Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs - Are they affecting your gameplay?

Comments

• FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    There are bugs but doesn't affect my game-play
    Hoverael wrote: »
    can't answer to the poll, should of been a fourth option: "there are bugs but sometimes they affect gameplay". i've had a few of them caught by MCCC recently, mostly trying to do basic things like mixing drinks at a bar, the animation happens but there is no mixer in hand, i have a sim try to drink one of those mixed drinks and there is no option, so i have to throw the drink away. that is a more recent one. the most recent MCCC lestexception points to a base game autonomy script failing.

i will run a check on TS4 files to make sure when i can.

If only I could have the ability to edit the polls and add that option. But I do think it is a big issue as you would think these simple basic stuff would be tested before you release new content ( I don't have RoM but I hear it crashes at CAS for a certain reason)
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    can't answer to the poll, should of been a fourth option: "there are bugs but sometimes they affect gameplay". i've had a few of them caught by MCCC recently, mostly trying to do basic things like mixing drinks at a bar, the animation happens but there is no mixer in hand, i have a sim try to drink one of those mixed drinks and there is no option, so i have to throw the drink away. that is a more recent one. the most recent MCCC lestexception points to a base game autonomy script failing.

If only I could have the ability to edit the polls and add that option. But I do think it is a big issue as you would think these simple basic stuff would be tested before you release new content ( I don't have RoM but I hear it crashes at CAS for a certain reason)

For what it's worth, there's now an emergency patch to fix that (because it happened for all occults).
    Sad thing is, bugs do sometimes creep in after release, no matter how much testing is done. Not saying all the bugs present are like that but some definitely don't happen until the game is live. Code is weird.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    its bit annoying with some but there is also few funny ones that have actually improved my storytelling tbh
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    I don't have any bugs that make my game unplayable. Had to think if I even had any that are simply annoying and couldn't come up with anything. I did encounter the CAS crash today but a fix has been released for that.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member

For what it's worth, there's now an emergency patch to fix that (because it happened for all occults).
    Sad thing is, bugs do sometimes creep in after release, no matter how much testing is done. Not saying all the bugs present are like that but some definitely don't happen until the game is live. Code is weird.

Code is really weird, like you could fix a city living bug but somehow that affects cats & dogs from eating a pet bowl :D (not that there is a pet bowl issue - it's an example)

Code is really weird, like you could fix a city living bug but somehow that affects cats & dogs from eating a pet bowl :D (not that there is a pet bowl issue - it's an example)

Or like someone adds CC eyelashes to the game and somehow it affects rings on SIms' hands. (which, yes, I've seen mentioned, though maybe not with rings but something else entirely unrelated to eyelashes and it still baffles me HOW).
    Expect the unexpected ;)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AMKAMK Posts: 3 New Member
    Game Is Unplayable
    Since installing Realm, I'm having issues where suddenly my Sims aren't able to go through doors that have worked before, the washer & dryer stop interacting, and other odd blocking glitches. I also had trouble starting out with Realm when I started a new game and tried to create my spellcaster... I couldn't choose any occult attributes in Create-a-Sim on the original family member, although it appeared I'd be able to access them for additional family members.

I'm just starting to search for fixes for what I can, but I can tell you that the update I received today did nothing to correct the issues. I hope they're able to fix because my game is becoming nearly unplayable.
  • AMKAMK Posts: 3 New Member
    Game Is Unplayable
    Oh! And I'm having some of the issues others are having such as Sims freezing and time continuing... although that isn't new to this expansion for me.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Add me to the members who would have voted, "The bugs affect my gameplay somewhat, but not to the point it becomes unplayable..."

I recently got a new gaming computer, and I still get the bug, usually on community lots, where all Sims freeze/lag in place, but time continues. So far I've been able to reset the simulation by going out to the Map, and back in to the lot. If I couldn't do that, yes, it would be unplayable at that point. So far it hasn't corrected itself. It happens without CC/mods, not every play session, just now and again. I've had that for quite some time as well. It is the most serious glitch in my thought, and I have more minor ones, too. I think they're all reported.

The beefier graphics card def improved the scrolling, tho, smooth as buttah. Loading times are shorter, too, with and without cc/mods, playing older Saves as well. I got I guess what you'd call a mid-range gaming computer, less than $1000.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    Game Is Unplayable
    Cupid wrote: »
    musteni wrote: »
    Cupid wrote: »
    these poll options are pretty extreme lol

but yes, there are bugs affecting my gameplay. I've been waiting patiently for nearly two years to be able to play a sim with a dog in my favorite CL apartment, just as an example.

What's wrong with dogs and apartments? I had a dog in an apartment and thought it was fine. Or is it just a certain apartment?

They've got issues with the elevators in some apartments. I think it's only the ones in the financial district IIRC.

I've experienced this and I think it is limited to the financial district. The dog wouldn't go out on their own to relieve themselves. Wouldn't work on a leash either. I had to have my sim pick it up and place it outside.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Right now the freelancer career is affecting my gameplay.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited September 2019
    Noticed there is ALOT of bugs in The Sims 4 even simple ones such as sims carrying the laundry basket in paranormal activity form as well as freelancer career not 100% working!

Could have used another option. Like, "There are bugs and they are very annoying but the game isn't unplayable."

The fruitcake bug is a good example. That bug has existed since the game began. If you don't know what it is, it happens often when your sim eats fruitcake and doesn't like it. After that ANYTHING they eat will give them the food taste bad animation even though they may like what they are eating.

Another one: Inviting someone in when you are currently talking to someone. After clicking invite in on the person standing outside, many times they will come inside and walk over to you. Your sims will then ask if they want to come in. Then your sim and the person you're talking to will walk away from the invited sim and walk to the font door and just stand there. It's brilliant. :D

Inviting someone in while you're reading. Sim will go get in the bath tub after clicking invite in while reading a book.

I could go on but, I'm gonna go yell at my game now :p

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    I would have said unplayable a couple of days ago because of the awful camera stuttering that began to happen as a result of either the latest patch or RoM. Fortunately, I found some workarounds by adjusting some settings in-game and in the Nividia control panel. However, the fact that I had to downgrade the settings in-game (I used to have everything on max and the game ran smoothly) and had to adjust the settings in the Nividia control panel shows that there are some issues with the game, and it's only going to get worst if these issues are not addressed.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Game Is Unplayable
    So_Money wrote: »
    The game isn’t “unplayable” but it absolutely affects my gameplay. Especially the simulation lag and miscellaneous broken features that crop up with each patch. I’m honestly a bit burned out dealing with it. I haven’t fired the game up in a couple months now.

This so much.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Game Is Unplayable
    The game is unplayable because the bugs are just out of control and I am tired of dealing with them.

I had to download a UI cheat so I can fill the needs of toddlers. Eating has been an issue for too long. Between the high chair and now that plate dropping while eating before finishing, I have stopped feeding them and just moving the hunger bar to full. This really makes my family play less engaging.

All the bugs in Island living was just flat out annoying. Simulation lag, NPCs spawning in houses with fireplaces, lots just breaking, missing counters, releasing the counters like a month later and they don't even match UGH and the list goes on...

I will bypass the whole clothing thing to avoid a rehash.

I watched Moschino get released with the whole issue with the photos and the mail so I waited on buying that pack.

The nail in the coffin was watching ROM get released and a tweet from a QA Analyst stating oh I have found these bugs in game. My thoughts were Really??? So we are testing the game while it is live?? I feel like we have been getting the beta version of these games and we deserve better.

Anyways on break and not buying anything for a bit. Maybe I will come back after they fix this game, if I don't lose interest...
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Thankfully I have no interest in ROM which sounds like its full of bugs. I have encountered a few bugs over the years like the singing bug that was fixed but nothing that has made the game unplayable being unplayable is all about its missing features not bugs for me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Suppose you have a poor, little orphaned life state - say, an ugly gnome - that only a handful of players play. The developers are no longer supporting ugly gnomes because very few players play them. When you try to create your ugly gnome in CAS, it crashes. It crashes when you try to select the general clothing. It crashes when you switch to cold weather clothing. It crashes when you zoom in on the face to change it. In fact, it's so bugged, the developers can't create an ugly gnome in CAS - they have to ask a user to do it, because the users have figured out workarounds to avoid the crashing.

This is what I've been dealing with for the past seven or so years at work - this is why I'm the official ugly-gnome-tester. So no, as far as I'm concerned, this is not a buggy game.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Is anyone still experiencing the columns bug? Because I still have it in my game even after the update. I have no idea where to post about this because the main bug report is marked as fixed, so here is hope anyone can help me here.

Now about the poll: I wouldn't say the game is unplayable, but I can't say it doesn't affect my gameplay because it does. The constant entering build mode to fix columns, sims drinking water all the time then crowding the bathrooms and getting low hygiene and the recent lag spikes are taking a toll on my game. It's annoying to manage all the recent bugs.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Did they fix the potions price in yesterday's update?
  • nothisnothis Posts: 2 New Member
    Bugs don't affect my gameplay much, since I use mods to fix them
    Livinity wrote: »
    Is anyone still experiencing the columns bug? Because I still have it in my game even after the update. I have no idea where to post about this because the main bug report is marked as fixed, so here is hope anyone can help me here.

Now about the poll: I wouldn't say the game is unplayable, but I can't say it doesn't affect my gameplay because it does. The constant entering build mode to fix columns, sims drinking water all the time then crowding the bathrooms and getting low hygiene and the recent lag spikes are taking a toll on my game. It's annoying to manage all the recent bugs.

You can still post in the AHQ thread even if it's marked as fixed. If you've fully updated with the emergency patch and tried a game repair, definitely reply on the bug thread to let them know it's still an issue.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    There are bugs and it does affect my gameplay.

I would vote for that.

This. You needed another option in your poll ;)
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Okay, people, it's you, not me. I did a test on the freelancer careers last night, on the chance that maybe a patch has broken them since I last played them and can report that the programming, digital artist and writer are still working just fine. My Sim was able to encrypt five files (actually six - one 'failed' - I got a notification that 'oops, something went wrong with that file') and they counted off and my Sim got paid. She wrote three marketing copies and submitted them and got paid, and created three icons and submitted them and got paid. I don't have the Moschino pack, so I can't test the photography freelance career.

So, a) there is a pack I don't have that is stuffing them up (Moschino?); b) a mod or cc that breaks the freelancer careers; c) ur doing it wrong.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • zirizezirize Posts: 15 Member
    Game Is Unplayable
    >
    > So, a) there is a pack I don't have that is stuffing them up (Moschino?)

Yeah, Photography freelance career is broken, now. Also, Magic of realm aspirations are too.

GTW science career has a over year old issue.

And after season dlc, butlers are also broken, which is a key selling point of VGSP.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/3445209

here is the list of current known bugs. used to be one page, now two pages long.

it's not all of them. plenty of comfirmed or opened bugs are not listed,yet.