Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular Opinions (The Sims 3)

Comments

• mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @bekkasan - (awesomed you). I don't use the more mean traits either, not because of what they are but rather because I haven't figured out how to effectively use them. I try to look at the 'specialty' of each trait and match it with the Sim. Evil for example has the wonderful ability to talk about plotting a scheme, which is useful for certain types but, then you get 'steal candy from baby' which has no use for me.
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : oh, now I'm sad that I didn't get an awesome! 😜
    But an awesome for you: without the NRaas mods I would have quit playing looong ago!
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @AlexaKry I wanna awesome your post because of how funny you were in it! :lol: But I sadly can't because I honestly LOVE WA Adventures! :mrgreen:<3

That being said, if I get lazy in a tomb, or need pics for story purposes, I'll cheat my way to get to the treasures. :mrgreen:
    Teleport anyone? :lol:

@bekkasan
    I dunno if this is unpopular or not. I would have quit Sims 3 back in 2014 if I had not started using the Nraas mods to allow me to play the game I wanted to play. Those mods made all the difference in the world to me for allowing me to play the game my way.

unpopular opinion I do try to give my sims varied traits, but, I don't do evil or mean type traits, because this game is a way to relax for me and there is enough bad in real life I don't need it in the game.

In italics: See I'm not sure if I would've quit playing without NRaas mods. :p I was having tons of fun playing the Sims 3, didn't have crashes often since we bought a high end computer at the time specifically to run the game, without NRaas mods. I didn't even know about NRaas mods until I heard people talking about them on here and I was like, "Ohhh ok. So that's where you can get the ultimate cheat (Master Controller) and the "Inteenimater." (<---that's what the cheat was called for the Sims 2, but of course we can't mention the real NRaas mod I'm referring to here. ;) ) So then I was like, "I MUST HAVE THEM!" :smiley: I'd always been a sucker for mods since my Sims 2 playing days. :mrgreen:
    Then everyone started raving about Overwatch, Register, Story Progression, etc and while I have yet to add SP to my game O and R have been lifesavers in helping to reduce lag! NRaas RULES and I thank Twallan and the many others involved in it ( @igazor :blush: ) for putting in so much of their precious time to provide mods that help us Sims 3 players be able to PLAY the game enjoyably due to the laziness in fixing the real issues from EA... :unamused:
    (I swear if they had spent 3 more years on the Sims 3, can you imagine how much more GREAT it would've become!? *sigh* )

In bold: I am the same! :star: And EXACTLY! The only time I will give mean traits to a sim if they are a specific kind of character I need for a story, but about 95% of the time I don't even touch those negative traits.
    I'm all about the happy! :grin:

source.gif

Can't think of another unpopular opinion at the moment. :p But I'm sure one will come to me soon.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Rflong7 My Sims are real! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    One unpopular opinion...

I still think that it is the 2000s and don't always give my Sims flat screen TVs...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

Thank you @emorrill , @mw1525 , @Mikezumi , and @AlexaKry for your kind remarks and for everyone's well wishes. I spent too much time up and about yesterday getting our house ready for an open house (we're trying to sell it) that my ankle swelled up again last night. I plan to stay in bed or on the sofa with my ankle propped up today so won't spend time commenting.

There are quite a few unpopular opinions I wanted to agree with and some to disagree with but hope to get to that another day. Keep those opinions coming. It makes for an interesting thread. :)
  • MalloryplayssimsMalloryplayssims Posts: 2 New Member
    My unpopular upinon is that when my sims she up i dont like giving them makeovers
    My unpopular upinon is that when my sims she up i dont like giving them makeovers

A makeover is one of the first thing that I would give a Sim lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Unpopular opinion #3
    I love those so called "bad traits" (grumpy, evil, hates outdoor, loser, clumsy, absent-minded, coward, hot-headed etc). I think those add extra challenge and character to the Sims. Most of my Sims have at least one "bad trait" so they don't seem too perfect. I mean even Bree Van De Kamp has her flaws.
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    @ItsJanier So true! I gave Valentina the clumsy trait and Juliette the grumpy trait. Everyone has their flaws...

(Although sometimes Valentina will trip at the most awkward moment.... DO NOT DROP THE BABY! lol)
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Okay this is an unpopular opinion I have to drop after seeing many people bash it, you meanies. :rage:

The random purple eyes that sims get? They're kind of cool, I like 'em.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • ingridmfingridmf Posts: 67 Member
    Unpopular opinion : I have no interest in premade families history/genealogy/dynamics and never play them.
    Thing is, I used to, in the TS2 (especially the Caliente sisters, Don Lothario & the Goth family). It's just not as enticing/interesting in TS3.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    coco wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion is that even though I've had Supernatural installed since it came out, I just can't find myself to care about occult sims. I go to lengths by changing mod settings to make sure I don't see any walking around or spawning. I prefer regular boring human sims :lol:

I agree, partially. I do prefer human sims and do use mods to control the occults in my towns. I have no IFs, no aliens, no plant sims, no zombies, no robots in any game. When I do have an occult in my game they are usually only in my household. I've tried vampires, a werewolf, and a genie. I plan to try a fairy eventually. I've played a couple of times in Moonlight Falls but replaced the entire population with my sims. The only exception is Bridgeport where I leave the population, including the vampires.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Okay this is an unpopular opinion I have to drop after seeing many people bash it, you meanies. :rage:

The random purple eyes that sims get? They're kind of cool, I like 'em.

Purple eyes :heart:. I usually prefer to give a different shade but I intentionally give sims purple eyes sometimes. I think purple is a fantastic eye color. I'll work with it if it pops up randomly. Again usually I'll try to get a bolder colour out of it but I'll stick with purple.
    ingridmf wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion : I have no interest in premade families history/genealogy/dynamics and never play them.
    Thing is, I used to, in the TS2 (especially the Caliente sisters, Don Lothario & the Goth family). It's just not as enticing/interesting in TS3.

I just hate everything about TS3 premade. But yes I don't care about them for their backgrounds. I haven't played them at all since the very early days of TS3. I agree on TS2 as well.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @InfraGreen It's true I am one of the purple eye bashers but it's not just the purple I object to. I simply don't use any default preset colours (hair or eyes) and that purple (or violet as I call it) is one.
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @InfraGreen - (awesome'd you!) I didn't know the game gave that eye color out randomly, I have always added it. After all, it is a natural eye color (a mutation) but still one which is found in the natural world. I like purple/violet eyes, too!!

@Coco - I'm not a huge fan of the occult Sims either. Not because they're occult types but rather how they have been presented. I probably wouldn't mind them so much if they were less 'classic movie' inspired and a bit more modern.

@cwaddell - With the exception of the imaginary friend (not adding Generations to my game), I have found places for all of the occult life states which makes their existence a bit more tolerable for me. Simbots and Plumbots are associated with the robotics and cybernetic divisions of my Science Centers. Plant Sims (and cow plants) are also a part of my Science Center (Environmental Division). Vampires (non-hunting) have a 🐸🐸🐸🐸-esque presence across several worlds. Vampires (hunting) are limited to Moonlight Falls and Midnight Hollow. Aliens will (solely) inhabit the world of Lunar Lakes (if I can manage it). Witches, Warlocks, Genies and Fairies are a part of my Dragon Valley world. Werewolves have to stay in Moonlight Falls (for now) until I find a good placement for them. I haven't begun to think about placement for Merfolk yet ;).
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @InfraGreen It's true I am one of the purple eye bashers but it's not just the purple I object to. I simply don't use any default preset colours (hair or eyes) and that purple (or violet as I call it) is one.

If it helps I don't like most of the natural presets either...they forgot a shade of brown too like that's somehow possible to do.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @InfraGreen If I remember correctly the only shade of brown is very pale and almost amber. I used to cringe when I got that one! These days I use the Consort Eye Color mod so my sim kids only inherit their parents' eye colour.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I don't really mind the awfully long loading time (for my old grandpa PC it takes about 5 to 10 minutes) whilst a save is being loaded - given that once you have started playing you wouldn't have to go through another one (unless you are planing to re-edit sims in CAS or travelling to another town). Plus I can use that loading time to make a good warm cuppa and get myself comfortable :)
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    These days I use the Consort Eye Color mod so my sim kids only inherit their parents' eye colour.
    I haven't found that one by the way. I have the Consort mod for hair color though. I only found a mod by KittyCarey, but haven't tried that one yet.
    edited September 2019
    @Turjan Sorry! Early onset (not so early ;) ) dementia :confounded: It was Kitty Carey's mod I was thinking about.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited September 2019
    No worries, that's kind of an easy mix-up. Good to know that I found the right mod then :smile:
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    edited September 2019
    Gah! I wish I would have been on this thread from the beginning - so many I want to agree with!

Far too many people listed money to tag them. It is far too easy to make money, as many have said. I use that enormous cash flow to upgrade the town. I simply "build/buy on this lot" testingcheatsneabled instead of doing it from edit town, whether for a public lot or a private one through . That makes me feel like I'm giving back to the community. I go to friends houses/parties and buy them all new beds, baths, toilets, cookers and fridges - and usually some form of group entertainment. I still end up with far more money than I'd ever need but at least I get the satisfaction of knowing everyone's sleeping better, not setting themselves on fire, and have working plumbing. If I like them enough they all get speedy cars so it doesn't take them forever to come over/out lol

I agree with @Mikezumi and @DillynJames both on the length of skirts in the game. And I'll throw in that most of the modestly lengthed skirts are horrible models, too. I try to combat the short skirts with "tights" whenever plausible but if all of the women around my town irl were dressed like that I'd have to wonder whether I was in a grocery store or actually an Amsterdam discotheque :lol:

I agree with @emorrill , @bekkasan and @SimTrippy about faithfulness. It drives me nuts. Even beyond the morality of it is your integrity. If you're in an exclusive relationship but you don't want to be exclusive, have the integrity to address it like an adult. Explain your feelings to the other person before enacting on your feelings. You can only expect people trust and respect you if you behave with those virtues in mind.

Unpopular Opinion #1
    I hardly ever have a maid service. That does not mean that I always have my sims clean up after themselves, especially food, either. Most of the time I just drag and drop those items for them, be it back into the fridge for leftovers or into the garbage. All plumbing is upgraded to self cleaning rather than unbreakable (I usually buy the unbreakable ones anyway and if not any plumbing that is repaired by a sim that's repaired 10 or more plumbing objects that thing will never break again anyway.)

Unpopular Opinion #2
    I have used the library even less than a maid service.

Unpopular Opinion #3
    I like nectar making just to try to discover new perfect combinations :)

Unpopular Opinion #4
    I don't have any stuff packs *ducks*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top