Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Morgyn

Comments

• Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited September 2019
    Oh, that is terrific! @MasonGamer , I can totally see that in the Realm! You didn't have pros with the columns? I have a bug with columns atm

Sorry for not being on-topic :(
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Oh, that is terrific! @MasonGamer , I can totally see that in the Realm! You didn't have pros with the columns? I have a bug with columns atm
    Yeah It's coming along.
    495e98a4fa9ce47660a68ea3cc67638f.png

And Yes and it's annoying me. they keep "shrinking" and then they snapping back to normal when I add, or threaten to add Molding to the build.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    @ayatonic Honestly I’m kinda the same. Oh, I will TWEAK stuff (if the features are too cartoonish, I’ll tone them down a bit- but I’m always paranoid about keeping the overall look to them the same). Like I still have Morgyn with a man-bun, it’s just a smaller one with poofy wavy hair that fits his hair texture and length better 😂.

So Morgyn just gets better eyeliner, more outfits, and tweaked bun hair. And I think I swapped the party suit to another suit from City Living that fit his aesthetic. Oh and some added skin details. I think the sim I edited the most was probably Vlad, just because it bothered me he looked like an elder when he was marked YA, and his hair seemed a bit modern. So I gave him more flowy, medieval looking hair, toned down the cartoonishness of his features while still keeping the overall shape and look of his nose and etc, and shifted around the wrinkles to look more like ‘eternal vampire dad’ rather than ‘should probably be an elder.’

Kept almost all his clothes the same though. And did not touch the Nosferatu inspired form. 😂
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @RobinGreenthumb I did the same with Vlad in my save, and he's my most-downloaded Sim in the Gallery. Apparently a lot of people like younger Vlad!

(Edited slightly further beyond this one, similar CC hair in black, creepy black CC eyes. But yeah, didn't touch those outfits aside from formal and adding in seasonal ones, they're perfect in their terribleness.)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    yeah i dont like editing premades either it just feels wrong like i might change hairstyle or clothes if its really bad but i really try to not touch any genetics since i know i have tendency to create unnatural barbies

and I actually might start new save again just to get rid of any self made sims

like idk but i keep feeling like i just cant make sims that fit in with premades no matter what i do its just not working
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2019
    @MasonGamer Wow! I am loving your build! Please share it when you're done, I love all the column work. The Gurus did say a column fix was coming, so hopefully it will be in the next patch. It has been driving me bonkers, too. >.< Apparently adjusting the wall height up and down forces them to pop back properly into place, but I've noticed if you've already placed your roof, it can really mess up complicated roof structures, not to mention wall decor issues if you are editing a building.

@ryttu3k I can see why your Vlad is so popular! Nicely crafted sim!!!

It's fun to see everyone's Morgyns, as each one tends to vary significantly from game to game. Keep the screenshots coming! My changes to Morgyn were rather subtle, but changes nonetheless. He and Caleb are good friends in my game, and so he's almost always at my spell caster's home. Caleb is married to my spell caster, and he enjoys hosting social events. He's slowly making his way through the entire list of possible parties to throw. I'm a big fan of that vest and dress shirt combo, as you can see. LOL Both sages are wearing it as their party attire. :p
    tumblr_pxvz2xuQOA1vorh5do1_1280.jpg

Post edited by Ceres_Meiriona on
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Ceres_Meiriona the easiest two ways to fix the columns are: changing their swatch or placing a 1 tile wall piece somewhere on the same floor (the latter supposedly fixes all the columns on that floor). The wall height change messes with already set wall deco, which is why I went looking for other options ;) Fingers crossed for a permanent fix in the next patch.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    @Ceres_Meiriona the easiest two ways to fix the columns are: changing their swatch or placing a 1 tile wall piece somewhere on the same floor (the latter supposedly fixes all the columns on that floor). The wall height change messes with already set wall deco, which is why I went looking for other options ;) Fingers crossed for a permanent fix in the next patch.

That is so helpful, thank you! You rock!!!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    LjSTnO1.png

Morgyn's grandon, Lewis. His dad is one of the Charm family and they went nicely together in my opinion. This is my golden boy. He legitimately has the traits Father Winters Baby, Sulani Mana and Ancient Bloodline. Lots of prepping pre-release.
    CelSims wrote: »
    LjSTnO1.png

Morgyn's grandon, Lewis. His dad is one of the Charm family and they went nicely together in my opinion. This is my golden boy. He legitimately has the traits Father Winters Baby, Sulani Mana and Ancient Bloodline. Lots of prepping pre-release.

Wow Seriously? I don't know how you do it, I've hardly touched any of this stuff, I've got to get myself into gear lol. He looks great!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    @MasonGamer Wow! I am loving your build! Please share it when you're done, I love all the column work. The Gurus did say a column fix was coming, so hopefully it will be in the next patch. It has been driving me bonkers, too. >.< Apparently adjusting the wall height up and down forces them to pop back properly into place, but I've noticed if you've already placed your roof, it can really mess up complicated roof structures, not to mention wall decor issues if you are editing a building.

@ryttu3k I can see why your Vlad is so popular! Nicely crafted sim!!!

It's fun to see everyone's Morgyns, as each one tends to vary significantly from game to game. Keep the screenshots coming! My changes to Morgyn were rather subtle, but changes nonetheless. He and Caleb are good friends in my game, and so he's almost always at my spell caster's home. Caleb is married to my spell caster, and he enjoys hosting social events. He's slowly making his way through the entire list of possible parties to throw. I'm a big fan of that vest and dress shirt combo, as you can see. LOL Both sages are wearing it as their party attire. :p
    tumblr_pxvz2xuQOA1vorh5do1_1280.jpg

.. And I love what you have done to the practical mage, he looks so handsome there!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

For me, just clicking on the column to change the color but picking the same color will fix it.
    Couldn't find him around in my game, so I went to cas to get a pic of the skin details and minor changes I made to make up and accessories. And the new man bun.

ol48kWQ.png

2sthxGp.png

Didn't want to blow up the post with all the different outfits, so sticking to the classic for now. Debating whether to swap his green eyes with another, since I'm not sure if I dig my default replacement green for him. But either way, still kinda mad I don't have a sim to romance him with yet. :D
    @RobinGreenthumb , where is that bun from? It's so cute!

I replaced their eyes with one of the other greens, the really bright one. I felt it fit better rather than the hazel-ish shade they used for default.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

For me, just clicking on the column to change the color but picking the same color will fix it.

Thank you! This has helped immensely, although I have so many columns, also if you build just 1 fragment of a wall, it will fix them all on that level at the same time, if you have a lot of columns
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited September 2019
    Hey folks, I've removed the arguing from a few pages back and I'd like to thank you all for getting this back on topic quite swiftly. Going forward let's keep it on topic alright? :smile: Gotta say in my own game I caved and also changed the bun. As a long haired man I'm pretty particular when it comes to longer hairstyles and I wasn't a fan of it so HAD to change it.
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    @RobinGreenthumb , where is that bun from? It's so cute!

I replaced their eyes with one of the other greens, the really bright one. I felt it fit better rather than the hazel-ish shade they used for default.

It’s from the Rustique collaboration between cowconuts and cowplant-pizza on tumblr! It’s a great lil’ men’s fashion pack with some really cute looks. One of the shirts I’m using for Morgyn’s other hot weather look. Not sure if I can link it but you should be able to go to either of their tumblr pages to find it.

And yeah, the emerald is a bit too intense so I’m debating... I have 5 different eye styles in game so I’ll see what else would work better. /steeples fingers
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm seeing people saying Morgyn is a trans. Isn't he non-binary and was born a male (masculine I mean) ?
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
    Just occurred to me since I was catching up on Dragula last night, but I have a feeling that Morgyn would be a fan! I wish I could get some of the Boulet Brother’s outifts in game for him, but alas. 😭

@EA_Rtas yeah the bun is uh... just a very interesting one 😂. All I could think is Morgyn was using magic to get that vastly different of length and hair texture.
    I'm seeing people saying Morgyn is a trans. Isn't he non-binary and was born a male (masculine I mean) ?

Though it depends on the nonbinary person, a lot of nonbinary people do identify as trans- in fact, the trans pride flag was designed with the white stripe specifically to represent nonbinary people in our community! 😊 A trans person can fit any number of identities.

And although it certainly can be up for interpretation, from the in-game settings it looks like Morgyn was most likely DFAB and transitioned to fit who they are now.
    @RobinGreenthumb , thanks, I'll check it out!

Nonbinary tends to come under the trans umbrella, yeah! 'Transgender' literally means to identify as a gender other than the one assigned at birth, so a lot of nonbinary people (myself included) identify as trans and nonbinary at the same time. One of Morgyn's presets (can't use the toilet standing up) suggests that they're DFAB/AFAB (designated/assigned female at birth), the gender marker indicates that they lean more towards male in terms of identity, and the preference for feminine dress suggests that either they're nonbinary or, if they are a binary trans man, they're femme in dress sense and expression.

Also, just as a heads up, the more respectful terminology is 'Morgyn is trans', not 'Morgyn is a trans'. The GLAAD media reference guide goes through most terms and explains why they are or aren't used.
    Also, here is a very silly thing. Everyone starts somewhere!

cHPoqU8.jpg
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    My sim (Elliana) finally became a YA and, as per usual, as soon as she had blown out the candles I had her go off to try for a baby with Morgyn. And then, because I'm super impatient, I used MCCC to make her give birth immediately.

Despite the number of chinless kids they were throwing when I randomised genetics in CAS, their son Ryder (thank you name randomiser) turned out pretty well. Even as a girl his chin is fine so I guess he got lucky and inherited Elliana's chin.

Also, I guess Elliana's purple eyes and Morgyn's green eyes combined to give Ryder red eyes, which is pretty cool.

5yg8DCS.png
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    The cas genetic generator makes the ugliest kids ever!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    The cas genetic generator makes the ugliest kids ever!
    It does :D I think Ryder is alright looking though (but he was born in game rather than a product of the CAS generator)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Why are some people thinking they're "fixing" Morgyn by making him able to impregnate? I think he's fine just the way he is. ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png