March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glimmerbrook World Discussion

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Everyone thinking the driveways means cars are coming.....You can't plunk ANYTHING down outside your lot when you build. What makes you think you can plunk your car out in the common area?

You can't. You will, however, be able to extend that driveway in to your lot ( with different looking stone bc we can never match common area terrain paints) And then....when you extend your drive for your cars on to your 20x30 lot....you have no back yard, and not much house!

I really think the world design team needs to get it together regarding the common area in the worlds they build.

I don't think I can place my car on the driveways, but they are needed for car-related animations.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    To me Glimmerbrook feels like home <3 all those pinetrees. Have been waiting for a residential world with pine trees ever since I saw Granite Falls the first time. Really happy right now, didn’t expect a bigger world with a GP. Wish the area had dirt paths but other than that I am very glad.
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I love this world.

anbBUNb.png

T1EgiDU.png

TF8QuoI.png

64FMUFk.png

CKQk0Je.png

Simply stunning! Thank you for sharing these images with us 😊
    rnKEhBT.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Everyone thinking the driveways means cars are coming.....You can't plunk ANYTHING down outside your lot when you build. What makes you think you can plunk your car out in the common area?

You can't. You will, however, be able to extend that driveway in to your lot ( with different looking stone bc we can never match common area terrain paints) And then....when you extend your drive for your cars on to your 20x30 lot....you have no back yard, and not much house!

I really think the world design team needs to get it together regarding the common area in the worlds they build.

I know that 40x30 lot looks, good but they should extend the lot to be 50x40 so can easily make use of their full back yard.

I want to place a fire pit, and other things in the back of that lot.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    When I have gone to the bar in Glimmerbrook there has only been spellcasters there as patrons and bartender. Is Glimmerbrook like Sulani in that sense? How has it been in your saves?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I know that 40x30 lot looks, good but they should extend the lot to be 50x40 so can easily make use of their full back yard.

I want just the opposite. I want a woodsy world with a few cabins a decent distance apart, which is what we got. But then, they had to add those useless driveways and gate columns for no reason what-so-ever. It would have been perfect for me if they left those driveways out. Maybe they're supposed to be landing spots for broom riders. :D
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I want just the opposite. I want a woodsy world with a few cabins a decent distance apart, which is what we got. But then, they had to add those useless driveways and gate columns for no reason what-so-ever. It would have been perfect for me if they left those driveways out. Maybe they're supposed to be landing spots for broom riders. :D

Stealing that broom-landing-site as headcannon :)
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I was watching some world overview videos from the new pack and this is a screenshot I took from a video posted by lilsimsie. They went out of their way to add this driveway, the house is far away from the road, surrounded by forest, it could pass as a secluded lot easily. Which is exactly what players wanted btw. They're completely out of touch with the community.

LSOvlRa_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    Livinity wrote: »
    I was watching some world overview videos from the new pack and this is a screenshot I took from a video posted by lilsimsie. They went out of their way to add this driveway, the house is far away from the road, surrounded by forest, it could pass as a secluded lot easily. Which is exactly what players wanted btw. They're completely out of touch with the community.

LSOvlRa_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

I agree. That would fine in almost any other world, but they put it here, in a neighborhood in the woods. I can't see Hansel and Gretel walking up that driveway to the witches house, can you?
  • bubbajoe621bubbajoe621 Posts: 86 Member

I agree 100 percent. Those lot driveways are quite jarring and what's up with that random pickup truck. It's 80% quiet magical forest and 20% backwoods rednecks.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member

It's 80% quiet magical forest and 20% backwoods rednecks.

Lmao :D
    Yeah, for a really secluded wood-living I guess it is modding-time.

Just downloaded Zerbu’s venue changer and the mod that makes Granite Falls residential. Will have to try it in a sidesave because I don’t want to bug out my mainsave.

Or we could have skipped the driveways.
  • TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    Does anyone have any specific Glimmerbrook lots they've made? Things that really fit into the magical world? I'd love to see them.
    Simming for twenty years...
    Does anyone have any specific Glimmerbrook lots they've made? Things that really fit into the magical world? I'd love to see them.

I have posted pictures of my Glimmerbrook builds in the "RoM: Share Your Magical Screenshots" thread starting on page 8.
  • GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member

Just downloaded Zerbu’s venue changer and the mod that makes Granite Falls residential. Will have to try it in a sidesave because I don’t want to bug out my mainsave.

I tried the residential mod, but I just couldn't get it to work. After a short time my Sims would get kicked out of their lot and some other Sim would be on vacation there. If it works for you, I'd love to know what you did.

I was so looking forward to Glimmerbrook, because the initial screen shots made it look like it was in deep, mysterious woods. The driveways and streetlights seems like such a weirdly mundane choice for a magical forest.
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

I tried the residential mod, but I just couldn't get it to work. After a short time my Sims would get kicked out of their lot and some other Sim would be on vacation there. If it works for you, I'd love to know what you did.

I was so looking forward to Glimmerbrook, because the initial screen shots made it look like it was in deep, mysterious woods. The driveways and streetlights seems like such a weirdly mundane choice for a magical forest.

Thank you for the heads-up, will try it in a sidesave.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member

Is something like this what you're looking for.
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/78B02D0FDA6411E985372494C5C427A6?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=INDYANNA2&max=50&maxis=false
  • TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/78B02D0FDA6411E985372494C5C427A6?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=INDYANNA2&max=50&maxis=false

Yeah!

Gimme something I can download!
    Simming for twenty years...
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member

Yeah!

Gimme something I can download!

Were you able to download it?

My gallery name is INDYANNA2. There is no lower case letters in my name, use all caps when you type it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Let us know how this works out! I'm interested. Always wanted to live in granite falls. Glimmerbrook was a big disappointment.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member

That is why I like large lots, you can do so much more with the yard.
    In my game play, the lots are just the right size. I think my spellcasters wouldn't have a "backyard" like mortal (muggle) sims do. They don't need anything more than room to plant ingredients. They can fly on a broom, a hot tub really shouldn't be that exciting. Plus, I would think that a hot tub would make them think they're roasting in a cauldron and witches, I would think, would want to avoid being dunked in water after the Salem trials. :D
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    I'll probably use Glimmer as is but might change the bar.

Yes - I was unimpressed with that bar lot. Here's what I have come up with in my game as a replacement, The Cloven Hoof.

VsIwXpY.png

• starrling33starrling33 Posts: 87 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm curious about why the designers plunk my witch-kid down after school each day across the stream. She lives on Glimmerbrook Watch with her mom... but she has to run through the thunderstorm, through the stream to get home... when there's a lovely lane and driveway area right in front of her house. Interesting. ETA: Just realized that the poor kid is picked up in front of her house... but dropped off (almost) miles away. Wait. What?