Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Instead of TS5 would you like to see ...

a Sims 2 remastered edition?

What makes a game remastered? You take the core of the game, but improve the code and the engine to get higher resolution or better graphics and sound.

Comments

• Options
    EssentionEssention Posts: 22 New Member
    That would be a neat thing to see! Especially so since The Sims 2 was my first sims game ever before I got switched over to MySims. I loved making your own restaurants and shops in the game. Though I feel like what we have right now is enough for me.

------

Speaking of MySims, I would love to see a remaster/upgrade of that, too. Maybe add more areas, characters, items to create, and quests. Maybe even incorporate the various aspects of the other MySims games.

Original: Town building, essences, and custom made/painted items
    Kingdom: Essences, story quests and prefab building materials
    Agents: Story quests and multi regional travel.
    Party: Minigames!
    Racing: Cars and racing games.
    Skyheroes: Story quests and planes.

Perhaps....

Maybe a new huge MySims game could incorporate all of this.

You are an Essence Master who just recently moved to the region. The Mayor, Rosalyn, welcomes you and introduces you to the mechanics of building, placing items, and other related things to do. The tutorial is in the residential area of the region. Once the tutorial is complete, you're allowed to go into the region's town square where you will find the minigame hub, the train to land connected regions, a Sim Protection Agency building (for story mode), the Car Dealership (for racing, unlocks after reaching a certain level), the Airport (unlocks after reaching a certain point in Story Mode; it either takes you to residential areas of story mode locations for the town building parts of the game or you can do dogfights/plane races), and a port (which allows you to connect online to other players and visit their personal islands; you can unlock your personal island after completing Story Mode).

The train can take you back to the Residential District, the Commercial District, the Beach District, and the Garden District.

The Residential District is where your player and other sims live. There are few houses at the start and a whole lot of open plots to build on. The Commercial District is where you build all the shops and such for the main region. The Beach District is where you can hold parties and events for other sims to participate in; NPC and player alike. The Garden District would be much like the garden in MySims PC; you can plant essence trees, fish, and create a small amount of homes and/or shops.

You can connect to others online in both the Beach and Garden districts; the only areas you can meet other players when you start the game until you unlock your own personal island. The Beach would not be instanced for players (so it would act like a community hub) while the Gardens will be unique to each player, much like in MySims PC. You can invite your friends to your Garden or place it on a list of Public Gardens for others to visit freely.

I'm not sure about the story yet but my thoughts are going back to the original SPA/Player vs MorcuCorp ordeal.

I wanna call it MySims Ultimate. Because MySims 2 would be too... Generic for a huge game like this.

------

If not this, then maybe restarting the servers for MySims PC?
    I dunno man, I wanna play MySims with others. SIngleplayer MySims isn't enough for me.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited September 2019
    This would probably be the most exciting for me - way more exciting than TS5. Honestly in my opinion TS2 is perhaps the best in the franchise. It's so detailed and full of content that I would love for it to get the remaster it deserves. It would be fitting considering it's the game's 20th anniversary next year. I'm not hopeful, but still I hope they update it one day.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    I’d prefer to see Sims 3 rebuilt around a 64bit framework for stability to allow us TS3 diehards to continue to play the game for as long as EA refuses to give us a gams that we can call a true successor to Sims 3.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I adore the sims 2 but I wouldn’t want to see this.

The EA of now would strip the game of most of the things that made it fun in order to adhere to the T rating and so as not to cause offence.

They should leave it alone.
  • Options
    kendallrankendallran Posts: 125 Member
    I want them to end the series after 4. But before they do make TS3 playable and not have it lag or crash so much
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I would also like a remastered TS3 or something like that.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    An actual 3-D gaming rig like my Sims get to use!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    No.
    Don’t get me wrong, 2 was great for its time. And I loved it while it was relevant. But even than I had times where I wished there was more to it.

Tbh. I don’t really want a sims 5! I want a sims game that uses the technology from today to bring us a game that has all the loved features from every part before and is filled out enough in base game so we finally can go new ways with it instead of getting The same content over and over again in different flavours!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I'll take it tho I'm gonna miss some things from TS4 like multi tasking and auto fill needs. :( And how popping community lots are. I usually hate making my TS2 go out to public lots cuz it's less fun in my opinion and my sims needs go down too fast.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    No because I'm certain that's what Sims 4 was supposed to be.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif