Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One of the saddest thing in the game

Became elder, what could I say :cry::cry:

Bvzn5E0.jpg

7DDlJFa.jpg

hva6Sdy.jpg

kbIUMKu.jpg

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    LOl, true to life from one who knows.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Which is really sadder: becoming an Elder, or not becoming an elder?

That said, this is why I control my Sims' aging up. My founders won't become Elders until their youngest kid (now a Teen) becomes a Young Adult.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    For me it's more like a wake-up call. When my forever young (one way or another) sim is out and meets and elder sim, and I realize that he or she was a child when I started that particular game, I'll be like: "Whoa, have I really played this file for that long?" :lol:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I play on Long to give myself enough time with my Sims. I used to play on Epic, and loved the built-in sliders for each age bracket, but alas, we don't have that now. So, I simply determine when a Sim will age up (works best for infant-teen). I let the YA, A and Elder play it out until the End.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I play on Long to give myself enough time with my Sims. I used to play on Epic, and loved the built-in sliders for each age bracket, but alas, we don't have that now. So, I simply determine when a Sim will age up (works best for infant-teen). I let the YA, A and Elder play it out until the End.

I really miss those sliders. I want grown up sims to have long lives, but I don't want them to be babies, toddlers kids and teens for 90 days or whatever.
  • pastelnarwhalpastelnarwhal Posts: 20 Member
    I agree with this, it's sad to see the sims you've played for so long get old even when you don't. Also, one of my played sims was about the same age as his husband but the husband became an elder and then died and the other sim is still an adult so I'm kinda confused
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    edited September 2019
    This is why I play with aging off. I rotate to age people manually in families when needed.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    got some sims that will never age, no MCCC cheating there, using a modification trait to give this couple the ability to have a permanent flirty buff, certain motive decays are not active and aging never happens. i'm not going to specify the name exactly as it is of an adult nature. that is one way around the issue.

i'm working on a new challenge with MCCC to adjust time compression so days go much slower by increasing the time speed values from 25 to 250, and adding base game option for sim lifespan at long. this way all sims will be around for a very long time and i get to see the game from a point of view of how an ordinary day goes without having to rush through it like before. The challenge i'm working on is going multi-generational. with another adult modification i get to deal with the female menstrual cycle and planning around that aspect to prepare for the possibility of having children, so that allows you to settle into this new gameplay style and life with your sims.

Now i got time to explore this game out more throughly than before and setup more appropriately before really getting into it. still, death catches up to everyone eventually, even those who can live forever aren't immune to things that can kill them.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    It definitely would be a lot more fun if elders in TS4 weren’t so restricted. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I only find my sims becoming elders sad because there's like...zero content for a sim in elderhood. They eat. They sleep. They get tired and sleep some more. If that was all we had to look forward to in elder hood in real life... I know its not a popular opinion, but we don't need less elder time, just more content for them and their age set.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I love it when my sims become elders! It's kind of refreshing, they can organize their lives a tad differently, work less, join other clubs, stay longer abroad, do silly things with their grandkids, and spending as much as possible of their networth in case they don't want heirs to get too wealthy :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    eric6a01 wrote: »

Bvzn5E0.jpg

7DDlJFa.jpg

hva6Sdy.jpg

kbIUMKu.jpg

I think next step is worse.
  • PositivibeePositivibee Posts: 52 Member
    The fact that widowed sims go into mourning.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    No, pets dying of old age is sadder. Good thing I have aging off. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • keene61keene61 Posts: 259 Member
    I know that there are mods for this, but I think funerals would be a nice addition. I think it's pretty realistic to deal with your emotions by mourning or having a time to have a celebration of life. It could help deal with those very sad emotions after a Sim dies.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Being an elder myself, I can say from sad experience the pictures say it very well. The game really needs more for them to do. At the same time am relieved it doesn't portray the part of the physical and mental 'machinery' wearing out. That would make it too depressing.

Will readily admit that have gone into CAS when a sim hits elder and take them back a peg or two. Not all, but those I want to stay vigorous.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    keene61 wrote: »
    I know that there are mods for this, but I think funerals would be a nice addition. I think it's pretty realistic to deal with your emotions by mourning or having a time to have a celebration of life. It could help deal with those very sad emotions after a Sim dies.

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but in Seasons, you can schedule a holiday to include Remembrance and Go to Ceremony. It's not a funeral in exact name, but it's more or less the same in practice. Then just delete the holiday when it's over so it doesn't repeat.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Honestly, playing with aging off would defeat the purpose of sims for me. I want to see the story change and grow and see new faces , not stagnation.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    keene61 wrote: »

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but in Seasons, you can schedule a holiday to include Remembrance and Go to Ceremony. It's not a funeral in exact name, but it's more or less the same in practice. Then just delete the holiday when it's over so it doesn't repeat.
    Oh, how neat. Could you explain this Remembrance a bit more?

• ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Honestly, playing with aging off would defeat the purpose of sims for me. I want to see the story change and grow and see new faces , not stagnation.

Totally agree. The only problem with it is how absurdly bad a lot of the offspring are physically, and I don't always have the patience to go in and fix all the garbage the game engine produces. The game loves making people with super narrow shoulders, wide hips, and no chin - They could fix this, why don't they? Oh, and don't get me started on the platinum blonde asians with concrete white skin. What is going on there!??
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    As a rotational player with seven different saves centered around certain families or Sim, I play with aging off. I control when my Sims age up. I also have a mod that does away with a lot of the limitations of being an elder Sim so they are more lively and able to enjoy grandkids and the benefits of having fewer responsibilities. :)
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    eric6a01 wrote: »

Yeah, all my fav sims got turned into vampires lol

At least now I can give all my close friends a potion of rejuvination when needed... Now we can party for eternity :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I like playing with age off so no sims die of old age unless I get tried of a particular sim when they bother my households too much. Lol
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Honestly, playing with aging off would defeat the purpose of sims for me. I want to see the story change and grow and see new faces , not stagnation.

Same for me. I didn't like the Sims 1 because it had no aging in it. I just couldn't see the point.