Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What to Buy?

Next sale I wanna buy an expansion pack I'm missing the only two I'd buy. Which should I get..?
Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

What to Buy? 113 votes

Island Living
6%
g01denswanEnkiSchmidtalyssad9918EdithVRouensimsKimmerCaprianaB 7 votes
Seasons
93%
Akl500Pbrackencat31GalacticGalIcewolfSimsfreakmaniacErja888bandit5IceyJaelias24love7680CamkatIsb917SimburianIrdiwenAnmirlaMariefoxprice83JestTrualejandro15039SxcDannii202zagboorules 106 votes

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,948 Member
    Seasons
    depends but personally i felt game was close to unplayable before i got seasons so id pick that

i just could not stand the "always sunny" world

IL feels more of "extra fun" to me
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    depends but personally i felt game was close to unplayable before i got seasons so id pick that

i just could not stand the "always sunny" world

IL feels more of "extra fun" to me

I do own 3 Eps lol
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Seasons
    By far Seasons is the best Expansion Pack out there. It's got great Build Buy, it's got great CAS, and it's got great gameplay.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    Seasons
    Definitely Seasons because it adds atmosphere to the game. I really like Island Living, but Seasons comes with snow, rain, etc.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    Seasons
    LOL at the poll results being 100% Seasons

It’s accurate though
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Island Living
    My reasoning is that IL is best enjoyed as-is first, before Seasons force you to adopt to them.
    Seasons also require a lot more additional bookkeeping for rotational players due to time passing globally in Sims 4 instead of per household as it should be (I mean as it used to be, sigh.)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons if you want to expand your overall game... Island Living if you want a single world that adds a couple activities one being garbage pick up.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Seasons
    Probably seasons, but I really really enjoy both packs and in my personal opinion, you wouldn't go wrong with either.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons is the best EP for TS4 as of yet imho.
    It adds weather, weather effects, the calendar system (a big positive change for my game), a lot of great new outfits (if you're into CAS), kids can do holiday crafts (if you're into family play), Sims can give gifts (my way for inheritage in the game), there is a new gardening career and a new skill (flower arranging) plus there is a new hobby: beekeeping.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i would go with both packs
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    i would go with both packs

Not unless someone buys me one lol I might get both but this is more what to get first
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons, without any doubt. Much more immersive and complete.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Island Living
    Seasons is boring in my opinion but everyone loves it for some reason but it’s up to you. You could watch YouTube videos of gameplay, cas and build/buy to see which most appeals to you
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited September 2019
    Seasons
    Seasons completely expands the game with the added weather and seasons that make each world far more interesting. Holidays are very nice, but can also be ignored if you want. And the calendar system is great for organizing and keeping up with things. CAS and BB are also really nice.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Seasons
    I actually really like IL and almost went with it but Seasons affects every world. Nice CAS and B/B. My favorite thing about the pack is probably holidays.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Seasons
    I don't have IL yet but I'm waiting for a sale as well. If I had to choose between them Seasons offers more to do all around as IL is limited to the Sulani world until open waters is available for more worlds.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Seasons I feel it has the most gameplay. I love Island Living but weather changes your game.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • coffeebean59coffeebean59 Posts: 4 New Member
    Seasons
    Seasons makes the game a lot more realistic. Without Seasons installed it feels like time doesn't exist, it's weird. If I had to pick just 1 EP to use it would be that one. I pick and choose which ones to install anyway, I don't use most of them. But I always have Seasons installed.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons is a must have. I personally think it should have been the very first expansion pack for The Sims 4. The changing weathers, calendar system with custom holidays, unique seasonal crops and seasonal food stands. Sadly, penguins don’t come in randomly and lurk on your lot.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons is the very best because you can have beautiful fall colors, sparkley white snow & pretty flowers.
    Also, it's nice not to make a fake seasonal lot.
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons for sure. I still recommend IL, but not without Seasons first. ;)
    HSau :)
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Seasons
    More game play, create holidays and more
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons because Island Living needs Seasons too to play to its' fullest extent.
  • Simlie20Simlie20 Posts: 59 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons adds so much to the game, game-wise, build wise, and fashion-wise. That's the first thing I'm buying when there is going to be a sale
    giphy.gif
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Seasons
    Let me put it this way. Seasons affects ALL worlds, even the vacation ones. You can only get the most out of Island Living by... living on an island. Which is only one world. In other words, one is an actual Expansion and the other is just called that.