Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mythology Pack Ideas

Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
edited January 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I just love fantasy stories with mythical creatures. I know we already have vampires and mermaids, but I would love a pack based on Greco-Roman mythology with fawn and satyr sims or (dare I be so bold) centaur sims. It would be nice to have the ancient clothing too, like togas.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    edited September 2019
    I could go for some Celtic Mythology. But if we had the greek gods my first vote is for Hades
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I love mythology
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Greek Mythology was always my favorite. Hercules, Xena, Aphrodite, Artamis, Apollo & all the myth creatures.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Werewolves originated in Greek Myth.

I liked going on adventures and collecting mythical magical artifacts. would make excellent museum pieces.

I'm for it, I would Love a Greek World, maybe Ancient Greece, and Rome, revived, Restored/Completed and reimagined.
    tuscan Country side, I want to start a Vineyard so bad, don't really want to build it in Windenburg.

I would Go Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, Egypt and Arabia
    Gaul (France) England, Ireland and Scottland.
    Those are the places and Cultures I'm interested in.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Toz91 wrote: »
    I just love fantasy stories with mythical creatures. I know we already have vampires and mermaids, but I would love a pack based on Greco-Roman mythology with fawn and satyr sims or (dare I be so bold) centaur sims. It would be nice to have the ancient clothing too, like togas.

You'd also be looking at Phoenicians, Etruscans and Gauls in that as well. It all comes as a sort of package deal. Hellenic soldiers with their bronze armour and skirt combo, thick bronze shield with a wooden back, strapped to the soldiers arm, a big long wooden stick with a sharp metal point on the end and their characteristic Corinthian and Chalcidian helmets to top it all off. Now imagine a historical reenactment coming to town one a year with locals wearing that stuff, getting into mock fights to tell a tale.

you'd get your entertainments worth out of it if nothing else.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Greek Gods wouldn't make much sense in the sims world. Pass.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited September 2019
    mika wrote: »

Ancient Greece had a thing for those old gods, a few tales told like Charybdis and Scylla which has given rise to the modern "rock and hard place" meaning. Odyssey told a tale of king Odysseus's apparent death and his journey back home, he finds allies as he overcomes challenges ahead of him and kills all these men looking to claim his wife after they hear of this apparent death, that poem is one of the most important stories in human history though.

it would seem fitting to celebrate our historical past as much as where our future goes. but yeah, EA could do an imitation of their own and leave enough clues as to what it points to without it adding any religious significance to it.
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited September 2019
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Actually werewolves where around longer than that the first known story was during the time of the Sumerian king Gilgamesh nearly 1000 yrs before the first Greek story about them.

But they go back even farther as there are vague references to them in some parts of Asia namely Siberia, Mongolia and China.

Not to mention werewolves or skinwalkers as they called them have been a part of Native American spirital beliefs for as far back as 6000 BC at the very least. As a cave drawing of them made by ancient Native Americans was found. And their belief in them probably goes back even farther.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I'd love to see a Faerie pack. Based on the folklore, where Fae were actually dangerous.

In the light of the new magic realm, there could be a Fae realm. You'd need to be careful not to eat the food or dance if you were a human.

The Fae Courts: Unseelie, Seelie and Solitary. Different types of Fae have different abilities and natures. You could go to them for favours, for a price. Which would rarely ever work out your way, but you could get lucky. And isn't that worth it?

Ability to trap imps and keep them as a sort of familiar.

Pseudonym names for Fae, as giving someone their real name allows that person to control them. There could be a way to find their real name underhandedly.
    Also being able to bargain your own name (a terrible idea, don't do it) to say, bring back the dead, or become famous, with more chance of it going wrong.

Some humans would have the ability to see Fae and imps in the real world. And be more susceptible to Fae related 'incidents'.

Other general ideas I'll throw out:
    Changelings, Glamours, Time moving slower in the Fae Realm, Faerie circles and toadstools, Fae powers, Silver good, Iron bad, make jewellery of either to protect yourself from or attract Fae.

I want to genuinely fear that if they enter the realm, my human sims may be unable to come back. And, I don't know how to politely put this but, enchanted human servants anyone?
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Actually werewolves where around longer than that the first known story was during the time of the Sumerian king Gilgamesh nearly 1000 yrs before the first Greek story about them.

But they go back even farther as there are vague references to them in some parts of Asia namely Siberia, Mongolia and China.

Not to mention werewolves or skinwalkers as they called them have been a part of Native American spirital beliefs for as far back as 6000 BC at the very least. As a cave drawing of them made by ancient Native Americans was found. And their belief in them probably goes back even farther.

Interesting, I would definitely play from a Native American Standpoint of werewolves too.

Hmm, Maybe it was meant to be... My werewolves that come From Europe are of Greek/Roman descendants. and they come to America where they meet a Native American family, I had intended for that family to be of supernatural origins. but the two families bonded and allied themselves together, so maybe The native American Family will be werewolves too.

Although the Irish Myth, is where I want to go with this too:

tumblr_o7tx5rgKUX1u5qndbo1_640.jpg
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    I'd love to see a Faerie pack. Based on the folklore, where Fae were actually dangerous.

In the light of the new magic realm, there could be a Fae realm. You'd need to be careful not to eat the food or dance if you were a human.

The Fae Courts: Unseelie, Seelie and Solitary. Different types of Fae have different abilities and natures. You could go to them for favours, for a price. Which would rarely ever work out your way, but you could get lucky. And isn't that worth it?

Ability to trap imps and keep them as a sort of familiar.

Pseudonym names for Fae, as giving someone their real name allows that person to control them. There could be a way to find their real name underhandedly.
    Also being able to bargain your own name (a terrible idea, don't do it) to say, bring back the dead, or become famous, with more chance of it going wrong.

Some humans would have the ability to see Fae and imps in the real world. And be more susceptible to Fae related 'incidents'.

Other general ideas I'll throw out:
    Changelings, Glamours, Time moving slower in the Fae Realm, Faerie circles and toadstools, Fae powers, Silver good, Iron bad, make jewellery of either to protect yourself from or attract Fae.

I want to genuinely fear that if they enter the realm, my human sims may be unable to come back. And, I don't know how to politely put this but, enchanted human servants anyone?

Isn't there a Sim named "Aine" somewhere in this the new ROM pack? She is of Irish Mythology and has most recently been associated with being the Queen of Fae, but I guess that depends on which of version of her myth you go with.
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    I would loooove a Mythology-themed pack!! They could add an Underworld where Ghosts roam, with the main world being Greek/Roman-inspired with perhaps a secret lot based off of Troy that requires a Sim with level 10 Handiness to construct a giant wooden horse to enter 😏
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member

Isn't there a Sim named "Aine" somewhere in this the new ROM pack? She is of Irish Mythology and has most recently been associated with being the Queen of Fae, but I guess that depends on which of version of her myth you go with.

Yes she is! In the ROM trailer. Strangely enough, my middle name is also Aine.
    I had no idea it had roots in Fae mythology till you said so. Fascinating.
    Wikipedia descriped her as: 'Reputedly the most powerful fairy in Ulster'

So I suppose I can say 'Most powerful fairy in Ulster' IS my middle name... reputedly.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! Moved this to the idea section.

EA_Joz
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    mika wrote: »

Ancient Greece had a thing for those old gods, a few tales told like Charybdis and Scylla which has given rise to the modern "rock and hard place" meaning. Odyssey told a tale of king Odysseus's apparent death and his journey back home, he finds allies as he overcomes challenges ahead of him and kills all these men looking to claim his wife after they hear of this apparent death, that poem is one of the most important stories in human history though.

it would seem fitting to celebrate our historical past as much as where our future goes. but yeah, EA could do an imitation of their own and leave enough clues as to what it points to without it adding any religious significance to it.

I read the Oddesy and King Odysseus never did die. He just was away from his home for 20 entire years. 10 years in a war (The Illiad) and another 10 years trying to get home (mostly because he annoyed a particular Cyclopes Polyphemus). It only some people (ie Penople's 109 suitors) just assumed he was dead because its taken awhile for him to get home. I kind of like this greek hero, because he and (the earlier jerk hero Theseus) are the only two Greek heroes NOT directly related to a God. (Even though some soruces say his grandfather is Hermes-but not in anything I read)
    6adMCGP.gif

Yes she is! In the ROM trailer. Strangely enough, my middle name is also Aine.
    I had no idea it had roots in Fae mythology till you said so. Fascinating.
    Wikipedia descriped her as: 'Reputedly the most powerful fairy in Ulster'

So I suppose I can say 'Most powerful fairy in Ulster' IS my middle name... reputedly.

awesome possum! that's way cool!
  • MadHatterReaperMadHatterReaper Posts: 6 New Member
    It would be cool to see more magical states your sim could be, I mean I miss having genies and fairies and werewolves. So far they've only given us back spellcasters, vampires and mermaids. As a side note I ended up adding a few gods to my game, most of the greek pantheon, some japanese, few egyptians. If they don't give us actual life states perhaps even just clothing or masks we could wear would be nice.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yesssssssssss

I would like to see dragons; any kind. Big ones, preferably. Okay, maybe not super big, as that would be inconvenient for certain lots; maybe baby dragons are fine... Maybe there's a dragon cave somewhere in which you CAN meet a huge, adult dragon, though.

And fairies. Especially the dangerous folklore ones. Yes please!
    Sylvan Glade already KINDA has fairies, whatwith all the glowy red eyes in the bushes, the fairy circle, the sparkles moving around, the giggles... would be cool to just expand on that, and add fairies as an actual occult. A pack that updates Sylvan Glade; perhaps it adds another portal to an actual fairy neighborhood, which unlocks as a selectable world once you enter it.

Honestly, that's what I would've liked with the Magic Realm too, but nah, it's a "hidden" world, there's just one lot, and the portal is easily accessible out there in the open.

I definitely need werewolves to return as well!

Also, centaurs, yes please -- dare I say I want to combine them with aliens? I want to create proper andalites. Maybe we could choose between different types of bodies; Horse centaur, deer centaur, or even something wild, like spider centaur??
    I feel like centaurs would have a lot more routing issues, though. And they cannot sleep in human beds. They might have to sleep and do their business the way horses do. Still, I want them.

I'd also like to have something like TS3 Dragon Valley again?
    That was a cool world with a great aesthetic.

Wow, I'm rambling.

Anyway, just, yes, I'd love a mythology-themed expansion pack.
    Maybe it's like TS3 Supernatural, since some of these seem like minor occults who don't have a lot of detail, like elves; they're basically just pointy-eared people with really long lifespans, right? Sounds easy enough to implement.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Yesssssssssss

I would like to see dragons; any kind. Big ones, preferably. Okay, maybe not super big, as that would be inconvenient for certain lots; maybe baby dragons are fine... Maybe there's a dragon cave somewhere in which you CAN meet a huge, adult dragon, though.

And fairies. Especially the dangerous folklore ones. Yes please!
    Sylvan Glade already KINDA has fairies, whatwith all the glowy red eyes in the bushes, the fairy circle, the sparkles moving around, the giggles... would be cool to just expand on that, and add fairies as an actual occult. A pack that updates Sylvan Glade; perhaps it adds another portal to an actual fairy neighborhood, which unlocks as a selectable world once you enter it.

Honestly, that's what I would've liked with the Magic Realm too, but nah, it's a "hidden" world, there's just one lot, and the portal is easily accessible out there in the open.

I definitely need werewolves to return as well!

Also, centaurs, yes please -- dare I say I want to combine them with aliens? I want to create proper andalites. Maybe we could choose between different types of bodies; Horse centaur, deer centaur, or even something wild, like spider centaur??
    I feel like centaurs would have a lot more routing issues, though. And they cannot sleep in human beds. They might have to sleep and do their business the way horses do. Still, I want them.

I'd also like to have something like TS3 Dragon Valley again?
    That was a cool world with a great aesthetic.

Wow, I'm rambling.

Anyway, just, yes, I'd love a mythology-themed expansion pack.
    Maybe it's like TS3 Supernatural, since some of these seem like minor occults who don't have a lot of detail, like elves; they're basically just pointy-eared people with really long lifespans, right? Sounds easy enough to implement.

AAHHH! I would love dragons!! I would make a little red one and throw all the monies at him and love him and pet him and call him Schmoopsie!!

On top of my suggestion for some Celtic mythology, i would love to have some CAS items to make them look like orcs. I'm getting off topic here but the only way I can make one without them being a vampire is using Khitsule's pointy ears for all mod.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd absolutely love more historical packs. I had Sims Medieval and enjoyed it though I did not play it enough for various reasons. In other gaming variations, I have often played historic strategy games or themes.

In order to play a historic theme, I need it to be completely immersive. That would be a completely separate save and I'd probably remove all of the pre-mades. I know that a lot of other people have done that. I'd need enough historic content to not get bored.

I've just been playing a modern theme to keep it simple, but I love historic content from different periods in history. I just wouldn't want a mish-mash of eras in the same save.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • bloodydarkanglbloodydarkangl Posts: 74 Member
    I would love a mythical world full of fairies, dragons and magical creatures. Something like the world in Maleficent would be nice.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    We need a time travel to the past eras with livable lots, hairstyles, hats, accessories, clothing, traits, skills, careers, aspirations & historical related communication NO CELLPHONES.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top