOT NAME: The Roadstead, Magnolia Promenade.
    GALLERY
    COST: 84998
    TOTAL COST: 92998.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/PdPoRoW
    ENTRY DETAILS: Tea Promenade shop, + Tea room and drive through. On top of the shop is a spacious family home for the Washington family. The 2nd floor contains bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms and a large green balcony. The 3rd floor is where the living area is located. Also including a half bath, large kitchen, smaller balcony for dining and BBQ-ing plus a larger balcony with a nice pool. The shop itself has plenty of seats, inside and outside, a large kitchen, office and large parking area. This was really challenging with the budget, and i almost gave up (o_O) haha, but it worked out! It was a lot of fun!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please 🙂
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:  Paintings and pictures by: juwels64, SimSationalToo, Shooshaaa, Kikilings, Babewire, NatashaB2010, SurfChicCreation, luckyheather, Simlicy and Morphinomina.
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/Devilariah
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/Devilaraih
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    8BNqcoN.png
    BDtGdVA.png
    Post edited by Devilariah on
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited September 2019
    CHALLENGE #127 – The Smell of Tea and Nutbread
    FORUM ID: SheriGR
    ORIGIN ID: SheriGR
    LOT: Enchanting Home Bakery https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FAD75A08DB0111E984853A1D585935D7
    LOT NAME: Built on: Brooks Bridge Borough 30x20 lot, (Glimmerbrook)
    GALLERY COST: $84,999
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/rRDXQtm?

ENTRY DETAILS: This bakery tea & coffee shop features a Realm Of Magic theme with a family home upstairs! Uses only two packs intentionally - ROM & Go To Work. Special features include two toddler or child rooms, two cook’s kitchens, a Cupcake Machine, a work area for creating teas, free coffee and fast internet, a small cook's greenhouse/porch, fireplace, working/interactive sandbox, a store play room for the tots and their friends while mom's baking & more!

A note of explanation for a few of my build details:
    Note: One of my bedrooms was originally a nursery with bassinets. Once my family's twin infants were born mom was forced to give birth in the hospital (I tried twice, this is how it works)... and the babies teleported to their other small home. (They must own property to own a retail store so my family has a 2nd home they technically live in.) The toddler and adults (unemployed) stay on this lot and run the bakery.

So... The parents went to the other lot/home and aged the babies to toddlers so they could come to this lot (babies cannot be brought to the lot :'( , but as toddlers they can o:) ). So now I have the toddler twin boys in that room and converted the nursery into a toddler room since those who download the bakery from the gallery will not be able to use it as a nursery anyway since babies cannot be born here or brought here. <Sigh.>

That cut into my theme idea and some of the details, and since I was out of time to fight with it further I still only have one of the evil >:) high chairs, I don't use them hardly anyway. :( Everyone is happier if the toddler 'grabs a plate' and goes to sit on one of the living room children's chairs that are there for them. Works very well. B)

It features the ‘Homey’, ‘Chef's Kitchen’, and ‘Gnomes’ lot traits.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Any
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, No Mods. Pictures by: Picture credit:♥ SimDels, AlJay2000, SimSationalToo, roseymow, AlJay2000, Super_Love_Sims, AnnaVelannA, jasna98, (& my sim)
    TWITTER TAG: @SheriGr
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    4BOR0o3.jpg
    XD3tJNX.jpg
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    edited September 2019
    FORUM ID:Mikkiness
    ORIGIN ID: PrettyPuzzle
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Proprietor's Square
    NEW LOT LINK: Usual problem with CC. You'll have to find it via finding me in the gallery.
    LOT COST: $2,000
    GALLERY COST: $83,278
    TOTAL COST: $85,199
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/mcLJGGB
    ENTRY DETAILS: The trouble with this brief is that I know this house. There's dozens of home above/business below buildings near where I live and almost every single one is a renovation of a Victorian cottage. This is three storeys, but if you picture a long street lined with dozens of shorter versions of these you've just imagined three different Wellington suburbs on opposite sides of the cbd.
    So here we go - the Wellington Washington's. They've also built a Victorian style cottage (to fit in with the neighbours) and are settling in to compete with our over-priced coffeeshops. I built in two tea brewers to instead of an espresso bar, which I figured suited the tea shop concept more?
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always. Especially on exteriors and bathrooms. I feel like I struggle with those.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    First of all - the wooden floors! Are mine! I did those! I'm delighted tbh bc I love the Old Hickory floor that came with pets but I didn't love all the colours. And my recolours look kinda okay!
    But because of this, they're not up anywhere or anything. I just made them for me. They cost the same as the original Old Hickory floor, but they probably won't show up if you download the lot.

Other credits:
    Wendy35Pearly for the Floral Fancy Carpet recolour
    Annachibi for the separated Mod Pod Bedframe
    Allisas for the Rustic Dream Toddler Bedframe
    PearlStitches for the Watercolour Bedding
    Budgie for the default plate replacements (not deliberately used, so much as I'm playing a History Challenge atm and totally forgot to remove them)
    The Plumbob Tea Society for ... basically everything else. I've done my best to keep a running list, but if I've forgotten anything it almost certainly came from either their cottage garden or teeny tots stuff packs.
    I know I've included: decorative mason jars; hanging baskets; hanging mugs; kindermade classics high chair; tea tin herbs; potted herbs; jug 'a lavender; mailbox; floral embroidery; framed marine prints; and teeny tot mattress.

(Might need Move Objects on to place - there's one stubborn column that keeps arguing with a flowerpot just outside the upstairs entry).
    Post edited by Mikkiness on
    owEyOd7.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @BuildnShare Can I have an extension until Saturday?

We're typically happy to grant a bit of extension here and there, but an extension to Saturday seems like a big ask without any context. Please feel free to PM us here on the forum with details if you feel you have a situation that warrants that many extra days. Otherwise we can extend the deadline until 9/19 for you, and you're welcome to submit a "just for fun" entry after that to get feedback without consideration for a category place award :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • OccipitalLobeOccipitalLobe Posts: 26 Member
    CHALLENGE #127 – The Smell of Tea & Nutbread

FORUM ID: OccipitalLobe
    ORIGIN ID: Chapscher
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Old Salt House
    NEW LOT LINK: Tea & Cake
    LOT COST: 9,000
    GALLERY COST: 75,700
    TOTAL COST: 84,700
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Take the tour!
    ENTRY DETAILS: #BnS127 Tea & Cake is a retail lot with an apartment space. The first floor features a cozy dining room with bakery display cases and a full kitchen with a cupcake factory. The second and third floors are a large apartment with a kitchen, living area, three bedrooms, and three bathrooms. The roof has lovely views of the spice market has lots of space for a rooftop garden and honey bees. Live, play, and work in the city with Tea & Cake!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: ChapscherMKE
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: chapscher.tumblr.com
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    nFXLpaB.png
    PlOiebe.png
  • MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    edited September 2019
    @Talea12345 - I have to join everyone else in admiring the hover car idea. Genius way to fit the brief in San Myshuno!

@wendyology - gorgeous location, and I love your kids room and nursery! Definitely feel like I've been in that cafe space before as well :D

@Taoron - your shell! brb am dying of jealousy. It's gorgeously modern in a way I wish I could manage! Also love the setup of your tearoom, especially the "loose leaf"! So clever!

@matchmaker - speaking of shells! *mind blown*

@AlJay - you've made a gorgeous lot. Again! Shells! How do you all house so good??? I was going to ask about those gorgeous prints in the nursery and now I'm even more impressed to see you did them yourself! Dare I hope they're uploaded anywhere?

@Archer_Girl - Love the Copper Kettle. Another gorgeous shell and the tea room is adorable. Love the toddler's room too. Very cute! I'm stunned you managed to fit so much into such a small lot.

@AliSim19 - Loving the industrial look and that rooftop patio is *hearteyes* congrats to you and your daughter (it's so sweet that you build together!)

@iampes23 - What a cute build! I love the kids bathroom, using the voidcritters decorations there is a brilliant idea!

@SimTresa - Those cosy little tables under the balcony are gorgeous. I'd love to sit there myself! Great choice of preview pic.

@abelhinha35 - I love the towers and those interesting roof shapes! They add a whole lot of visual interest :)

@RachelShennan - what a stunning nursery! I love how cheery it looks :D

@Devilariah - Gorgeous nursery and I really liked the dark exterior colour scheme! Also I lol'ed forever at the drive thru. However your slideshow link has eaten part of your next heading :p

@SheriGR - I love the exterior - feels very italian villa or something! And I don't think I will ever be able to get enough of those RoM windows.

@OccipitalLobe - Love how you've put a beehive on the roof! The front entrance to the tea shop looks amazing as well.
    owEyOd7.png
    @Mikkiness The link for your slideshow seems to be broken. :(
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    5nd1sli.png

#BnS127 The Smell of Tea and Nutbread is CLOSED!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    WbnfLHz.png

Who's up for a NEIGHBORHOOD CHALLENGE ?!? If you were part of BuildnShare before Sims 4, you might remember some of our previous neighborhood challenges like Gnomelandia, Summer of Love, Sanshi-Sumei, and Olde Fairy Tale Village. We are reviving the spirit of the neighborhood challenge with a new concept for Sims 4 - Whimsyville!

Like the challenge name implies, we are looking for buildings a bit out of the ordinary - let’s get our creativity flowing! For example, a clock shop might be shaped like a clock or a bakery could be designed in the image of a layer cake. Or just feel free to incorporate humor, angles, curves, asymmetrical lines, etc. into a build. Use your imagination!! We want to create a city that screams fun :)

This is a neighborhood project, and we are starting with the community lots. Please read through the entire list of possible buildings before picking one to build. Then post which category/building you would like to build. First post gets the building - please look at the list of claimed buildings in the front page post AND the current posts in the thread requesting a build before posting a claim. Once the sign-up period has ended, and you have completed your build; you can always pick a second one to do and claim it. This first phase is just for community lots - there will be a second phase where we create families and residential homes for Whimsyville.

Due to the community nature of this challenge, there will be no judging or podium awards given. We will, however, give Maxis Fave recommendations for the most creative entries.

The Brief:
    • We are going to use Newcrest for all of our community lots - specify which Newcrest lot you built on in your entry form
    • Since every lot has very different needs, the budget is unlimited :)
    • Each community lot needs some parking space and landscaping
    • Use any size lot that makes sense for your build
    • Feel free to propose your own community building type if one of the listed ones doesn’t strike your fancy
    • 9/18 - 9/24 = sign-ups/proposals
    • 9/25 - 10/9 = build phase

Restaurants/Bars:
    Diner
    Coffee Shop
    Ice Cream Shop
    Seafood Restaurant
    Fast Food Restaurant
    Drive-thru Restaurant
    Low or Mid-price restaurant
    Fancy Restaurant
    Dive Bar
    Mid Bar
    Fancy Bar
    Western Saloon

Shops:
    Clock Shop
    Bakery
    Sports Store
    Men's Clothing
    Women's Clothing
    Beauty Parlor/Barber
    Wedding Shop
    Kid's Furniture
    Furniture Store
    Pet Shop
    Seasonal Shop
    Flower Shop
    TV shop/electronics
    Thrift Store
    Perfume Shop
    Toy Store
    Other Store(topic must be cleared by BnS staff)

Amusement:
    Billiards Hall
    Community Pool
    Park
    Theatre
    Movie theatre
    Art Gallery/Museum
    Bowling Alley
    Gym
    Library
    Concert Venue
    Video Arcade
    Art Studio
    Dance Studio
    Spa

Government Buildings:
    City Hall
    Police Station
    Military Building
    Sports Arena
    School
    Church
    Airport
    Train Station
    Bus Station
    Subway/Metro Station
    Firehouse
    Employment Agency

Other:
    Fishing Pier/Dock
    Movie lot (where movies are made)
    Carnival or fair
    Port with boat slips
    Cemetery/Pet Cemetery
    War/Historical monument and park
    Archeological dig site
    Drive-in Movie Theatre
    Floral Gardens
    Pet Park
    Gas Station and Mechanic's Shop

Room Challenge: none this time

Sims Challenge: none this time
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    This sounds like so much fun! Community lots are my favorite. But how am I supposed to choose from so many great options!?
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @Mikkiness for your nice comments 🙂 I always upload my pictures to share with others. You should be able to find them under AlJay2000 in the gallery.
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 15 Member
    Woah! What a scary project. I wouldn't even know where to begin! :o

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top