Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need Prams/Strollers

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    sim3_cf_luva594sim3_cf_luva594 Posts: 200 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I completely agree.
  • Options
    EvilToastEvilToast Posts: 8
    edited September 2010
    Yeah. i reckon we should have a daycare facility and prams and strollers they are all great ideas.

i also have another idea younger kids won't know what it means and some people might think its gross but i wreckon sims should go through puberty.
    children should be able to go through it but at the youngest 8, teenagers and adults and they also have to go out and buy pads and tampons.

Another idea is that they can have pregnancy tests.

But they are all just ideas let me know what you think.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited September 2010
    EvilToast wrote:
    Yeah. i reckon we should have a daycare facility and prams and strollers they are all great ideas.

i also have another idea younger kids won't know what it means and some people might think its gross but i wreckon sims should go through puberty.
    children should be able to go through it but at the youngest 8, teenagers and adults and they also have to go out and buy pads and tampons.

Another idea is that they can have pregnancy tests.

But they are all just ideas let me know what you think.

Are you obsessed with feminine products and puberty? Just wondering.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited September 2010
    daft667 wrote:
    So I had my sim invite one of his friends to hang out at the bookstore. When she arrived, she was carrying her baby. She proceded to place the baby on the sidewalk and converse with my sim.

There should be prams/strollers in the game. Seeing this is just weird. Anyone else think so?
    Yes I agree. I hate it when my sims have to put the baby on the ground when they're out and about. I've always wanted stollers and it's a great idea. :wink:

Edit: Agrees with having a daycare also. Most working families I know have their children in daycare. The company I work for actually has one on site. :thumbup:

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    Moonbeam81Moonbeam81 Posts: 181 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I love all the great ideas here :thumbup: More items for babies/toddlers would be really nice, and I hope we can get some soon, because my sim is just a neglectful parent when she is out of her home. :lol:
  • Options
    miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I agree! One time my sim put her baby down and then left it there. :( Poor little baby.
  • Options
    1nova1nova Posts: 7,078 New Member
    edited September 2010
    i would love baby stollers.... once my sim left her baby outside of the movie theater and then went home and forgot about it..... So her husband went to get the baby....
  • Options
    sashamamasashamama Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    same i want a stroller i am always leaving my baby on the floor!!!!!!!1 :roll:
  • Options
    arkhyelarkhyel Posts: 604 Member
    edited January 2011
    I want strollers!
  • Options
    Esrox12Esrox12 Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    I agree!!!! The sim Babies do nothing or have nothing to do!! Plus the toddlers don't have much Toys either!! They should also have car seats so they can sit in the car and go with thier parents almost anywhere!! What do you think about that? Anyway, Please Sim creators (or whatever you would like to be called) Please give us more baby stuff!!!!!!! :!: :wink:
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited January 2011
    Well, I've seen my sim talk on the phone while holding a toddler. I think this is a really good idea to clear up some of the frankly just creepy things the townies do with their babies/toddlers, and it would be rather nice if we could use it to take the babies around town too. I realize that babies are supposed to be inconvenient, and a nuisance (joking), but when your baby has 'loves the outdoors' as a trait, there doesn't seem to be much you can do with that until childhood anyway. I mean, you could go ahead and drop them on the ground outside but... it'd be nice to be able to take them to the park or something without having to worry that your sim is going to drop them and go home. I would really like an ep that makes the babies, toddlers and children more fun. Well, basically, one that adds in interactions that makes them actually able to bond with the people around them, including each other.

It doesn't even always have to be good bonding, mean-spirited toddlers could be fighting each other over a toy. Snobs could get jealous that the parents are giving more attention to what's-his-name. If they have the evil trait, they might cry just because someone is sleeping in the room with them and they want to inflict suffering. (not always, just sometimes). If they have the good trait, maybe they'll give up the toy on purpose to Suzie so she can have fun, and enjoy watching her have fun. Or perhaps the good trait would make a toddler (or child) play nicer games with other toddlers (or children).

And if you added in bathing for babies and toddlers again, a hydrophobic parent could simply choose not to, so you're adding another dimension to the traits of the adults...or if the hydrophobic adult decides to do it for the good of her baby...(unlikely, but who knows?) she could bath the child in a way that indicates that she's terrified the water will 'get' the child, drown it or melt it, or something... So, in this way, of adding things for the babies and toddlers to do, you would also be giving us dimensions to our adult sims that are currently not available.

Personally, I want lullabies. I want to be able to make my sim sing in simlish to the baby, to encourage it to go to sleep -before- it's exhausted itself, by laying around in the crib doing nothing... Of course, being that my sim is not a virtuoso (at least the current one), I don't expect that he'll be singing terribly well, he might have to try a few times to sing well enough to get the kid to fall asleep early...and have to be careful putting the baby/toddler down (oh, what's that an opportunity to use the light sleeper, heavy sleeper trait?) so as not to wake him up. If the baby is excitable, you might have to sing to it more, after all, it's all reved up, and wants to stay awake and see everything! If it's a couch potato, you might barely have to sing, it's half way asleep anyway!

In short, I don't just want sims 2, or seeing as I have every single expansion pack of sims 2, I'd have just switched back over to sims 2 and played that. Instead, I want sims 3, to use it's trait system to add interest to an area I think has a fair amount of room to improve. A promising area, an area where we can start to see traits as more than just a moodlet sometimes popping up. We could see the next little person starting to be their own person, while actually interacting with their families. Not every person wants to play catch. Not every person wants to play chess. I do realize that this is a much more complicated game, and I'm asking for a lot, which is why I'm thinking an ep would be nice, even though what I really want is a game patch with this stuff in it. Or items at the store that would add game play. So far the only such items I've seen are laundry, and while I'd love to see say, a pram/stroller and activity blanket and 'comfort blanket' (assuming the lullabies need to be added with an item if they are being added at the store), I figure what I'm asking for is deeper than a few items at the store. I'm asking for the developers to take a good hard look at three stages and pretend that they were the important stages in the game.

Pretend, just for this expansion that you were dealing with people who only had adults around to have children, (even though we know that's not how it works), so, you wanted to make the babies, toddlers and children able to use their traits, and be able to interact with each other in some manner. Toddlers could hug, kids could cuddle baby/toddler, toddlers who could talk could talk to children, other toddlers that could talk, that sort of thing. They could make faces at each other. Patty cake, peekaboo, dolls, puppets, something. 'I've got your nose', Little piggies, nursery rhymes, or something. Playing horsey, something. Toddlers could play in the dirt outside, or sand at the beaches. You don't have to make a new neighborhood, just add more to our game for these three age groups. You could make an imaginary friend, if you wanted a 'creature'. Sort of like Drop Dead Fred, or you could bring back the social bunny as a child's imaginary friend, if you wanted to use something nostalgic.

Now, I'm not saying I don't want the kids to be able to interact with the other age groups, I really think more interaction overall would be very nice, but, firstly, I think one of the things that makes them so boring is that they are isolated, they don't interact with the others (babies are alarmclock/dolls basically), and if they did, it would be a vast improvement.
  • Options
    Nicksim96Nicksim96 Posts: 196 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Zabeth0 wrote:
    Well, I've seen my sim talk on the phone while holding a toddler. I think this is a really good idea to clear up some of the frankly just creepy things the townies do with their babies/toddlers, and it would be rather nice if we could use it to take the babies around town too. I realize that babies are supposed to be inconvenient, and a nuisance (joking), but when your baby has 'loves the outdoors' as a trait, there doesn't seem to be much you can do with that until childhood anyway. I mean, you could go ahead and drop them on the ground outside but... it'd be nice to be able to take them to the park or something without having to worry that your sim is going to drop them and go home. I would really like an ep that makes the babies, toddlers and children more fun. Well, basically, one that adds in interactions that makes them actually able to bond with the people around them, including each other.

It doesn't even always have to be good bonding, mean-spirited toddlers could be fighting each other over a toy. Snobs could get jealous that the parents are giving more attention to what's-his-name. If they have the evil trait, they might cry just because someone is sleeping in the room with them and they want to inflict suffering. (not always, just sometimes). If they have the good trait, maybe they'll give up the toy on purpose to Suzie so she can have fun, and enjoy watching her have fun. Or perhaps the good trait would make a toddler (or child) play nicer games with other toddlers (or children).

And if you added in bathing for babies and toddlers again, a hydrophobic parent could simply choose not to, so you're adding another dimension to the traits of the adults...or if the hydrophobic adult decides to do it for the good of her baby...(unlikely, but who knows?) she could bath the child in a way that indicates that she's terrified the water will 'get' the child, drown it or melt it, or something... So, in this way, of adding things for the babies and toddlers to do, you would also be giving us dimensions to our adult sims that are currently not available.

Personally, I want lullabies. I want to be able to make my sim sing in simlish to the baby, to encourage it to go to sleep -before- it's exhausted itself, by laying around in the crib doing nothing... Of course, being that my sim is not a virtuoso (at least the current one), I don't expect that he'll be singing terribly well, he might have to try a few times to sing well enough to get the kid to fall asleep early...and have to be careful putting the baby/toddler down (oh, what's that an opportunity to use the light sleeper, heavy sleeper trait?) so as not to wake him up. If the baby is excitable, you might have to sing to it more, after all, it's all reved up, and wants to stay awake and see everything! If it's a couch potato, you might barely have to sing, it's half way asleep anyway!

In short, I don't just want sims 2, or seeing as I have every single expansion pack of sims 2, I'd have just switched back over to sims 2 and played that. Instead, I want sims 3, to use it's trait system to add interest to an area I think has a fair amount of room to improve. A promising area, an area where we can start to see traits as more than just a moodlet sometimes popping up. We could see the next little person starting to be their own person, while actually interacting with their families. Not every person wants to play catch. Not every person wants to play chess. I do realize that this is a much more complicated game, and I'm asking for a lot, which is why I'm thinking an ep would be nice, even though what I really want is a game patch with this stuff in it. Or items at the store that would add game play. So far the only such items I've seen are laundry, and while I'd love to see say, a pram/stroller and activity blanket and 'comfort blanket' (assuming the lullabies need to be added with an item if they are being added at the store), I figure what I'm asking for is deeper than a few items at the store. I'm asking for the developers to take a good hard look at three stages and pretend that they were the important stages in the game.

Pretend, just for this expansion that you were dealing with people who only had adults around to have children, (even though we know that's not how it works), so, you wanted to make the babies, toddlers and children able to use their traits, and be able to interact with each other in some manner. Toddlers could hug, kids could cuddle baby/toddler, toddlers who could talk could talk to children, other toddlers that could talk, that sort of thing. They could make faces at each other. Patty cake, peekaboo, dolls, puppets, something. 'I've got your nose', Little piggies, nursery rhymes, or something. Playing horsey, something. Toddlers could play in the dirt outside, or sand at the beaches. You don't have to make a new neighborhood, just add more to our game for these three age groups. You could make an imaginary friend, if you wanted a 'creature'. Sort of like Drop Dead Fred, or you could bring back the social bunny as a child's imaginary friend, if you wanted to use something nostalgic.

Now, I'm not saying I don't want the kids to be able to interact with the other age groups, I really think more interaction overall would be very nice, but, firstly, I think one of the things that makes them so boring is that they are isolated, they don't interact with the others (babies are alarmclock/dolls basically), and if they did, it would be a vast improvement.
    DEAR LORD! This is huge! This deserves to be sent snail mail to EAs snobby suggestions departement. Maybe the sheer size of it would make the guy reading it faint and one of the game designers would go by, see a fainted person holding a piece of paper, read it out of curiosity, and implement it!
  • Options
    CUTEBINACUTEBINA Posts: 3,478 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Oh well The lovely Cadence Sierra uses prams and strollers in her 100 baby challenge and if you read some of her challenge you will see she has strollers oh and here is where she gets them from:

http://sims3inspiration.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-04-24T09:01:00-07:00&max-results=7

scroll down a little
  • Options
    frankiejhonfrankiejhon Posts: 1 New Member
    It's not the baby carriage stroller.

It looks like a doll stroller or a baby storller and there's a baby in it. http://www.babystrollershelp.com/baby-trend-sit-n-stand-double-stroller-review/
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It's not the baby carriage stroller.

It looks like a doll stroller or a baby storller and there's a baby in it. http://www.babystrollershelp.com/baby-trend-sit-n-stand-double-stroller-review/

Welcome to the forums :smile:

This is a very old thread and The Sims had included baby strollers in the Generations EP but is the only Sims game to include them so far :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    Someone's gonna get nailed for Necro!!!
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top