Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did you do with the premades that came with Island Living and Realm of Magic?

I usually keep the premades, although evicted, and let them have NPC jobs such as bartenders, gardeners et cetera. For example, Marcus Flex works as a gym trainer and Geeta Rasoya is the love guru at the Romance Festival. Pretty fitting roles, if you ask me. :) I also play with a few that grew on me.

But, as you might can tell by the title, I'm not quite sure what to do with the ones from the newer packs. The sims from Island Living kind of belong to Sulani, so I definitely don't want to rehouse them or give them unfitting jobs. (Two of them look pretty toned, perhaps they'd make good gym trainers?) I definitely want to play the trio from the trailer, though. My plan was to hook up the blonde and the guy, but they're in relationships with other sims, and I always feel bad when I break someone up. lol Oh well, maybe I'll go for it anyway.

As for the Realm of Magic premades… honestly, what on earth went wrong with their genetics? I mean, I really like the girl in the yellow dress, Morgyn Ember is fine as well and Emilia Ernest has an unfitting hairstyle, yet a cute face. But the rest? Wow. :| They look so off, and not in an unique way. What happened to these awesome sages we've seen in the trailer?

I'm in need for some inspiration and would love to hear some of your plans or stories!
Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I evicted the Charms but kept them in game because of their bloodline. I have to say their descendants with my sims have turned out very nice so far but I'll just credit my own sims and their fantastic genes for that. I evicted the IL ones too. I have a clean save with all premades and townies from other packs/base deleted and use that to start new saves.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I deleted all of the premade sims and houses. I made my own save file with just my sims and builds. I don't have anything against the premades, I just don't play them. I don't really get attached to them as much or as easily as I do my own sims...with the exception of a few. Before I made my save file, I ignored them unless they were potential mates of my sims.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I made Duane Talla in Sulani the brother of the woman he’s housed with. It seemed weird to me he was living there with the married couple like that and I figure the two of them kinda resemble each other so it made sense. Then I moved him out into his own house.

I haven’t bothered with any of the rest.

I don’t have RoM.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    First thing I did was delete them all.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    I generally ignore them, no matter what pack they come with. I prefer to play my own sims. Unless I want their house for my sims, then they will be evicted.
    In one save, I simply deleted them because with all the packs there are too many and I rather have them gone than my own sims being culled.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2019
    So far I've only played with the Kahananui family in Sulani. They now have two sons in my game Mateo the oldest and little Mika.
    kXobacH.png
    I know the house looks kinda empty but that's because I have them saving up to move to a bigger better house.

In my game now I'm currently playing with the Acolytes Grace and Tomax in Glimmerbrook. I actually love playing with the premades.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I made Duane Talla in Sulani the brother of the woman he’s housed with. It seemed weird to me he was living there with the married couple like that and I figure the two of them kinda resemble each other so it made sense. Then I moved him out into his own house.
    Good idea! I found it strange as well that he lives with a family he isn't related to, especially as a teenager.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    So far I've only played with the Kahananui family in Sulani. They now have two sons in my game Mateo the oldest and little Mika.
    kXobacH.png
    I know the house looks kinda empty but that's because I have them saving up to move to a bigger better house.

In my game now I'm currently playing with the Acolytes Grace and Tomax in Glimmerbrook. I actually love playing with the premades.
    The kids are adorable! :relaxed: And yes, I definitely plan to play with Grace and Tomax as well. Grace is lovely, I think I like her the most from all the RoM premades.
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    I deleted them all. I never play with the pre-made sims. I like creating my own and filling the world.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Good idea! I found it strange as well that he lives with a family he isn't related to, especially as a teenager.

Yea idk why they keep putting teens in homes with strangers. Like, what is the message with that?

I ended up aging him up too.
  • Silver_Ghost925Silver_Ghost925 Posts: 40 Member

I assumed Duane is part of a student exchange program since his room only has a bed and a backpack, and that he might want to be a conservationist like Makoa.

I also didn't do anything regarding the premades in IL other than get my sim to meet them. Don't own ROM either...
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    edited September 2019
    Duane Talla has *great* genetics, so I wifed him up pretty quickly in the legacy I'm playing lol. Other than that I just let the premades do their thing and eventually die off 👀
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited September 2019
    I don't have Island Living. There are only two premade households in Glimmerbrook. I did a make over of the teen, Gemma Charm, since she is my spellcaster's best friend. I also found both households better houses on the Gallery. I used Lilsimsies for one (ironically it downloaded without two sets of stairs in my game, haha). I added a basement level to the Alcolyte household and added Aine to it. I am pretending that she is a spellcaster who has lost her spells. (I'll figure out the back story once I play her.) I do plan on playing with both households in my rotation, but first I made a new spellcaster and now I am playing with the Goths who are on vacation in Glimmerbrook and discovering their bloodline.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    edited September 2019
    I turned Morgyn to a toddler and gave him parents, now I'm playing his life through being a spellcaster. Makoa divorced his wife.
    Post edited by GamingTweety on
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Premades are prospective dating material for my Sims. I have not gotten Island Living yet - I was still learning basics and up to my eyeballs in Parenthood, then. I do have RoM, however, as I love magical themes, not to mention Art Nouveau architecture and design.

In RoM, I have lightly edited the Charm household. Darrel got the most changes, with fixes to his chimpmunk cheeks as well as hair and wardrobe, but still looks distinctive.

BFIgb51.png

Minerva got a make-over, because I could not stand her in that Granny Clampett dress, but she kept her hair and her looks, and remains a formidable matriarch of the town.

cwo3fVU.png

Emma or what's her name got moved in to the Acolyte household. My Sims will be swiping Darrell from her, and that's easier with her under a different roof. I didn't edit her. Gemma still lives at home, and I haven't edited her either, and won't (well, maybe her clothes, but I love her gaptooth grin).

I did catch a random Teen with a cute look, to be potential Occult Boyfriend material for my younger Gen 2 Spare, who is remaining a Teen as well for the time being. Alvin Dasilva got a more Metal/Goth makeover, and changed his name to Alestyr because that sounds more Occulty. What can I say - I like Teen boys with guyliner.

DlGq11A.png

My altered Al got dropped into the Charm household to be sure my Sims could find him. He's already turned up among my Teen Spare's school friends.

So far, that's all I have done with RoM premades. But it's only been out, what, a week?
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Unless they're interesting enough to play with, I usually just leave them or delete them.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Had to delete my most of my Island premades as well as some of my own households except for the mermaids & my Island mystic due to the Spellcasters Apocalypse. As for my Realm of Magic they revel in it. Lol
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Basically nothing with them. I did turn Keala and Lia into spellcasters, and moved the Kahananuis into a fancy San Myshuno apartment because I wanted their lot. The Kealohas and Ngatas I haven't done anything with, they're still on Sulani and living out their lives. The Charms and Acolytes will be getting makeovers because they need my help, aside from Grace who's already gorgeous. Acolytes got a new house, Charms got moved to another lot still in Glimmerbrook because I wanted the 40x30 lot for one of my households. Simeon and L also got makeovers, Morgyn just got some alterations (brighter green eyes, hairstyle with an undercut, and tattoos) and a bunch of new outfits because they're rad already.

tl;dr no deletions, some alterations, moved some around for their lots.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Some I left alone and others I've edited to touch up their features asa well as wardrobe.

Went in and fixed Morgan other than his everyday and Cold outfit the rest of his outfits were pretty atrocious, especially him and that high bun on his hair. Actually gave him a more slicked my hairstyle, but forgot to take a image of it so this is the older version. xD
    1Wpw2t0.png

Think I changed Emma's hairstyle so she didn't have that bob and gave her a few outfits, but she was naturally a cute sim. Think my bigger changes were going in and editing the sages so they can be like the ones from the trailer. I just really liked them that and changed up Faba's traits to a more suitable one for a sage of mischeif as she has the goofball trait. :p
    C9EzDoz.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited September 2019
    Island Living:

My sim Eldigan (also my avatar on this forum) married Lia Hauata and moved in with her. They adopted a daughter, then the Wishing Well gave them a biological daughter.
    (I do not think the well can give toddlers, I just roleplayed that part. The real outcome was "adoption cost waived", what I found unfair, because I had spend 5,000 simoleons on the well, only to save a measly 1,000? So I ruled they'd get this magic child instead.)

Chief Keala passed away. Lia is her successor as shaman and also acting Island Chief until a new one gets elected.

Duane Talla went to college in San Myshuno, where he spend time with the Renegades, especially Morgan. He returned to Sulani, ate mermaid kelp and suceeded Ukupanipo as one of the Sulani rangers (who are required to be merfolk).
    Uku in turn moved into Duane's apartment.

I do not play the Kealoha other than for one week when Eldigan lived with them.

Tane Ngata is a member of the Junior Renegades (I seperated them into two clubs when I had too many of them). I'm not playing this household.

During a festival a lone girlchild spawned in the lagoon neighborhood. I made the Kahananui couple adopt her. Not playing this family, either.

The other mermaids are just there. The evil one (don't remember her name on top of my head) is often seen complaining at the Police Department.

Realm of Magic:

Don't own yet, but expect to pretty much ignore everyone not named Morgyn.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I always evict the pre-made Sims and replace them with my own creations. I don't delete them... I just don't have them living in the actual worlds. I much prefer having my own lots, venues, and families taking up the space! :smile:
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't have ROM at this time. I have recently started playing IL through the pre-mades first and then I'll add some of my own. I have a "Danish frat boy" who is going to move there and someone is going to be shipwrecked. I just want to get a feel for the world and what I'll do with it.

I didn't play townies until the GT townies that I did play with a lot. Since then, I just incorporate some townies into my ongoing rotation.

I kind of like the challenge of figuring out what to do with them. I played through Raj Rasoya's life for example, with it being a contrast to Salim's in CL. I like when a situation is quirky or involves very different lifestyles.

I think IL for me is about the next generation that is growing up there. I gave Lia a daughter, Leilani, so that Keala, Lia and Leilani live together as a house of women. Keala is passing on the knowledge of the past. Lia writes down the stories and also copes with her identity. She's like an ancient warrior in a modern body. The royal bloodline is in all of them. They were chosen through some kind of ritual and they don't live with men. I don't know how the daughter will handle it when she grows up. Romantic love isn't encouraged in their role, just having the next heir who keeps the island traditions and their special role in the community.

The Kealohas are a happy family that is committed to the island but struggling to make ends meet with lots of work and busy schedules. Duane in my game is like a foster boy that they were asked to take in. He's an orphan due to social problems in the community. He's pretty independent and will move out soon but appreciates that they gave him a roof over his head and food when he was young. People in the community tend to grow up young and he's already thinking about moving on.

I don't know who Duane will end up with, maybe he'll marry later to one of the girls who are young now or someone he hasn't met yet.

I haven't played the other two houses yet but I might just check in on them and then make them unplayable to age along. I'll want the Kahananui house when they're done with it. I'll probably play the Ngatas as they raise their son with varied traditions.

Leaving the islands is a big deal. I've already decided that none of the residents in Sulani will travel casually to any of the other worlds. They turn down any invitations to leave. Of the houses I've been playing, I've decided that they are all committed to the islands and never want to leave at all. I'll have to figure out what that means for pets and the vet clinic, maybe a lot of wellness bars? I love pets but I won't spend a Sulani lot on them.

I'm debating whether I'll add a restaurant with a "hotel" for outsiders to visit on vacation. I'm generally keeping it a residential world.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Played with Makoa and Nani, evicted all of RoM townies, they are ugly especially charm.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I gave Morgan a full masculine makeover to make him handsome.